Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 6 Nations & World Cup 2012

Options
1737475767779»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 easyeas

Did most of the under 20 players all get academy contracts or what happened to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

The vast majority did. Only about 3 or 4 didn't get a contract somewhere. About a dozen of them already had contracts last year so are entering their second year in the academy. Paddy Jackson, JJ Hanrahan and Iain Henderson are in the senior squads at Ulster and Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

easyeas wrote: »
    Did most of the under 20 players all get academy contracts or what happened to them?
    5 or 6 are not on any contract. most are still in academy in their province
    some have got full or development contracts
    those not on any contract will be playing AIL

Any major surprises who were left without a contract? Also is it true that Sherlock quit the academy and is now just playing for skerries?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Any major surprises who were left without a contract? Also is it true that Sherlock quit the academy and is now just playing for skerries?

I thought he went to England?

• Advertisement

There was a lot or rumours that Sherlock wasn't happy and was going to pack it in but his profile has been updated on LR site for the new season so appears he's still with Leinster for the moment.

Nothing too surprising in relation to those that didn't get contracts. Des Merry, Jake Cawley and Barry Daly are the ones that I know of who didn't get a contract to my knowledge. Daly was unlucky and, as he's still only 19, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a contract somewhere else within a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

GerM wrote: »
    There was a lot or rumours that Sherlock wasn't happy and was going to pack it in but his profile has been updated on LR site for the new season so appears he's still with Leinster for the moment.

It has? It's still the same picture from last year. I suppose it being up there suggests he might stay, but the fact that it's the only photo not updated could suggest the opposite.

From what I have heard sherlock has left. Did merry and daly not start all the world cup games? Thought they did very well? Not surprised with Cawley as he only came on for 5 mins each game

Hagz wrote: »
    It has? It's still the same picture from last year. I suppose it being up there suggests he might stay, but the fact that it's the only photo not updated could suggest the opposite.

You're right, actually. I thought it was a new photo but the two stars on the jersey suggests otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

GerM wrote: »
    You're right, actually. I thought it was a new photo but the two stars on the jersey suggests otherwise.

Marshall still only has 2 as well.

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    Marshall still only has 2 as well.

Yup. But he got a new headshot taken.
    INPHO_00619838.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

From what I have heard sherlock has left. Did merry and daly not start all the world cup games? Thought they did very well? Not surprised with Cawley as he only came on for 5 mins each game

will be interested to see if Sherlock has quit, the leinster website is updated and it still lists him, maybe he wanted to play AIL with Skerries now that they've got promoted back to 2b.
    Des Merry was unlucky in that there are plenty of props in the academy in Furlong, O'Conell, Tracey, Moore, Byrne. Merry played in Clontarf's first friendly of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Hagz wrote: »
    Yup. But he got a new headshot taken.
    INPHO_00619838.jpg

Where did you get that? It's not on the Leinster site.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Where did you get that? It's not on the Leinster site.

INPHO.ie

Inpho and Sportsfile are good websites to get pics of recent games and they do the headshots for the new season. It looks like Leinster went with Sportsfile's photos, and Marshall isn't in those ones.

Advertisement