Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 1 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

Anyone else get a message from eagle eye threatening being booted for "inactivity"?

I respect a league manager doing their job (I manage another league myself and participate in another 3 on top of that). But the counter of log ins doesn't work if you log in from multiple IP addresses.

Clearly hitting a first round bye and ranked #2 through the regular season doesn't happen by not logging in.

Not one week have I had a player in my starting lineup that was inactive or on a bye, and I'm not going to have someone boot me after working all season to get to this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

niall1811 wrote: »
    Anyone else get a message from eagle eye threatening being booted for "inactivity"?

I respect a league manager doing their job (I manage another league myself and participate in another 3 on top of that). But the counter of log ins doesn't work if you log in from multiple IP addresses.

Clearly hitting a first round bye and ranked #2 through the regular season doesn't happen by not logging in.

Not one week have I had a player in my starting lineup that was inactive or on a bye, and I'm not going to have someone boot me after working all season to get to this point.

For what is worth I know Niall1811 and we talk fantasy all the time. We are in another league together and we talk about the Boards leagues all the time. No way he was inactive.

That last log in crap NFL.com have is often wrong and as he said doesn't always register logins we have tested this in one of our other leagues. I use VPNs with multiple IPs and it shows my last login as October in our NFL.com league.

But we should only be threatening to boot if they are not changing their teams and have inactives every week. We shouldn't be solely depending on the last login on the website and here especially this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Hi All,

I'm in as GM this year....here's who's in! I'll send out the link individually today, some of you were in Division 2 last year, so I'll leave you in.

Div1 1 Corigeen Crusaders mattman_iflaf
    Div1 2 Spawn of Spongey Spongey1975
    Div1 3 4thandforever adrian522
    Div1 4 Dundalk Oriels Raoul
    Div1 5 Swords Sharks jester1980
    Div1 6 Sin City Slobberknockers Coeus
    Div1 7 Muppeteers Icepickle
    Div1 8 Witty Tanks Hairy Nipples 87
    Div1 9 Porto Jags kev_s88
    Div1 10 For Whom Odell Tolls wawaman
    Div1 11 Blacque Power Johnny_Fontane
    Div1 12 Kilkenny Patriots me89
    Div1 13 Chimi Changas Davey Devil
    Div1 14 Barney's Dinosoars Barney92
    Div1 15 Blu York Giants Blured
    Div1 16 Foxboro Legends eagle eye

minor change of plan, in that Eagle Eye will make me GM of current Division 1.

Again though, I'll invite you into it if needed.

Ok, everyone in, bar 4 players.

Spawn of Spongey
    Dundalk Oriels
    Kilkenny Patriots
    Chimi Changas

Good work all.

I'm away for a week or so, but we will organise a draft day soonest. Can I ask everyone to make sure that the email linked to their NFL account works, as most messages will be put through the site. I'll post the odd message here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Thanks for taking on the roll Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ok, everyone in, bar 4 players.

Spawn of Spongey
    Dundalk Oriels
    Kilkenny Patriots
    Chimi Changas

Good work all.

I'm away for a week or so, but we will organise a draft day soonest. Can I ask everyone to make sure that the email linked to their NFL account works, as most messages will be put through the site. I'll post the odd message here.
    Pretty sure I pm'd you back. I'm in anyway!

Ok lads, poll for Draft is up. I sent you an email through nfl.com

https://doodle.com/poll/mtgexicywqrqttb6

Good range of times there for people to choose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just realised I'm away with work that week so probably missing the draft. Looking forward to a team of kickers and defenses.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Just realised I'm away with work that week so probably missing the draft. Looking forward to a team of kickers and defenses.

Same here. No point filling in the poll but I will try my best to make it to whatever time it is at.

• Advertisement

Lads,

I'll close the poll at 8pm tonight.

Thanks.

Draft set for 9pm on Tuesday 4th September.

https://doodle.com/poll/mtgexicywqrqttb6

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Thanks Johnny. Need to make sure the league settings are updated for the flex before the draft

Settings all updated (for Flex) and randomly drew draft order (Swords Sharks was emailed results) - using draftordergenerator.com.

Remarkably I got 16 and he got 15! I'll update its on NFL now.

draft_order.jpg

The match ups will be set later this week

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

thanks for organizing, I can confirm the draft order above is accurate.

Hope the other leagues know draft order needs to be done before draft.

