Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i cycled in to work today, first time since we moved to a new building with less secure car park, so i didnt fancy parking a nice bike in there. got a giant defy last week, and it had its maiden commute today. It was the lowest model defy, but was actually quite nice to ride in. Its very heavy tho. especially with rack and pannier full of junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

lennymc wrote: »
    Its very heavy tho. especially with rack and pannier full of junk.
    "character building ":-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

Should possibly be in the stolen bike thread

408163_349982851708980_1199609600_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

CramCycle wrote: »
    I can't get out of work for the 14:30 sailing, and the 20:55 sailing will leave me unable to get to where I want to go i.e. I will be stuck in Holyhead until 4 in the morning. Could risk my arm and see could i organise a lift while on board but its risky.

If one does a lot of cycling abroad, I wonder whether it would be worth getting an Airnimal Chameleon or something like that. They're supposed to be a very good ride and you could get on ferries as a foot passenger with "luggage".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

207268.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

207270.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Going back to a trek hybrid for the weekend. Handlebars so wide its like driving a boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Last minute decision, I'm cycling down to galway in the morning, turns out i'm getting lucky with a easternly wind :D Anyways I have one extra tube and some repair patches. I have a 24/7 tesco next to me, they sell tesco tubes, wondering if anyones used them, if they're any use? Any last minute tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I haven't used the tesco tubes but there repair patches are decent. A bit mean with only 3 patches given but they only cost around €1.50

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

S. Roche on Late Late now

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

S. Roche on Late Late now

charlize theron on graham norton

Poor aul Neeson is a bit pissed on the late late

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yeah, he looks out of it alright!

Brilliant show though. Enjoying it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just signed up for my very first organised cycle ever. :D:D

A friend just linked me this on Facebook. Must watch more monty python.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

16794011_H.jpg?identifier=18f7c9bb65478213b7dcd26262dde1a0

Absolutely delicious. :pac::pac::pac: highly recommend (by me), Very tasty, convenient, a perfect post spin snack.

There are a couple of tuna varieties, plus salmon varieties also.
    Nom,nom,nom

Absolutely delicious. :pac::pac::pac: highly recommend (by me), Very tasty, convenient, a perfect post spin snack.

Nom,nom,nom

Saw those in the shop, will have to try them.

There's one that comes in a red tin too, is that the salmon?

Next stop...... Galway :D

207374.JPG

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

awec wrote: »
    Just signed up for my very first organised cycle ever. :D:D

Which one?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Nom,nom,nom
    awec wrote: »
    Saw those in the shop, will have to try them.

There's one that comes in a red tin too, is that the salmon?

Why not make something similar yourself - bound to be cheaper, tastier and more nutritious

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Where were all the cyclists in north Wicklow today? Was there something on? 150km on the road today and I swear I only saw about ten others and one club peloton on the whole spin. Compared to last weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Crow92 wrote: »

Are you actually using all 4 bags plus handlebar bag just to get to Galway? Or are you going via Ulan Bator?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Why not make something similar yourself - bound to be cheaper, tastier and more nutritious

For times when it is not convenient to make something myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Where were all the cyclists in north Wicklow today? Was there something on? 150km on the road today and I swear I only saw about ten others and one club peloton on the whole spin. Compared to last weekend...

Think there are a few sportives on this weekend alright, myself and daragh_ were out with TiernansCC, and we met Colm18 along the way. I'm heading out with Colm18 on Monday morning, if you're around? You get your Thinkbike gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

colm_gti wrote: »

Think there are a few sportives on this weekend alright, myself and daragh_ were out with TiernansCC, and we met Colm18 along the way. I'm heading out with Colm18 on Monday morning, if you're around? You get your Thinkbike gear?

Cool Might do. Il see what I'm at Sunday night 1st! No Thinkbike gear, actually haven seen nor heard from em since I officially joined the club! Will prob join Orwell after the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Well I'm off to Denmark in the morning for a few days, might even check out a bike or two whilst there. The sad thing is what I'm looking forward to most is having clean hands for a few days! Enjoy the rain thats forecast for tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

you 'll be needing a mangy dog on a bit of string then..

Are you actually using all 4 bags plus handlebar bag just to get to Galway? Or are you going via Ulan Bator?

I'm staying in a friends for a few days so brought down some extra things like clothes and laptop, camera etc. They weren't fully loaded but I wanted to get a feel for them.

Anyways Arrived at my destination about 19:10, Total distance about 230km. My damn computers battery went so no proper date. Time wise it was about 13 hours travelling with like an hour and a half of that being pitstops/meals. Started lashing about 75km to go so it was a bit miserable but good overall.

207433.JPG

207434.JPG

• Advertisement

I'm staying in a friends for a few days so brought down some extra things like clothes and laptop, camera etc. They weren't fully loaded but I wanted to get a feel for them.

Anyways Arrived at my destination about 19:10, so bout 13 hours travelling with like an hour and a half of that being pitstops/meals. Started lashing about 75km to go so it was a bit miserable but good overall.

207433.JPG

207434.JPG

Fair play to you man. Love the bike, great colour too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement