Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 6 Nations & World Cup 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Lol Baby Blacks destroyed Wales in the end.

Didn't a poster say they were overated a when they were 6-0 down? :P

I said they weren't particularly good by NZ standards, try just before half time changed the game.

If whoever they play in the Final gets in their faces they have a good chance.

Their 13 is very good though, has everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Seriously, you must be thinking of a different episode. He was between the tackled player (who had the ball) and the Irish support.

Yeah, I think TG4 doctor streams to make penalties look more blatent for Ireland. They add players where they shouldn't be, add movement etc :P

irishbucsfan was watching a SA stream. That clears that up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Seriously, you must be thinking of a different episode. He was between the tackled player (who had the ball) and the Irish support.

No I'm not.

Anyway it was just one example. There were others. The ref was very harsh on them. The maul that went down on the line he somehow managed to give a penalty against their supporting players for falling over a collapsing maul which is also very harsh. There were a few others that I can't recall as well.

tI came down to their terrible attitude. They acted like a bunch of children and were treated as badly as they deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

DDC1990 wrote: »
    irishbucsfan was watching a SA stream. That clears that up :P
    I was watching the Saffa one too :eek:

No I'm not.
    I don't see how we can reconcile you saying 'he was nowhere near the ball' and me and at least on other poster saying he was lying on top of the tackled player, trapping the ball, and not moving away.

Anyway, in the absence of a replay, we'll have to agree to disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Henderson's try was very encouraging. 3 second rows involved, offloading.

Coughlan has really stepped up this tournament. Perhaps his future is as a flanker and not a number8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

I think Henderson would be best served by moved down to Munster. He'll never reach his potential until he gets some scowling lessons from Ryan and POM. :cool:

I think Henderson would be best served by moved down to Munster. He'll never reach his potential until he gets some scowling lessons from Ryan and POM. :cool:
    I think he should also paint on some sort of beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Sure he'd be mad not to. Himself and Nagle would have a blast.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

If I'm not mistaken this team has done better in the JWC then any of its predecessors. The lowest place they can get now is 6th which is better then any other year. Well done lads, great game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Hagz wrote: »
    Henderson's try was very encouraging. 3 second rows involved, offloading.

Coughlan has really stepped up this tournament. Perhaps his future is as a flanker and not a number8.

2 Leinster 2nd rows, most importantly :pac:

amtw wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken this team has done better in the JWC then any of its predecessors. The lowest place they can get now is 6th which is better then any other year. Well done lads, great game.
    And with a little luck, they could have been in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Henderson's face doesn't match his style of play or size. Looks like the milky bar kid

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

All joking aside it's great to see from a Leinster point of view. Probably the one area that they haven't been churning out top quality players from the academy system in the same volume as some other positions.

Along with some of the props that seem to be coming through there are bright signs for the tight five which is great to see from an Irish perspective as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

amtw wrote: »
    Your not mistaken, its our best performance in the junior world cup since the before the change to having only an u20 tournament instead of having both u19 and u21 competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Henderson's face doesn't match his style of play or size. Looks like the milky bar kid

Milky bar kid is being nice to him Fishy :pac:

He is a beast though, our player of the tournament imo
    Hopefully he sticks to the 2nd Row though as he won't get much game time with Ferris at 6

Great performance and delighted to have beaten the English team which denied us a Grand Slam and Semi final spot in this tournament

Another great display from Marimon (think all Connacht fans excited about this as it is an area we are in desperate need of)

Roll on the French:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Its depressing to see South Africa roll to a victory here against Argentina and think what might have been if we had held our composure the first time round against England.

29-3 at the moment and they are completly dominating.

We realistically could be in the final instead of the 5th place playoff.

Still gives us an idea of how talented this team is.

Only 2 losses this year, and both to the one team England, who we really dominated today.

wprathead wrote: »
    Milky bar kid is being nice to him Fishy :pac:

He is a beast though, our player of the tournament imo
    Hopefully he sticks to the 2nd Row though as he won't get much game time with Ferris at 6

Great performance and delighted to have beaten the English team which denied us a Grand Slam and Semi final spot in this tournament

Another great display from Marimon (think all Connacht fans excited about this as it is an area we are in desperate need of)

Roll on the French:cool:

Ya I'd like to see him stay as a lock. The guy could be our Richie Grey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

I'd love to see Henderson line out against Tonga in the Autumn in what is a perfect opportunity for squad development. Then hopefully he'll have enough game time to push for a place on the North American tour next year when the Lions is on. Eben Etzebeth is now starting for SA after starring in last year's JWC, let's hope Henderson can match that.

Hype710 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Henderson line out against Tonga in the Autumn in what is a perfect opportunity for squad development. Then hopefully he'll have enough game time to push for a place on the North American tour next year when the Lions is on. Eben Etzebeth is now starting for SA after starring in last year's JWC, let's hope Henderson can match that.

Not a chance. He'll be at home playing games for Ulster first while the Internationals are away and rightly so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

Not a chance. He'll be at home playing games for Ulster first while the Internationals are away and rightly so

It's a Wolfhounds game, first and foremost. Second, I'd imagine there will be a break mid-season for three weeks of the November series as there was this season.

Hype710 wrote: »
    It's a Wolfhounds game, first and foremost. Second, I'd imagine there will be a break mid-season for three weeks of the November series as there was this season.

I know but he's still too fresh. He'll need at least a season at Ulster to develop to make the step up

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭snow mad

missed the match can i get it anywhere online at the min

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Blackheath

Can anybody see him as Ferris medium/ long term replacement at Ulster, lets face it he does miss a few games.

I know but he's still too fresh. He'll need at least a season at Ulster to develop to make the step up
    Well he doesn't look like he has to step up very far...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Do Ulster see him as a lock or a blindside? He certainly has the pace to play backrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Does anybody know anything about Gilsenan's injury? Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Bah, missed the game, for some reason I thought it was on today. Excellent game for Ireland by the sounds of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Only one of whom is in the Academy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭jacothelad

At least a season? Why? If you're good enough, you're old enough especially when you are the size of him. He's feckin' huge and quick and can actually pass, catch and run without falling over his own boots. I've seen as much promise from him in his own position as I've seen from the likes of POM, Murray, EOM etc. It is only promise of course.
    Blackheath wrote: »
    Can anybody see him as Ferris medium/ long term replacement at Ulster, lets face it he does miss a few games.
    I think he would be better off as a 4 or 5

Sometimes you've just got to let a young guy play. Check out the starting teams of N.Z., Oz, Wales and S.A. and you often find teenagers or 20 year olds there. FFS we still talk about players having potential when they are 25 /26 / 27. It's ballix. The quickest way to learn to play at the top level is - play at the top level. That clip shows him running past, around or through Zebo, Jones and Murray. What is the thing that links those three? Murray got rocketed into the Irish side on 6 Rabo games and 2 Amlin games and in none of them was he more than decent. Zebo is a cracking player, again fired into the Irish team and Jones also.

It will quickly become quite evident if Henderson has the beans or not at the higher levels. He has the skill and isn't afraid to put himself about. I'd rather find out quickly if our young guns have what it takes than leave them mouldering till all the spark has been bored out of them.

When Muller goes, Ulster could have a great second row in him and Tuohy with Stevenson adding the brute force and maybe Caldwell would come back. Stevenson isn't bad - not great - but not bad. Leaves nothing on the pitch.

In terms of second rows, Leinster or Connacht should check out James Sandford at L.I. he is a talent but allegedly loves himself. Schmidt or Elwood would knock him in to shape.

Edit: That clip reminds me how much we will actually miss iHumph.

Advertisement