Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 2 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Benimar wrote: »
    Started 0-2 after being relegated last season :(

I got a total of 7.7 points from my RBs and 2 of my receivers. To the waiver wire I go! Open to trades too.

What's your team? Just to see for trades etc... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

aferru wrote: »
    What's your team? Just to see for trades etc... cheers

Sorry, only seeing this now. I’m Walnut Wanderers, and about to be 0-3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Join the club :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm not trying to jinx myself but I'm gobsmacked that I'm 3-0. My team is Corkeagles and I was relegated from division 1 last year so I wasn't expecting to be 3-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Hey Benimar, looking at your squad, I'm a bit surprised you're off to an 0-3 start. You have two pretty good QBs (1 stud in Ryan) and look to have invested heavily in the WR corps (but not had much return as yet). You also have a premier TE (whether or not this is the season he decides not to be!) K is fine as Washington will score.

So the way I would see it:
    Option 1: I would consider trading or offering as part of a trade either of the QBs, leaving you a single quality starter and grabbing a streaming QB from the waiver pool. Dangle Matt Ryan out there and see if you can get a serviceable back in return.

Option 2: I see you have Doug Martin waiting in the wings - he may be worth a roster spot as you await to see which version Doug Martin he will be, 2015 or 2016? He might be more valuable as trade bait though, he is a possible quality starter, perhaps someone would take a flier on him and again trade a serviceable back with some definite scoring potential, or package one of your top tier WR and Martin for a sure fire starter.

Option 3: I still like all of your WR options, to me, you look to have 3 quality ones, that have not yet hit their stride. Pryor was brought in to be "the man" in Washington. Kearse looks like he is the Jets top targetman, Jeffrey is off to a nice start with the Eagles, and you would assume Dorsett will get better as he builds rapport with Brady as the season goes on. Stills is boom or bust (I had him last year and the amount of zero point games he got me makes him unstartable unless in a bind!) You could package one of these with Witten and get a starting RB imo.

Just as a bye the bye, I had great success in years past, eeking out what I could by streaming K, QB and DEF from week to week depending on who they were playing. I think if you took a look at that strategy you might do a lot better than hanging on to Baltimore or Hopkins. The year I streamed QB's I got the equivalent of Tom Brady's production from 5/6 different Ryan Fitzpatrick-level QBs!

Unfortunately my own team is a little light in the RB position also! So I can't offer a trade that I think you would find benficial. Personally, I expect your WR will start picking up the pace after a pretty slow start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hey Benimar, looking at your squad, I'm a bit surprised you're off to an 0-3 start. You have two pretty good QBs (1 stud in Ryan) and look to have invested heavily in the WR corps (but not had much return as yet). You also have a premier TE (whether or not this is the season he decides not to be!) K is fine as Washington will score.

So the way I would see it:
    Option 1: I would consider trading or offering as part of a trade either of the QBs, leaving you a single quality starter and grabbing a streaming QB from the waiver pool. Dangle Matt Ryan out there and see if you can get a serviceable back in return.

Option 2: I see you have Doug Martin waiting in the wings - he may be worth a roster spot as you await to see which version Doug Martin he will be, 2015 or 2016? He might be more valuable as trade bait though, he is a possible quality starter, perhaps someone would take a flier on him and again trade a serviceable back with some definite scoring potential, or package one of your top tier WR and Martin for a sure fire starter.

Option 3: I still like all of your WR options, to me, you look to have 3 quality ones, that have not yet hit their stride. Pryor was brought in to be "the man" in Washington. Kearse looks like he is the Jets top targetman, Jeffrey is off to a nice start with the Eagles, and you would assume Dorsett will get better as he builds rapport with Brady as the season goes on. Stills is boom or bust (I had him last year and the amount of zero point games he got me makes him unstartable unless in a bind!) You could package one of these with Witten and get a starting RB imo.

Just as a bye the bye, I had great success in years past, eeking out what I could by streaming K, QB and DEF from week to week depending on who they were playing. I think if you took a look at that strategy you might do a lot better than hanging on to Baltimore or Hopkins. The year I streamed QB's I got the equivalent of Tom Brady's production from 5/6 different Ryan Fitzpatrick-level QBs!

Unfortunately my own team is a little light in the RB position also! So I can't offer a trade that I think you would find benficial. Personally, I expect your WR will start picking up the pace after a pretty slow start.

Completely agree on the k and d aspect but its though to do with qb in a 16 team league, especially if any team has more than 1

Guffy wrote: »
    Completely agree on the k and d aspect but its though to do with qb in a 16 team league, especially if any team has more than 1

Yeah, definitely hard, but just trying to suggest that carrying 2 QB on the roster isn't the only way, and he has two pretty good QBs. The best time to do the trade is early in the year really, especially if 0-3.

