Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

But presumably you have different licence numbers. Your mystery alter ego didn't even race in Roundwood (I know this because you were the only Orwell given a pass to ride that day). The race was organised by your own club, FFS!

Do the results just get phoned in, with no licence numbers given?

BTW, I wish the other you had raced in your stead. He mightn't have left me looking like a startled rabbit at the last corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I am more of a brunette type guy...but the blonde on the right.. :eek:

jd12tocstg5031_600.jpg

She didn't have to bring her shopping though.

According to the guys in second and third, there's someone hotter to their left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I am more of a brunette type guy...but the blonde on the right.. :eek:

aren't you taking Jens-worship a bit too far.......

• Advertisement

I dare Jens to move those flowers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Ahhh ****ing pedestrians. One ran out in front of me today but luckily I managed to stay on the bike. She was fine but I came away with a nice cut on my thigh. :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Agenda for the day:
    Set alarm for 8am (check)
    Go to fridge, grab 48 cans of beer (check)
    Go to press, grabs copious amounts of chocolate/crisps (check)
    Find remote, sit down, get comfortable, turn on TV (check)
    Watch Katie Taylor winning (check)
    Wait patiently for:
    horse-racing
    golf
    cycling (Giro)
    rugby (Leinster v Ulster)
    soccer (Champions League)
    cycling (TOC)
    ...........phew, I'm tired already :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭buffalo

I had such a lovely spin this afternoon. Then coming through Fairview in the bus lane, a bus driver beeps at me and points to the cycle lane. He stops ahead, so I pull in for a chat. I try to tell him of the dangers of dog walkers and pedestrians stepping in front of me, his response is simply, "there's a cycle lane, I'm just sayin'". I ask him how I'm suppose to turn right up ahead, he tells me to get off my bike at the lights, I ask if he ever pushes his bus? Again, "I'm just sayin'".

I should've pointed out that I didn't impede his progress, given that he overtook me easily and I was heading off his route about 500m down the road.

*sigh* But he was a decent enough type. I just needed to get that out of the system. Come on Leinster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

buffalo wrote: »
    . Come on LeinsterUlster!
    FYP

Come on Leinster!
    FYP

This is how I feel about Rugby.

tumblr_l0b0121hZe1qboctyo1_500.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,538 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

FYP
    Well said. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Dónal wrote: »

[img][/img]

Weird I watched that exact clip on youtube today... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Dónal wrote: »

Don't get speeches like this in many other sports........

Is there a list of Irish club jerseys anywhere? With pics of the design/finish product?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

Is there a list of Irish club jerseys anywhere? With pics of the design/finish product?
    Cycling Ireland website

RO 06 wrote: »
    Cycling Ireland website

Sound! So there's Slaney CC as well as Sorrento CC. Was getting confused with SCCs. :)

Can't see another I was looking for though - blue with rows of spots on the back. Anyone know it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Sound! So there's Slaney CC as well as Sorrento CC. Was getting confused with SCCs. :)

... and Swords CC ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Not the first to qualify but the first Irishman to join La Societe Adrian Hands.

http://adrianhandssociety.com/Society_Members.html

Soon to be a proud owner of this beauty:

TIE-DYE+FRONT.jpg

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,763 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Managed to top-up my Paralympic Track Cycling tickets this morning - now have 3 sessions booked over the first couple of days, so should hopefully be seeing our own "Paralympic Cyclist" in action

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Extremely off-topic. Our hive swarmed this morning. Luckily enough I was at home to deal with it and to try and save some bees but my God they literally turned the air black with their sheer numbers, they were incredibly noisy too. I just wish I had taken some photos of them. Very surreal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Extremely off-topic. Our hive swarmed this morning. Luckily enough I was at home to deal with it and to try and save some bees but my God they literally turned the air black with their sheer numbers, they were incredibly noisy too. I just wish I had taken some photos of them. Very surreal experience.

I remember many years ago hearing my 8 year-old kids call me from the back garden. "Dad, come and look!". I looked out the window to see my three kids standing under a black cloud of bees buzzing just overhead! "Come on inside guys, we'll see them much better from upstairs!"... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

While it does seem counterintuitive they are actually surprisingly docile when swarming as they generally gorge on honey before leaving the hive. That said I wouldn't fancy standing around a swarm without protective gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

was in london over the weekend and drove by the velodrome - its pretty impressive. Looks like a pringle. Would love to have an oul spin in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

hey guys,

buying new wheels looking for something light enough but alu, crc have sale anyone spot anything good?

manafana wrote: »
    hey guys,

buying new wheels looking for something light enough but alu, crc have sale anyone spot anything good?

Hold of a few days, i am building a cheap but light set. Holyboy actually will build it!

What's your weight currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Hold of a few days, i am building a cheap but light set. Holyboy actually will build it!

What's your weight currently?

well they are actually for our trip to france, currently i have fulcrum 7s for winter bike, rock solid but heavier side of things 1850g the set, then on my carbon bike im currently on carbon rims, their great on good roads and when im not on something steep but they flex bit,

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/WPSHRS80CA/shimano_rs80_c24_carbon_wheelset_%28pair%29

looking at these, lighter not sure how the carbon, alu mix would go in terms of the heat.

these dont look bad, now iv done more searching:

http://www.pictoncycles.co.uk/easton-ea90-slx-clincher-campagnolo-rear-wheel/product_info.php/products_id/1533

Out interest astra what kind of money are you spending on your wheels

• Advertisement

I am hoping to hit 1250gr with around 350euro cost.

Kinlin Xr200
    Bikehubstore super light hubs
    Cx ray bladed spokes

But that won't work well for heavy riders, if you are under 80kgs you should be fine. I hope to have a ride report by mid next week, I am expecting the last stuff to arrive tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement