Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Membership Fees near Dublin – no hello money

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Going to join Citywest Pay as you play in Jan , 250€ is great value IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

How much per round then?

link_2007 wrote: »

How much per round then?
    15€

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gmcevoy

Hows things,

how many times a year would you roughly play. only reason i ask is,
    if you play 20 times a yr at E15 a round on top of your 250 joining fee you come to E550. for the extra 100 you can become a full member.

gmcevoy wrote: »

Hows things,

how many times a year would you roughly play. only reason i ask is,
    if you play 20 times a yr at E15 a round on top of your 250 joining fee you come to E550. for the extra 100 you can become a full member.
    I would play every weekend and in Spring , Summer I would get out at least twice a week . So you have got me thinking that it would make a lot more sense to take out a full membership alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Dr Oslek

Arsenium wrote: »
    Are there any Headfort members on here? I am just curious about membership. I missed the offer they had for the last few months (joining without the entrance fee) and was wondering if there is any talk about it becoming available again?

Just played both courses recently and I would really be interested in becoming a member.

Thanks in advance.

in regards to this does anyone know the prices for headfort?

Any would any headfort members know anything about this?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0515/1224316128500.html

members of portsalon seemingly can play free there and vice-versa

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bbay

Ballinascorney (9 Hole in Rathfarnham ) have a membership offer for 890. No joining fee. I think Dublin City may have to be taken off the list as well!!
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

We had our AGM last night where we were told that the annual subs will remain at €1500. An incentive to get more members is the combined Golf Club/Health Spa (Gym!) membership of €1650. If you are serious about your golf and fitness I think it's a great offer!. We also have the members introduction incentive where we get a discount off our membership of €250 if we introduce a new member. (If any of you are interested I will split it with you! ;))
    Visitors green fees will be reduced to €15 for the winter months and €20 for "high" season.
    The management have committed €155,000 to upgrade and improve the bunkers between now and Spring 2013 which is very good news as it is really the only thing that we feel lets the course down.
    Looking forward to next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Anyone in the midlands area West of Dublin looking for somewhere new to play ??

well look no further than

Athlone Golf Club

425 for the year as a new member!!!

Fantastic offer for anyone in the midlands area to be a member of a really challenging course with a great bunch of existing members! we're only an hour from dublin down the motorway aswell so get yourselves down here quick while there's still places available!!!

(we're not really short of places, but come quick. The course is open pretty much all the time, is in great condition, has great drainage, so we dont flood easily and I'm the competitions secretary this year, so you're bound to ahave a great time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Athlone Golf Club

D

That's seriously good value, never played the course but have only heard good things. How is it clubs outside the Dublin region can offer such good value while clubs within the periphery of Dublin are deemed reasonably at and over €1k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,034 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

That's seriously good value, never played the course but have only heard good things. How is it clubs outside the Dublin region can offer such good value while clubs within the periphery of Dublin are deemed reasonably at and over €1k?

Wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Athlone Golf Club

Fantastic offer for anyone in the midlands area to be a member of a really challenging course with a great bunch of existing members! we're only an hour from dublin down the motorway aswell so get yourselves down here quick while there's still places available!!!

(we're not really short of places, but come quick. The course is open pretty much all the time, is in great condition, has great drainage, so we dont flood easily and I'm the competitions secretary this year, so you're bound to ahave a great time! :D

That is a great deal. It was the same/similar last year for first time joiners wasn't it?

How much is it from your second year on?

Edit: Congrats on the appointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

link_2007 wrote: »
    That is a great deal. It was the same/similar last year for first time joiners wasn't it?

How much is it from your second year on?

Edit: Congrats on the appointment!

haha...not sure if its congrats, or commiserations ;) Comp Secretary has to be one of the hardest most time intensive jobs in the club and doing a Masters aswell I may live to regret taking it on. But I love Athlone Golf Club and when I was asked, I just couldnt say no.

as regards your first question.

yes there was an offer last year, it was a little bit cheaper last year I think, maybe 25 euros cheaper or something. CharlieIRL could answer for definite as he came in on it, but it was a little cheaper.

from the second year on, for this year we have a "Second Year Incentive" which is to follow on from the first year, but it's for 580 euros this year.

So the payment scheme if you joined this year would be ::

First year Incentive = €425

If you were happy with how your golf goes this coming year and you love the club and lets face it, YOU WILL LOVE THE CLUB.

Then you can join next year for ::

Second year Incentive = €580

And sure after two years of being in Athlone, you'd be hooked and you'd then be paying the full amount to play for a 3rd year which this year is

Full Ordinary Membership Rate = €725.

And that rate has been coming down little by little every year, so by the time it comes around to your 3rd year it would very likely be down below 700

So yeah...everyone should join.

JOIN NAO!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭gigawatt2007

Think I'll be taking the Full Time Membership out in CityWest at €650 PA when I move back up to Dublin in the New Year. Given how tight things are money I'm finding it hard to validate paying more than 1k a year for a golf membership

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Citywest sounds like a good option alright. Anyone have any idea how the course holds up under rain, what kind of drainage, etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I see Tulfarris are €899 for 15 months (Dec 2012 - Feb 2014). Anyone been down there recently, what sort of condition is it in? I haven't played there in a couple of years but I know it didn't hold much rain in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Weetabix wrote: »
    I see Tulfarris are €899 for 15 months (Dec 2012 - Feb 2014). Anyone been down there recently, what sort of condition is it in? I haven't played there in a couple of years but I know it didn't hold much rain in the past.

