Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 2 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Here's my draft review. 5-8 projected
    WITH SOME REACHES EARLY, ROMASUCK RAIDERS AIMS TO RISE UP FROM THE MIDDLE
    Draft Grade : B
    Proj Record 5-8
    Proj Finish 11
    DRAFT SUMMARY
    After picking 11th overall, RomaSuck Raiders is also projected to land in 11th place in Division 2 Boards. Let's hope that prediction serves as bulletin board material. With four running backs on the roster, they might have opted for quantity over quality at that spot. Their ball-carriers are projected to average 92.81 points this season, less than the league average of 127.22. Not surprisingly, RomaSuck Raiders landed a tandem of running backs with the most room for improvement.

Dak Prescott may have been a steal in the 10th round, with an overall pick of 150th compared to an ADP of 134.0).
    Other NFL.com drafters felt that choosing Tevin Coleman in the 5th round was somewhat of a stretch (75th overall pick versus an ADP of 98.9).
    RomaSuck Raiders had a strong finish, accumulating the most projected points in the league over the second half of the draft.

YOUR CHANCES TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS 21.8%
    YOUR CHANCES TO MAKE THE CHAMPIONSHIP 6.6%
    YOUR CHANCES TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP 3.6%

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

I was pretty happy with how the Draft went considering I was 14th pick - looking forward to a better year than last. Good luck to all.
    HOUSTON CATTLEMEN DRAFTS RECEIVING TALENT
    • Draft Grade A
    • Proj Record 7-5-1
    • Proj Finish 6
    DRAFT SUMMARY
    Picking 14th overall in the opening round, Houston Cattlemen had a decent showing and put together a team that will possibly lead to a postseason berth. They aimed for a roster with balance at key positions, acquiring a quarterback, two running backs, and two wide receivers within the first five rounds. By the time the draft was completed, Houston Cattlemen ended up with the top quartet of wide receivers in the league.
    • Houston Cattlemen might be interested in shopping a WR to upgrade in other areas. Their fourth-ranked WR, Ted Ginn, is projected to be better than the league average at his position.
    • Other NFL.com drafters felt that choosing Dion Lewis in the 4th round was somewhat of a stretch (51st overall pick versus an ADP of 94.7).
    • Michael Thomas figures to get the ball early and often, projected to finish second in the league with 104 touches.

YOUR CHANCES TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS 45.1%
    YOUR CHANCES TO MAKE THE CHAMPIONSHIP 12.3%
    YOUR CHANCES TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP 6.1%

• Registered Users Posts: 39,645 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

BUILT AROUND AN OUTSTANDING BUNCH OF WIDEOUTS, CORKEAGLES FIGURES TO BATTLE FOR THE LEAGUE'S TOP SPOT

Draft Grade A+
    Proj Record 9-4
    Proj Finish T-4

DRAFT SUMMARY

Although they selected last overall, CorkEagles came through with a stellar draft-day showing. They opted for balance early, adding a quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and tight end within their first five picks. By the time the draft was completed, CorkEagles ended up with one of the top foursomes of wide receivers in the league.

I'm worried about how positive they are about my draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

BUILT ON A GOOD SET OF RBS, INFACTEH INDIANS AIMS TO OUTPERFORM A CROWDED FIELD
    Draft Grade Proj Record Proj Finish
    B 6-6-1 T9

DRAFT SUMMARY
    After picking 10th overall, Infacteh Indians is projected to land in ninth place in Division 2 Boards. Let's hope that prediction serves as bulletin board material. They snagged ball-carriers early and often, adding running backs with each of their first three picks. Corresponding with that strategy, Infacteh Indians landed the highest-scoring foursome of running backs in the league.

RB's all the way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Anyone interested in the Panthers D?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

Off to a good start with an easy win against a team starting a suspended qb...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Off to a good start with an easy win against a team starting a suspended qb...

