Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Active Cold Front - 17th October 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

still getting quite strong gusts here

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭burger1979

Can anyone post pics please of the rain and wind that they are seeing? i am working in sandyford ind est in dublin and there is wind, dying down now and blue skies outside. i feel like i am missing out:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

delw wrote: »
    still getting quiet strong gusts here
    I quite love quiet gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Wife reports its raining hard in Drogheda.

Can I ask what sat feed are you lot looking at for live data? I would like to see if this will clear up for my motorbike ride home.

Based on what I can see on http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ it looks pretty serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It seems to be moving slowly - I'm afraid that when it finally reaches Cork it'll be nothing more than a heavy mist:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

burger1979 wrote: »
    Can anyone post pics please of the rain and wind that they are seeing? i am working in sandyford ind est in dublin and there is wind, dying down now and blue skies outside. i feel like i am missing out:mad::(

In sandyford as well. Give it 30 mins I'd say....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

burger1979 wrote: »

Post pictures of the wind? :D Couldn't resist. Don't you know that only pigs can see the wind.

jesus, the rain is mental, its lashing down, fabulous :)

My poor daughter has to get home from school in this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I can literally see it now out the window approaching Swords. Immense dark clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Things have changed utterley in the past 15 mins, wind has shifted due west and become sustained strong, the squall line has hit and is torrential, has to be 10mm/hr rate at the moment, though may not last for long, surface water gone from nothing to inundating the drains in about the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

well that was quick! about 5 mins of craziness and now it's all calm!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

What's that coming over the hill - is it a monster...is it a monster?

Wish I had my camera - it looks menancing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

DOnt think my time-lapse is gonna be any good.. its just too much grey... goin to darker grey... Need to be up high with a long feild of view :(

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

Just hitting Ballycoolin now - Awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Just hit Dublin Airport, very impressive front, scared the **** out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Ok. Here we go. Just started to lash in Dublin CC.

I'm off out for a cigg...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Have not seen rain like that in a long time:eek:

Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

It's starting in Kilmainham now - it's gotten much darker suddenly and it's raining at a 45 degree angle. I'm the only eejit sitting in the office with the window open : )

Edited to say OMG : ) It just arrived properly. That's quite a nice piece of weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Nice rain. Wind not so great in the end but it was a cool sight all the same watching it approach and darken the skies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Touchdown at Dublin Airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

jeez just had a look outside,looks good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Just hit with a bang here. 10 mins of very intense rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭burger1979

Derfil wrote: »
    Just hit with a bang here. 10 mins of very intense rain.

10 Mins?? is that all??? getting darker in sandyford..........i'm off out to take a picture of the wind.....:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

this video is facing north ... the shed behind me is blocking alot of wind but there was some weird whistling noise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnlGPhLGduc

mind your ears with this one, the wind is quite loud... had to get in the house before i got drenched. this was about 30 seconds before the crazy rain came

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQLwqiWKV8s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

For people who hate rain we sure get excited at heavy rain :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Jesus Monsoon season has just hit Crumlin in D12!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭odonopenmic

Has just passed Camden Street - squally enough for our whole office floor to stop what they were doing and look out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Has arrived! For all Sandyford viewers it should be with you in 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

North County Dublin seems to be getting the stronger echoes now, has quietened down here to a standard issue wet and breezy day, light to moderate rain, wind W force 3 or 4

I guess if it were 34C on the great plains we would have got a tornado or two out of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

According to AA Roadwatch some flights to Dublin Airport have been diverted to Belfast due to weather conditions

Advertisement