Delighted we have flex this year though

• Registered Users Posts: 37,495 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ha, we'll see how much you like flex in a 16 team league at the end of the season.

Draft on at 9pm tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

Any Room left in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Draft order doesnt look right

Blured wrote: »
    Draft order doesnt look right

not sure what happened but I definitely set the draft order last week. It obviously randomized before the draft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Yep i was 8th in the prior generated order and the system randomised me to........8th:eek:

Schedule updated, so we should have 6 divisional games each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

I missed the first 6 rounds of the draft :( also pre-draft order had me picking 2nd, ended up picking 9th.

Gonna be a long season.... :(

same thing happened in the premier league above us. Its an nfl.com problem, their servers crashed on sunday, apparently people couldnt even draft then. Think thats why the draft order settings disappeared.

same thing happened in the premier league above us. Its an nfl.com problem, their servers crashed on sunday, apparently people couldnt even draft then. Think thats why the draft order settings disappeared.

At least we got drafting at all then.

Are people happy with their drafts? I'm delighted with my receivers but my RBs are awful. Grabbed a few absolute punts

Yeah I'm happy, I have three starting RB's and a backup who might be a starter of at least has a very good timeshare.

My receivers are a bit of a concern as Alshon Jeffrey will miss the first two weeks and Edelman the first four but once those are back I'm expecting big things. I took a chance at TE because I feel that Charles Clay is going to have his best year due to the poor level of QB with the Bills, I can see a lot of short passes to big targets.

I have Wentz at QB who will miss a game or two also but I've got Goff too so I'm in good shape.

DST is very good with both the Jags and Patriots.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Happy with my draft though it could all go to Sh!t very quickly. I was drafting from the pub so all things considered it went ok. I had the 3rd overall pcik

RB David Johnson/Alfred Morris/Jeremy Hill/Latavius Murray - Feeling a little exposed here, relying on Johnson to put up some points this year or I'll be in trouble.
    WR - Emanual Sanders/Stefon Diggs/Danny Amendola/Josh Doctson/John Ross/Sammy Watkins - Happy with this group, some solid starters (I hope) and some potential breakout candidates.
    QB - Cam, probably went for QB too early and with no backup I figure I'll be scouring the waiver wire once is inevitable injury hits.
    TE - Kelce - Good TE, but with no backup I'll be hoping he stays healthy.
    Def Saints - Happy enough with this.
    K - Vinateri - Whatever.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah I'm happy, I have three starting RB's and a backup who might be a starter of at least has a very good timeshare.

My receivers are a bit of a concern as Alshon Jeffrey will miss the first two weeks and Edelman the first four but once those are back I'm expecting big things. I took a chance at TE because I feel that Charles Clay is going to have his best year due to the poor level of QB with the Bills, I can see a lot of short passes to big targets.

I have Wentz at QB who will miss a game or two also but I've got Goff too so I'm in good shape.

DST is very good with both the Jags and Patriots.
    From your summary it could be a tough start for you ha.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Happy with my draft though it could all go to Sh!t very quickly. I was drafting from the pub so all things considered it went ok. I had the 3rd overall pcik

RB David Johnson/Alfred Morris/Jeremy Hill/Latavius Murray - Feeling a little exposed here, relying on Johnson to put up some points this year or I'll be in trouble.
    WR - Emanual Sanders/Stefon Diggs/Danny Amendola/Josh Doctson/John Ross/Sammy Watkins - Happy with this group, some solid starters (I hope) and some potential breakout candidates.
    QB - Cam, probably went for QB too early and with no backup I figure I'll be scouring the waiver wire once is inevitable injury hits.
    TE - Kelce - Good TE, but with no backup I'll be hoping he stays healthy.
    Def Saints - Happy enough with this.
    K - Vinateri - Whatever.

You're feeling exposed here? I have Dion Lewis and Frank Gore starting. Then I am taking punts on a few RBs that might carve out a role in Doug Martin, Gillislee, Ronald Jones (desperate!) and Sony Michel.

I am pretty stacked at WR though with OBJ, Landry and Keenan Allen.

Delighted to get Jordan Reed so late in the draft. He is an injury risk but he will no doubt get big numbers when he does play.

Mahomes as QB, not sure about him. Could put up big numbers in an Andy Reid offense.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote:
    From your summary it could be a tough start for you ha.

Yeah, first two weeks will be tough as I only have one WR but then I get Jeffrey back which is good and then things get really good two weeks later when I get Edelman.

Advertisement