Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Ah that's a pity! Really nice place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Falcon travel shop in Crescent appears to be closed down. Anyone know more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Facelift, according to the sign in english in big letters that I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

patnor1011 wrote: »

Only closed for renovations, there is a big sign in the window to be fair

Flowers and things in Arthur's Quay is gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Crocs hairdresser/Barber on the Ballinacurra road is gone.

Big To Let sign being put up out front, and inside is cleared out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Kess73 wrote: »

sh1t thats terrible. i just passed the place the other day and said to the wife thats its great to see the place surviving in this day and age

sh1t thats terrible. i just passed the place the other day and said to the wife thats its great to see the place surviving in this day and age

They have a place in Clarina too so they still exist in some shape or form anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What happened Flowers and Things any one know?She was there a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭Jofspring

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    The River Bistro on Georges Quay is sadly gone since Saturday night:(

Awful pitty. Always liked their food and thought it was a popular enough place.

• Advertisement

Wow that didn't last long. Shame. Suppose they didn't have much of a chance with Goodfellas in Greenpark. As far as I know, they have a good reputation, solid clientele and I'm sure the handy parking is a plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Hi guys
    There are signs up on the gym and hotel to say closed until further noticed dated today, 8th April. Anyone know what the story is?

Thanks!

Hi guys
    There are signs up on the gym and hotel to say closed until further noticed dated today, 8th April. Anyone know what the story is?

Thanks!

Looks like its gone. A friend of mine put up something vague about it on FB. She works/ed behind the bar there. I'll try get more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Ah no. There goes the gym membership paid for in advance. Great gym! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Ah no. There goes the gym membership paid for in advance. Great gym! :(

Same as mate, I was heading in today to renew my membership...got chatting to one of the lads who worked there, they'd not been paid for nearly 2 weeks and were only told this morning they were closed...

Looking for a new gym is going to be a complete nightmare

Another 50 jobs gone. :(

Full article on today's Chronicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/local-business/fifty-jobs-lost-as-well-known-limerick-hotel-closes-1-4977767

Link for Punches closure.

Does not make for nice reading with regards to the amount of money owed to staff, or with regards to them not going to refund gym membership fees.

Hopefully that sliver of hope mentioned in the article comes about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Sad to hear about punches. It was a place where I had a few good nights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Name IT Childrens clothes shop on Thomas St is closed too (maybe it's been closed a while)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Name IT Childrens clothes shop on Thomas St is closed too (maybe it's been closed a while)

Closed quite a while. Still see him going in and out of the place though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

Same as mate, I was heading in today to renew my membership...got chatting to one of the lads who worked there, they'd not been paid for nearly 2 weeks and were only told this morning they were closed...

Looking for a new gym is going to be a complete nightmare

Agreed lads. Absolutely fuming over it. Had my membership paid until August. Raging and my bank have told me that although I paid by Card, I paid by debit rather than credit card and have no comeback. So there goes 130 quid just pis*ed down the drain. I would encourage anyone who paid by credit card to get their money back that way. But I think its now come to a stage where people should stand up and say to companies like this to stick their heads where the sun aint shining. Its gone beyond ridiculous the amount of companies just packing up and saying F**K the staff (excuse my french). The staff always lose out and its terrible because the staff are the ones who keep the place afloat by all rights and they get Sh*t for thanks at the end of the day. Long gone are the days where staff were actually rewarded for their hard days work. Now they cant even get paid in some cases. In the case of the gym, members always lose out. All I can say is what they have done to the gym members, the staff, the couples who had paid deposits for weddings, it is downright wrong. People lose out on their money without getting a service and just off they go, hand it back to Bank of Scotland and walk away not only with their own money in their back pocket but everyone elses too and also with no loss to themselves. How would they feel if I walked into the gym and picked up a set of dumbbells or carted out one of their weight benches id be arrested on the spot for "stealing", charged and brought before the courts. Why in gods name is it when these bigshots do it to the smaller person that its perfectly acceptable. 21st century Ireland and this is how were treated. Yes I understand it is a Private limited company so they can just walk away with no loss but in all honesty its becoming too much of a bloody habit these days. Why is it always the small person who gets screwed over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

Agreed lads. Absolutely fuming over it. Had my membership paid until August. Raging and my bank have told me that although I paid by Card, I paid by debit rather than credit card and have no comeback. Would encourage anyone who paid by credit card to get their money back that way. But I think its now come to a stage where people should stand up and say to companies like this to stick their heads where the sun aint shining. Its gone beyond ridiculous the amount of companies just packing up and saying F**K the staff (excuse my french). The staff always lose out and its terrible because the staff are the ones who keep the place afloat by all rights and they get Sh*t for thanks at the end of the day. Long gone are the days where staff were actually rewarded for their hard days work. Now they cant even get paid in some cases. In the case of the gym, members always lose out. All I can say is what they have done to the gym members, the staff, the couples who had paid deposits for weddings, it is downright wrong. People lose out on their money without getting a service and just off they go, hand it back to Bank of Scotland and walk away not only with their own money in their back pocket but everyone elses too and also with no loss to themselves. Yes I understand it is a Private limited company so they can just walk away with no loss but in all honesty its becoming too much of a bloody habit these days. Why is it always the small person who gets screwed over.

damn right dar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

bigpink wrote: »

Just to reply on this one, was told by someone who knows her quite well that shes running it from her home now. It was something to do with rent and rates being rather high I think. Its good to see that although her shop has closed she is actually still working. It makes sense alright when you consider how ridiculously high the rates are in this city. Very hard for a small business like that to survive whilst paying out so much in rent and rates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Oh thats good

Just to reply on this one, was told by someone who knows her quite well that shes running it from her home now. It was something to do with rent and rates being rather high I think. Its good to see that although her shop has closed she is actually still working. It makes sense alright when you consider how ridiculously high the rates are in this city. Very hard for a small business like that to survive whilst paying out so much in rent and rates.

Yeah I saw that today.

It's called Limerick Flowers

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

snip.. Why in gods name is it when these bigshots do it to the smaller person that its perfectly acceptable. 21st century Ireland and this is how were treated. Yes I understand it is a Private limited company so they can just walk away with no loss but in all honesty its becoming too much of a bloody habit these days. Why is it always the small person who gets screwed over.

I'll tell you why. It's because the law is on their side. And we all know who our lawmakers are... that shower of 166 we elect every four or five years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭black & white

bigpink wrote: »

already answered above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/local-business/fifty-jobs-lost-as-well-known-limerick-hotel-closes-1-4977767

Link for Punches closure.

Does not make for nice reading with regards to the amount of money owed to staff, or with regards to them not going to refund gym membership fees.

Hopefully that sliver of hope mentioned in the article comes about.

they still seem to be selling beds in advance:
    http://www.livingsocial.com/escapes/664262-overnight-limerick-getaway?append_ref_code=source_cities_show&msdc_id=514-limerick&show_missed=true&temp_skip_roadblock=1&utm_campaign=130858&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=awin
    1 person bought it already

edit:someone must have picked that up as it appears to be "sold out" now

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Spar on Henry Street beside Corner Flag Bar closed since yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Wilbert13 wrote: »
    Spar on Henry Street beside Corner Flag Bar closed since yesterday
    Ya thats a real Pity :(

Advertisement