I've been a member there the past two years and played there on Sun in the winter league competition. The worst feature of Tulfarris are the bunkers, this year with all the rain they've been very poor with wet and compacted sand and as such "Rake and Place" is often in play. Tee to green the course is as good as can be expected for this time of year with the lack of drying, new drainage was put in place 3 years ago and the fairways heavily sanded which based on reviews appear to have made a significant improvement. Areas of the rough are quite soggy but nothing too atypical to other parkland courses I've played. Greens on Sun were true but quite slow but again not helped with the rain we had to play in.

I moved house this year and have been contemplating leaving Tulfarris for someplace closer to home in an effort to reduce travel time and cost however with the offer in place this year I'm going to find that difficult. Anywhere of comparable quality is considerably more expensive. Membership details this year are as below:

Individual Gent Member: €899, reduced from €1,000
    Individual Lady Member: €499, not sure of previous level
    Couple Memberships: €1,249, reduced from €1,500
    Included in this year's membership is a €50 credit for use in the Bar and Restaurant.
    The 10% members discount on food and beverages will be increased to 20%
    Each member will receive 5 complimentary green fee passes for guests.
    The reciprocal playing rights with Faithlegg are being extended also to Moyvalley.

Let me know if you've any questions or interested in a game with a view to joining. This year the club are introducing a referral bonus for the first time of a €100 discount in membership if an existing member introduces a new member to the club so willing to split that should you or anyone else join.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Citywest sounds like a good option alright. Anyone have any idea how the course holds up under rain, what kind of drainage, etc.?

From my past experience it tended to suffer a bit when theres any rain, & can get quite soggy in parts, but I haven't played there for a while and they may have put a bit of work into drainage round the place.

Pretty good value membership though. Think they still have the old lakes course open as a 9 hole course now, which could be handy to play in the evenings if you can't get 18 in.

They would probably also do you a deal to take gym & golf membership combined. I think they did last year anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Corrstown have a new Membership for €811 including extras its €900. Only 60 memberships on offer.

They maintain the current Annual Subs at €1228 which I think is €1440 including extras.

Excellant rate for a Club in North Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

Balbriggan have dropped their entrance fee at the moment. Annual sub is around €1300.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Here's a great chance to play the Smurfit course in the K Club regulalrly for a reasonable cost:

The Hibernian golf club - membership fee (new members) €225; €40 each time you play; €45 in Summer. Full handicap and ability to play any Sunday morning you like on a great layout. Depending on number of times you expect to play, it can be a good option. I'm a member.

PM me if you'd like me to arrange an introduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ernieprice

Highfield Golf Club in Carbury Co.Kildare are celebrating 21 years and have a special deal for new or existing members (restricted to 80 places) at the 1991 price of €395 for full member + €19 GUI fee. Total €414

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Wicklow Golf Club are offering full membership for 24-30 year olds for €484. Great course and excellent facilities. Worth a look if anyone in that age group is looking to join a new club.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭pcasso

Apologies if it has been posted before but Rathcore are offering three day membership for €200.
    Sounds like a great deal as long as there are no catches.
    And no, I am not a member.
    I just though it was a great membership deal

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

pcasso wrote: »
    Apologies if it has been posted before but Rathcore are offering three day membership for €200.
    Sounds like a great deal as long as there are no catches.
    And no, I am not a member.
    I just though it was a great membership deal

Yep. The details I heard were 200 for membership on Mon, Tues and Weds. And 10 euro to play any other day. In a time of golf clubs offering deals, this looks like a particularly good one allright.

Again...not associated with Rathcore or a member etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

I'm living in Dublin 8 and just taking up golf. Enjoying playing with friends etc but am thinking about joining a club. I've played Grange Castle which was a nice course but it didn't feel like there was much social life there. I'm only starting so probably looking to keep costs down in case I don't get as into it as I expect now. Want to be able to go for a game of golf after work etc so proximity to D8 is key. Any recommendations. I've had a good look through this great thread but wouldn't mind people's recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I don't think any golf courses are convenient to Dublin 8 in the evening rush hour. Naas Rd direction is probably your best option. Quite a few courses out that way and almost any will take you for a cheap green fee in the early evening. Newlands is probably the closest but you could also try Citywest (which does a cheap membership + pay and play deal.) Other handy ones are Castlewarden and Beech Park. If you can get through Phoenix Park you could try Castlenock, Westmanstown or ElmGreen (which is a bit like Grange Castle.) If you can play weekends (and have time to go a bit further) then there are loads of options. Evening golf is only possible a few months of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 frogone

Has anyone got any updated info? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Blessington Lakes, 1000 euro for 2 people from November till Feb 2016 i think is great value, facilities would not be great but the course is tough and always well maintained. They also must the hold most single qualifying competitions each year in the greater Dublin area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

frogone wrote: »
    Has anyone got any updated info? Many thanks.

Where are looking to join?
    Area wise.

Advertisement