I was actually amazed at the amount of points streaming crappy QBs got me. Eventually I started keeping track of it and could clearly see it (is possible to)amount to elite level play if you pick and choose based off match ups....funny, one of the years I won I had Tim Tebow as my QB for about 4 games and all the way through the playoffs!!

Guffy wrote: »

Thanks for the feedback lads, much appreciated.

I actually agree on streaming K and DEF, but it just so happened that I liked Hopkins and Baltimore in the 3 games to date. I really fancied Baltimore up against Bortles last week, but it sort of sums up my luck or decision making! (I'm not sure which!)

I'd be willing to trade a QB or WR for a starting RB if an offer was made, but I can't see anyone who is in dire need of a QB.

The 2 QB approach was for trade bait purposes as there weren't many good position players available at that stage of the draft and I was hoping that someone might need a starting QB due to injury/bad play. It doesn't seem to have happened though.

Kearse, Witten and Parker with a combined -0.4 points :(

Really starting to fear back to back relegations now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Oh yeah. No prizes for guessing what idiot dropped the Jags D an hour before kickoff.

• Advertisement

First win of the season thanks to Wentz, Martin and the Chiefs Kicker.

WR still a bit of a mess, but it's nice to be off the mark...eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Has been a poor start to the season but I'm feeling oddly optimistic.

Improved to 2-4 thanks the the inspired (lucky!) pick up of the Saints D :)

WR still a dumpster fire for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

1-4 about to go 1-5 - my opposing average through 6 weeks is nearly 97 pts!

#RatherBeLuckyThanGood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

8 teams on 3-3. Its a very competitive league this year.

Nice to get the win by 0.14 points this week :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

About to break my losing streak and go 1-7

Terrible year.

A fair few cases of people starting ppl on IR or on bye week which is disappointing

BKWDR wrote: »

A fair few cases of people starting ppl on IR or on bye week which is disappointing

Can only find 2 instances in the whole league!

Shoutout to whoever owns Cork Eagles for Leaving 33.00pt Amari Cooper on the bench and losing to me by less than 2 points! In fairness no-one would have started him against the Chiefs - what a game that was btw.

#RatherBeLuckyThanGood

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Can only find 2 instances in the whole league!

Shoutout to whoever owns Cork Eagles for Leaving 33.00pt Amari Cooper on the bench and losing to me by less than 2 points! In fairness no-one would have started him against the Chiefs - what a game that was btw.

#RatherBeLuckyThanGood

That would be me. I lost Aaron Rodgers last and left Amari Cooper on the bench and 33 points and yet still only barely lost.

Fell to 2-5. I scored 69 points, lost by 7 and left SEVENTY points on my bench!!

Had I started Wentz over Ryan, Stills over any of my receivers (who are utter sh1te btw!) or Witten over Dickson (thanks for that NFL start em sit em article!) I would have won handily.

I'm now in serious danger of relegation.

Big win to move to 3-5 BUT I’m still in relegation trouble thanks to the two teams who didn’t bother moving out their players on a bye, allowing the 2 teams directly ahead of me to get narrow wins.

No need for it lads, it only takes a minute to fix your team. Yes I am pissed off about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

especially with the app now, all you have to do is select Optimise Team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Big win to move to 3-5 BUT I’m still in relegation trouble thanks to the two teams who didn’t bother moving out their players on a bye, allowing the 2 teams directly ahead of me to get narrow wins.

No need for it lads, it only takes a minute to fix your team. Yes I am pissed off about it.

I sent out an email to the group to remind people of bye weeks.

If you think teams are inactive you should name them so it can be checked. The rules are clear how inactives should be treated and there are no second chances and will have implications for relegation at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Played a team who started an inactive player in week 3 as well, still lost to them mind :o but odd to face inactives so early in year

Tristram wrote: »
    If you think teams are inactive you should name them so it can be checked. The rules are clear how inactives should be treated and there are no second chances and will have implications for relegation at the end of the season.

I’m willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt once, as there may have been some genuine reason, but if the same things happen again I have no problem letting the GM know who I’m talking about.

I think a player has to neglect a team for multiple weeks before it can be declared inactive, for the moment I think an email/message to owners is sufficient.

A player may choose to eat the loss of points at any one position for a week to avoid having to clear a roster space for a rental player to cover bye weeks. That is strategic and is part of the game also. Nothing wrong with that.

They may also have Deshaun Kiser as their QB and might choose to leave him on the bench less he score them negative points, but if that's the case, the player has bigger issues than manging his starting roster :)

Lost by 0.78 this week :(

#RatherBeLuckyThanGood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Still chasing my first W

Disaster of a season

Has there been a trade in this league yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

If anyone is in need of an RB, I'm open to a trade for a WR.
    Open to trading one of Forte, Darkwa or Murray.

Advertisement