Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 2 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I shall be in the air so let's hope the autodraft is kind.

You should still be able to set up some sort of drafting order for yourself if I remember correctly

If you are unable to attend your league's scheduled live draft, don't worry. Your team will still be drafted according to the Pre-Draft Rankings you specify or the default NFL player rankings. To customize your Pre-Draft rankings, visit the Pre-Draft Rankings tool from your My Team page prior to your league's draft.

....so try to at least get a starting lineup in some sort of order and maybe mark down any/all players you definitely don't want drafting...

also might be worth marking down K and DEF if you don't want them drafted early....Justin Tucker and Stephen Gostkowski are ranked very high this year, still plenty of good RB and WR on the board around the time they will go.

Also, you can exclude players you know to be injured or released etc before the draft....Edelman is ranked #70-odd WR for instance.

I don't see a way to ensure you don't end up with 3 QB or 2 WR - but maybe the auto draft AI is clever enough to try and pick you a normal starting lineup - maybe someone can clarify if they've used before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

The only way to be sure is to rank as many players as possible in order of preference. I did it last year for about 100 players. After that it was in the lap of the autodraft gods

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I had actually forgotten about that option. Have my main league draft this Sunday so can use that as a basis and set up a ranking.

Cheers!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I had actually forgotten about that option. Have my main league draft this Sunday so can use that as a basis and set up a ranking.

Cheers!

And based on how that went I'm beginning to think autodraft may be better at drafting than me anyway...

And based on how that went I'm beginning to think autodraft may be better at drafting than me anyway...

.....ahem... your main league draft? Surely Boards Division 2 is your primary concern for fantasy!

• Advertisement

Unlikely to be online for the draft but have edited pre-draft rankings as best I can. Hopefully it's a speedy draft!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

90 second draft time is a bit insane.....too late now to change it, but going forward 45 seconds would be better imho

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

90 second draft time is a bit insane.....too late now to change it, but going forward 45 seconds would be better imho

It is if a player wait until the last few seconds to pick, consistently. Annoying. I usually am very quick as I know who to pick, unless my choice has been picked up just before me...

aferru wrote: »
    It is if a player wait until the last few seconds to pick, consistently. Annoying. I usually am very quick as I know who to pick, unless my choice has been picked up just before me...

well anyone autodrafting will be fast. Most of the players n the league should be quite experienced at this stage - hopefully we won't get too many 90 second picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Sorry lads, looks like I'll be in the air too for the draft. Sitting on the runway atm. Apologies if it causes delay for anyone!

• Advertisement

infacteh wrote: »
    Sorry lads, looks like I'll be in the air too for the draft. Sitting on the runway atm. Apologies if it causes delay for anyone!

the less the merrier, more autopicks, quicker drafts!

That's the spirit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Draft order on auto?

Got back in time for the 7th round, but I'm a quick picker!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ended up with:

QB: Ryan & Wentz
    RB: D.Johnson, Perkins, D.Martin, Prosise
    WR: Britt, Jeffrey, Pryor, Perriman, Stills
    TE: Witten
    K: Hopkins
    DEF: Ravens

all set for the new season. I got the 14th pick and proceeded to stack up my team well enough

QB: Eli
    RB: Gurley, Powell, Breida, Connor
    WR: Dez, Marshall, D. Adams, C. Hogan (not sure why his ADP is not higher, hes the no.2 wideout in maybe the most high powered offense in the nfl), Sharpe (whos on IR:rolleyes:)
    TE: Graham
    K: Bryant
    DEF: Vikings

NFL told me that I would finish 12th but they can f**k right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

15th Pick.

QB: Taylor, Flacco
    RB: Freeman, Howard, Kelley, Williams (GB)
    WR: Landry, Decker, Sanders, Jones(Buf)
    TE: Bennett, Brate
    K: Blair Walsh
    DEF: Eagles

Happy enough overall - a little disappointed with myself WR wise (Forgot Landry was on a bye ) but its not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Dammit!
    I was doing nothing last night and missed the draft because I forgot to add a reminder to the calendar entry I created to remind myself about the draft!

QB: A.Luck, B.Bortles
    RB: D.Murray, E.Elliott, A.Kamara, S.Perine
    WR: D.Thomas, A.Robinson, D.Moncrief, N.Agholor
    TE: J.Doyle, C.Fleener
    K: J.Tucker
    DEF: Chiefs

Only got in at the start of the 7th round.

QB: Mariota

RB's Gillislee, Mixon, Jadquiz Rodgers, D'Onta Foreman

WR's Baldwin, Beasley, OBJ, Benjamin, Snead, John Brown

TE: Olsen

K: Lutz

Def: Cardinals

Personally I wouldn't have drafted Mixon in the 3rd, especially with Keenan Allen on the board, but I'm happy enough.

I got a D rating, and I'm projected to go 0-16. Of course, Nfl.com is recommending I pick up Spencer Ware on the waiver:D

Mixed feelings about my draft. Had to go too many times to pick-up players outside my comfort zone...will see!

• Advertisement

Changed my mind... I believed in Hunt with the 2nd pick and rewarded me with 40 points... Feet up on Sunday lads, giving a day off to the others players!

Nice to have 130 points and one player still to play... gonna crash this league like a grape! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Nice to have 130 points and one player still to play... gonna crash this league like a grape! :D

That's me you and Kareem Hicks is demoralizing week 1...thanks ha

Not a good start.

The bad: I lost my matchup by 0.12points :(

The very bad: The reason I lost is my opponent had the Eagles defense who benefited from the fumble return for a TD absolute horses*it call in the last minute of the Redskins game:mad:

The awful: My No 1 pick, David Johnson could be done for the season.

****, didn't see about Johnson. That would be a massive loss.

Good start.

The Good: Won my matchup by 0.12 points

The Very Good: Great Special Teams TD by Philly to put away the Washington Pro Football team.

The Awful - hell no - there is no awful!

GO CATTLEMEN! :P

Seriously though - what was wrong with the Philly TD ? Was only watching on Redzone - seemed legit to me.

Seriously though - what was wrong with the Philly TD ? Was only watching on Redzone - seemed legit to me.

Called a fumble on the field, but on replay it was a clear forward pass. Even the commentators were at a loss to explain the call.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/247681/kirk-cousins-fumble-looked-like-an-incomplete-pass

Benimar wrote: »
    Called a fumble on the field, but on replay it was a clear forward pass. Even the commentators were at a loss to explain the call.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/247681/kirk-cousins-fumble-looked-like-an-incomplete-pass

Ah hard luck - sorry about prev gloating - only a bit of craic - I always say it about FF every single year - it's better to be lucky than good. Good luck for the rest.

Nice to have 114 points at the end of week 2! Gonna burn this league to the ground!!! :D

• Advertisement

Started 0-2 after being relegated last season :(

I got a total of 7.7 points from my RBs and 2 of my receivers. To the waiver wire I go! Open to trades too.

Advertisement