Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 6 Nations & World Cup 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,790 ✭✭✭✭bilston

jacothelad wrote: »
    At least a season? Why? If you're good enough, you're old enough especially when you are the size of him. He's feckin' huge and quick and can actually pass, catch and run without falling over his own boots. I've seen as much promise from him in his own position as I've seen from the likes of POM, Murray, EOM etc. It is only promise of course.

I think he would be better off as a 4 or 5

Sometimes you've just got to let a young guy play. Check out the starting teams of N.Z., Oz, Wales and S.A. and you often find teenagers or 20 year olds there. FFS we still talk about players having potential when they are 25 /26 / 27. It's ballix. The quickest way to learn to play at the top level is - play at the top level. That clip shows him running past, around or through Zebo, Jones and Murray. What is the thing that links those three? Murray got rocketed into the Irish side on 6 Rabo games and 2 Amlin games and in none of them was he more than decent. Zebo is a cracking player, again fired into the Irish team and Jones also.

It will quickly become quite evident if Henderson has the beans or not at the higher levels. He has the skill and isn't afraid to put himself about. I'd rather find out quickly if our young guns have what it takes than leave them mouldering till all the spark has been bored out of them.

When Muller goes, Ulster could have a great second row in him and Tuohy with Stevenson adding the brute force and maybe Caldwell would come back. Stevenson isn't bad - not great - but not bad. Leaves nothing on the pitch.

In terms of second rows, Leinster or Connacht should check out James Sandford at L.I. he is a talent but allegedly loves himself. Schmidt or Elwood would knock him in to shape.

Edit: That clip reminds me how much we will actually miss iHumph.

Anscombe has already spoken about developing the young guys next season. With Tuohy likely to miss most of September Henderson should at least be on the bench and if he gets himself into the side he may well turn out hard to shift, but the proof will be in the pudding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Is TG4 going to put this game up on the site to watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭cp

I see JJ Hanrahan's been nominated for junior player of the year! Fantastic achievement by him. He's up against two South Africans in the (public) vote...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

cp wrote: »
    I see JJ Hanrahan's been nominated for junior player of the year! Fantastic achievement by him. He's up against two South Africans in the (public) vote...

Excellent stuff. Congrats to him. Will be a big boost to his confidence which is no bad thing for a young bloke. Hopefully he goes from here and makes some senior appearances next season.

• Advertisement

He's currently ahead by 125 votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

The public vote doesn't determine the winner. It's taken into account but isn't the sole method of selection. A panel is also involved which is only right. Public votes massively devalue awards.

GerM wrote: »
    The public vote doesn't determine the winner. It's taken into account but isn't the sole method of selection. A panel is also involved which is only right. Public votes massively devalue awards.

Very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

The SA commentators have been jizzing themselves anytime he has gotten near the ball. It would serve to raise his profile and influence opinions. He has a great shot of getting the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Here's the montage video of the nominees:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭ed7890

Yer man Adendorff looks about 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

ed7890 wrote: »
    Yer man Adendorff looks about 30
    Suspiciously, I believe he's also nominated for the Boks' lifetime achievement award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Great news for Hanrahan, dont know how Henderson got overlooked though. Here's the link for TG4s highlights of the game against South Africa, watch how he manhandles Adendorff at just after the 33 minute mark(of the video not the game). One of my favourite moments of the JWC.
    http://www.tg4.ie/ie/tg4-player/tg4-player.html?id=1673151590001&title=U-20%20World%20Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Blackheath

Yeah I would have though Henderson would be nominated, maybe they wanted a Boks winner and they were afraid to nominate Henderson in case he would win.

Hanrahan gets my vote now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Wow JJ has almost four times as many votes as Jan Serfontein.
    Any one know when the voting ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,790 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Blackheath wrote: »
    Yeah I would have though Henderson would be nominated, maybe they wanted a Boks winner and they were afraid to nominate Henderson in case he would win.

Hanrahan gets my vote now

Hanrahan has had the headline moments, particularly against SA, and that will have caught people's attention. Actually if you analysed him closely you'd realise he's made his fair share of mistakes as well (kicked straight into touch a fair bit), but he has a real presence in the midfield. I'm a fan and think he has a big future ahead of him and since he's Irish he's got my vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Any of today's games on TV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Any of today's games on TV ?

TG4 have shown all of Ireland's games up to now but they don't seem to be showing today's one. Not on their website listing anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

No games on today, all on tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

conf101 wrote: »
    TG4 have shown all of Ireland's games up to now but they don't seem to be showing today's one. Not on their website listing anyway

Might have to do with the match being played tomorrow :pac: coverage on TG4 starts at 13.05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Crocked wrote: »
    Might have to do with the match being played tomorrow :pac: coverage on TG4 starts at 13.05

I am now feeling a bit sick. Somehow thought today was Friday:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Crocked wrote: »

Oops, my bad :o

This also means that I'm a day further away from the weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭jacothelad

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    I am now feeling a bit sick. Somehow thought today was Friday:(

Don't feel too bad. It is....somewhere. American Samoa for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

It looks like the move to Newlands Stadium has paid off in the end.
    ‎30,000 Tickets have already been sold for the IRB Junior World Championship finals tomorrow at Newlands, setting a new age grade attendance record!

IRB Junior World Rugby

Should make for a good atmosphere for the games tomorrow. They must have done a serious ammount of marketing for these in the short time from the change in stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Ireland under 20 v France tomorrow
    15. Peter Nelson (Dungannon/Ulster)
    14. Barry Daly (UCD/Leinster)
    13. Stuart Olding (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
    12. Chris Farrell (Dungannon/Ulster)
    11. Foster Horan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
    10. JJ Hanrahan (UL Bohemians/Munster)
    9. Kieran Marmion (Corinthians/Connacht)

1. Des Merrey (Clontarf/Leinster)
    2. Niall Scannell (Dolphin/Munster)
    CAPTAIN
    3. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster)
    4. Alan O'Connor (UCD/Leinster)
    5. Tadhg Beirne (Lansdowne/Leinster)
    6. Iain Henderson (Queen's University/Ulster)
    7. Jordan Coghlan (UCD/Leinster)
    8. Jack Conan (Old Belvedere/Leinster)

Replacements
    16. James Rael (Garryowen/Munster)
    17. Peter Reilly (Lansdowne/Leinster)
    18. Jake Cawley (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
    19. Shane Buckley (Garryowen/Munster)
    20. Aaron Conneely (Corinthians/Connacht)
    21. Luke McGrath (UCD/Leinster)
    22. Jack Carty (Buccaneers/Connacht)
    23. Conor Finn (Buccaneers/Connacht)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

jj is the man

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Is that 0 changes?

Hopefully they don't look too jaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DATABOY

anyone an idea wher ta watch this game online 2morrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

DATABOY wrote: »
    anyone an idea wher ta watch this game online 2morrow?

Tg4.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I hope they've 1 more big game left in the tank.

Advertisement