Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 3 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Still open to trading an RB if anyone wants to give up a top WR. Stacy and Brown both available

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I'm actually going to lose my match by 0.7 because the Bears defence sucks and gave me -2 points. FML.

My win streak extends to 8 wins - which clinches my division, a bye into the semi finals and promotion to Division 2!

Looks like we could have some close battles for the remaining playoff places, no other places are guaranteed. Should be an interesting final week of the regular season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Blured wrote: »
    My win streak extends to 8 wins - which clinches my division, a bye into the semi finals and promotion to Division 2!

Looks like we could have some close battles for the remaining playoff places, no other places are guaranteed. Should be an interesting final week of the regular season

Currently number 2 seed, but I still don't think I'm safe at 8-4. Since your true and all, maybe you might forget to set your team properly ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Anyone know how the tiebreakers work? I'm currently out of the playoffs on the tiebreaker but I don't know what it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Benimar wrote: »
    Anyone know how the tiebreakers work? I'm currently out of the playoffs on the tiebreaker but I don't know what it is!
    I'm currently 4th of the 5 8-4 teams. The 3 teams above me beat me in matchups, the team below me I didn't play but its looks like I'm placed ahead because of points difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Coeus wrote: »
    I'm currently 4th of the 5 8-4 teams. The 3 teams above me beat me in matchups, the team below me I didn't play but its looks like I'm placed ahead because of points difference.

I'm first of the 5 teams. I have the better points difference. I'm still down as the 5th seed in the playoffs though. Has that been updated yet or will it stay the same?

I'm first of the 5 teams. I have the better points difference. I'm still down as the 5th seed in the playoffs though. Has that been updated yet or will it stay the same?
    You must be in the same division as Blu York. The division leaders are seeded 1 through 4 for the playoffs. I lead my division so even though I rank fifth overall, I'm seeded 3rd for the playoffs for now. That said if I lose my matchup at the weekend and Goons win I think I miss out on the playoffs no matter what happens in the other matchups :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Far too close at the top for my liking.

I'm currently down as 6th seed but and ranked 3rd overall in the standings?
    Also in my division I'm ranked 3rd overall and guy leading is 4th overall.(division 3) I'm assuming I lost a head to head there - on my phone at the minute so way too much effort in checking with the Android application.

Spent some time trying to comprehend it all earlier and gave up - all I know is I want to win this weekend and I should be good for the playoffs, I think - god only knows what's gonna happen if I loose and a couple of people all end up with the same record fighting for the last playoff spot though :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

You must be in the same division as Blu York. The division leaders are seeded 1 through 4 for the playoffs. I lead my division so even though I rank fifth overall, I'm seeded 3rd for the playoffs for now. That said if I lose my matchup at the weekend and Goons win I think I miss out on the playoffs no matter what happens in the other matchups :(

Ah right. I am in his division. I've been the overall leader for the last two years. Never had to worry about anything outside first seed. It's a strange feeling. I don't like it. I'm getting nervous. It's very, very close.

• Advertisement

From what I can make out:
    - Blu York Giants are in as the No 1 seed.
    - The winner of Bunch of Goons (me) v Blue Mountain Goats will get a wildcard (BMG might win the division)
    - Team of Rivals will get a wildcard with a win or a Goons loss.
    - The winner of Henry Le Cheat v Manafanas Steelers will be in. I think Henry can qualify with a loss if Blue Mountain Goats win and Warfield Warriors lose.
    - Witty Tanks are in with a win or a Fumblers loss. Fumblers need to win and hope Witty Tanks lose.
    - Warfield Warriors are in with a win.

Then again, its so complicated I'm not really sure!!