Guilty as charged

Tristram wrote: »
    Guilty as charged

Tsk Tsk, I think a fair punishment would be for you to have to keep 2 kickers on your roster for the rest of the season :pac: :pac:

Left nearly 30 pts on the bench so the Cattlemen front office were very relived to hang on 108.94 - 101.32

The moral of the first week is not to bank on the projected score. Players didn't perform and I lost by 30 odd points.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Not overly thrilled with having auto-drafted Bell at this stage...

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Not overly thrilled with having auto-drafted Bell at this stage...

I was happy enough to pick up James Conner on the waiver though:D

Houston Cattlemen, The Wrath of Saquon, and two others all won this week, even though none of them had a top-15 scoring QB.

SuperTroopersFC was projected to win by the widest margin in the league this week (24.70 points) and they topped it with a 67.76-point victory.

First-round draft picks averaged 14.22 points this week, while second-round players averaged 10.43 and third-rounders 9.54.

SuperTroopersFC scored 126.26 points, the highest mark in the league this week.
    The average projected score across the league was 82.47 points per team this week.

Not off to a bad start this week either thanks to AJ Green :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Not off to a bad start this week either thanks to AJ Green :D
    My god that was some fisting!
    Combine Diggs, Green and Gordon vs a team that struggled and you beat my by more than double my total!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

And for the third consecutive year I'm off to an 0-2 start and have issues with my top 2 picks (Odell and McCoy).

None of my players have scored a TD yet!!!

Playoff hopes could be over if I lose next week (due to divisional tiebreakers).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Week 3 and I score my first TD of the season :)

Thank you Gio Bernard!

Holy god, should have eeked this one out, pending any huge stat corrections. AJ Green and Evan Engram both took a knock and left the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Had Fitzmagic lined up to win one league matchup for me which came through, sadly he was also lined up to defeat me in my other league matchup....

0-3 and 16th of 16 teams. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    0-3 and 16th of 16 teams. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

You need to change your username to 'Itsnotsoeasy'

Right bar nelly of the eagles who I've dropped and bar my two QBs most players are up for a trade. I'm 0-4 and I'm open to any good trades because I'm clearly not making the playoffs but **** it if I'm getting relagated from division 2.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Right bar nelly of the eagles who I've dropped and bar my two QBs most players are up for a trade. I'm 0-4 and I'm open to any good trades because I'm clearly not making the playoffs but **** it if I'm getting relagated from division 2.

1-3 :cool:

I'm backing on a few dropouts above me again!

Eric Ebron is some man to pick up Garbage Fantasy numbers!

Jesus.... I started Bortles vs the Chiefs D over Luck vs the Pats D who RomaSucks were starting.

Luck got 24.6 points on thursday, Blake has 2 picks and a fumble in the first half for 1.74 points. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Jesus.... I started Bortles vs the Chiefs D over Luck vs the Pats D who RomaSucks were starting.

Luck got 24.6 points on thursday, Blake has 2 picks and a fumble in the first half for 1.74 points. :(

To be fair I think it was the right call, the Chiefs D has been bad, it just hasn’t worked out so far. But Crowell is doing a fair job of carrying you. I’m RomaSuck, looks like our game is going to be close...

Yeah, that was my thinking. Chiefs D has given up a 250, 300, and 2 lots of 425+, 9 passing TDs and just the 2 picks so far
    There was also the fact that if Luck had a shocker then the Pats DST would presumably have had a good outing so I'd be doubly hit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Something gone wrong with the Division fellas?

Looks like the week 5 results have been finalised early and a few games recorded as ties even though they're not. Commissioner has some explaining to do :pac:

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Looks like the week 5 results have been finalised early and a few games recorded as ties even though they're not. Commissioner has some explaining to do :pac:

It's not just me then which is good to hear(well not good but you know what I mean) it's very strange though and as you say it's tying games when there is one game left in the week.

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »

I heard in the Commish Whatsapp group that there was a system problem which they were trying to fix, which was pushing everyone into week 6. Seems to be sorted now :cool:

Advertisement