Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 6 Nations & World Cup 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

That could have been us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    That could have been us :(

We lost to England, we were in control of our own destiny.

Just because Team A beats Team B and Team B beats Team C, it doesn't mean Team A would beat Team C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Impressive speech from losing captain. Shows a lot of class.

Impressive speech from losing captain. Shows a lot of class.
    South African captain starts with a short speech about all the glory being to God the father... :rolleyes:

We lost to England, we were in control of our own destiny.

Just because Team A beats Team B and Team B beats Team C, it doesn't mean Team A would beat Team C.

hence it "could" have been us Alan!!

• Advertisement

NZ gave away 14 penalties, no yellow card.

South African captain starts with a short speech about all the glory being to God the father... :rolleyes:

You'll notice Ruan Pienaar does the very same, don't see what the problem is!

hence it "could" have been us Alan!!

maybe, but that NZ team was very good.

Home crowd played a big factor in this game.

You'll notice Ruan Pienaar does the very same, don't see what the problem is!
    If I want to hear about Allah or Thor or the Great Beast Who Dwells in the Forest, I'll tune into some religious event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

maybe, but that NZ team was very good.

Home crowd played a big factor in this game.

Cape Town - it's questionable which side was better supported! A lot of the locals are staunch AB supporters.

• Advertisement

Serfontein IRB Junior Player of the Year - by one vote - don't know who was second...

If I want to hear about Allah or Thor or the Great Beast Who Dwells in the Forest, I'll tune into some religious event.

The bloke has earned the right to thank who he likes imo. SA Afrikaans kids are generally raised in the church so no surprise. Quite different to the Irish experience.

mikeruurds wrote: »
    The bloke has earned the right to thank who he likes imo. SA Afrikaans kids are generally raised in the church so no surprise. Quite different to the Irish experience.
    Sure he has the right, and I have the right to complain about it.

Absolutely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

After Hours is that way --->

Serfontaine gets player of the year. Hard luck JJ Hanrahan but I think it's the right decision.

Handre Pollard is looking a fine prospect for future bok scrummie. So much talent and class at 18.

Serfontein could be our answer at inside centre in a couple years. So glad Meisiekind is heading to Japan.

The wings are also sharp. The future looks bright.

GerM wrote: »
    Serfontaine gets player of the year. Hard luck JJ Hanrahan but I think it's the right decision.

JJ has some future ahead of him. Looking forward to him featuring for Ireland.

I honestly think South Africa will be back to their best when Morne is dropped for the senior side.

After Hours is that way --->
    Cheers - why don't you start a thread on the U19 rugby world championship there and I'll post about it in that.

• Advertisement

So glad Meisiekind is heading to Japan.
    What's that about Mike?

JJ has some future ahead of him. Looking forward to him featuring for Ireland.

So am I. If he knuckles down now and works hard, Ireland might take a leap of faith and select him for Japan 2019.

I honestly think South Africa will be back to their best when Morne is dropped for the senior side.

Goosen will have a run when he returns from injury and that will hopefully herald Morne's exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Serfontein IRB Junior Player of the Year - by one vote - don't know who was second...

JJ losing out is probably for the best. Winning the award would only put untold and unfair hype on his shoulders.

Still though, is he our first player to ever be nominated for the award? As creator and conductor of the Hanrahan hype train, I fully endorse this development. :D

What's that about Mike?

'Meisiekind' is Afrikaans for 'little girl' and it's the nickname lovingly given to Wynand Olivier (thanks to his lovely locks) who plays for the Bulls and is being gifted his 37th cap tomorrow at inside centre in the Boks team.

The sooner he leaves the better. All backline creativity goes down the toilet whenever he plays. Yet he still gets picked.

Guys like Jan Serfontein and Small-smith as well as Rhule and Mbovane on the wings give me some faith in the future Bok teams playing with some creativity.

Cheers - why don't you start a thread on the U19 rugby world championship there and I'll post about it in that.

Why would I? There's a rugby forum that I use to discuss rugby. If you want to discuss/complain about religion then use the forum that people use to do that.

Anyway, congrats to the Baby Boks. Perhaps not at their best when we beat them but I think that we could have had a serious shot at this if we had our best side out. Leyden and Jackson in the backs would have given us a back line. If we could have had Hanrahan at 12 we could have really utilised the ball our pack supplied. As it was, our back line was very one dimensional and the midfield looked limited. Gilsenan going off injured was a massive blow also. We don't have the depth to keep the challenge going minus those lads.

I assume that finishing 5th means we are now second seeds for the next tournament? Also, with Wales finishing third, there is potentially a handy group in the offing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Thought that game was really enjoyable, congrats to the Boks. Shows also what a good group of players we had this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Is it too simplistic to say that we'll have a good group next year because our U-18's did well this year? Hope so anyway, not many left next year from this group

Why would I? There's a rugby forum that I use to discuss rugby. If you want to discuss/complain about religion then use the forum that people use to do that.
    I'm talking about something that just happened at the junior rugby world cup final that many here were watching. I'll thank you for not telling me what I can and can't talk about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Tox56 wrote: »
    Is it too simplistic to say that we'll have a good group next year because our U-18's did well this year? Hope so anyway, not many left next year from this group

The U18s done well last year too if I remember correctly. That was the team that featured Farrell and McGrath.

Advertisement