Benimar wrote: »
    From what I can make out:
    - Blu York Giants are in as the No 1 seed.
    - The winner of Bunch of Goons (me) v Blue Mountain Goats will get a wildcard (BMG might win the division)
    - Team of Rivals will get a wildcard with a win or a Goons loss.
    - The winner of Henry Le Cheat v Manafanas Steelers will be in. I think Henry can qualify with a loss if Blue Mountain Goats win and Warfield Warriors lose.
    - Witty Tanks are in with a win or a Fumblers loss. Fumblers need to win and hope Witty Tanks lose.
    - Warfield Warriors are in with a win.

Then again, its so complicated I'm not really sure!!
    That gives me another out if I lose :) I thought I had lost to Warriors since I'm behind them in the overall rankings :confused:

That gives me another out if I lose :) I thought I had lost to Warriors since I'm behind them in the overall rankings :confused:

You have the head to head over Warfield, but not sure how it works if there are a few 8-5 teams.

Fair play Benimar for having a go trying to make sense of it.

Ugh, trying to pick 3 from 5 from my crappy WR unit. Might have to gamble on one of them.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Currently number 2 seed, but I still don't think I'm safe at 8-4. Since your true and all, maybe you might forget to set your team properly ;):p

Good win for you this week - I put up decent numbers but your team had a great week - looks like we are both through to the playoffs

Good win for you this week - I put up decent numbers but your team had a great week - looks like we are both through to the playoffs

Cheers mate, was probably my best week of FF ever in a 16 man league. Luckily my team was able to put up those numbers as 125 is damn good scoring and will win you most games.

When I seen Alshon Jeffery had put up 38 points late in the third quarter, I thought that was going to be it. But Josh Gordan ended up saving me.

Cheers mate, was probably my best week of FF ever in a 16 man league. Luckily my team was able to put up those numbers as 125 is damn good scoring and will win you most games.

When I seen Alshon Jeffery had put up 38 points late in the third quarter, I thought that was going to be it. But Josh Gordan ended up saving me.
    Looks like ye guys will be 1 and 2 seeds. I think the 9-5 teams tiebreaker is been decided on points looking at how the play-off spots were set after last weeks update. Looks like I'll be 3rd seed once tonight's game is in the books!

So its myself against TaosHum in the final - hopefully for me we don't get a repeat of our week 13 match up where I put up 125 points and still lost by 30+

In my past two games, my team has put 156 and 143 (thanks to Gordan and Charles). So I'm expecting to flop in the final with something like 60 points!

So its myself against TaosHum in the final - hopefully for me we don't get a repeat of our week 13 match up where I put up 125 points and still lost by 30+

Congrats on the win mate!

• Advertisement

Congrats on the win mate!

Cheers. Very happy with my season, spent most of it without my 2nd and 3rd round picks (Rodgers and Gronk) but luckily I worked the wire well and made things work.

In the end, only really my two redskins garçon and Morris left from my draft

Congrats to Bluered. Well done.

Personally, not a good end to the season form me. Was in a playoff position going into the last week, but lost my last 3 to finish a very disappointing 10th,

My WRs killed me all season, leaving me far too reliant on Forte, Moreno and Ridley

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

What's happening with Division 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

HigginsJ wrote: »
    What's happening with Division 3

Talk to niall1811, he is the GM and supposed to sort out invites for the new teams

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

Been hectic with work ill get the invites out this week, still plenty of time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

niall1811 wrote: »
    Been hectic with work ill get the invites out this week, still plenty of time :D

I think you'll need to kick me out too.... was too late replying so I'm in div7 now

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

Alright i went through Spongeys list and kicked all who shouldn't be there and PM'd the new players for their emails to invite them in. If you should be in the division and haven't heard from me let me know!

Hi,

I am in Division 3 but havent heard anything

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

I heard nothing either, but as I'm not changing leagues I presumed that was the reason. I seem to be in it this year (Pitches Be Crazy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

niall1811 wrote: »
    Alright i went through Spongeys list and kicked all who shouldn't be there and PM'd the new players for their emails to invite them in. If you should be in the division and haven't heard from me let me know!

Never got any invitation Niall1811

Advertisement