Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

ffnoy.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Reminds me of ......

Mark_Cavendish-lin_2008848c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

When you wrap bartape do you do the right side clockwise and the left side counterclockwise? A couple of videos in youtube confused me even more..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

AstraMonti wrote: »
    When you wrap bartape do you do the right side clockwise and the left side counterclockwise? A couple of videos in youtube confused me even more..

Right side counterclockwise I think, always wrap in towards the bike.

Now I'm confused, I hope that's right? Anyway, it should be wrapped so that it is self tightening as your hands rotate on the bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I would have said that you always wrap "away" from the bike because that's the direction your hands would usually twist on the bars. So, eh, clockwise on the right, counter on the left.

But then I'm really bad at wrapping bar tape. Like, atrocious. Can't get the ends clean at all. So what would I know?

Thanks for confusing me more :p

That's the "correct" way, isn't it? (It's totally coincidental that a cute girl is wrapping the tape :rolleyes: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Heard a commotion outside the front of the house. Went to see what was going on and saw Eamonn Fennell and MD McAuley outside with Sam Maguire

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/390284_10150555929888272_725373271_11514743_1263779062_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

AAAAAs8tlY8AAAAAACm0Qg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Probably explains why my bar tape has been unravelling so. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,030 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

I can't wait to get rid of this 'tache for Movember, jesus it's annoyed me no end this year !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Sorry, what's all this Benton malarky?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 31,030 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Junior wrote: »
    I can't wait to get rid of this 'tache for Movember, jesus it's annoyed me no end this year !

Pics or GTFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,928 ✭✭✭furiousox

@ Captain Havoc

Gets funnier every time!

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I know someone posted a link to this version, but many probably won't go to the bother of clicking it so here it is in all it's magnificent glory

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

AstraMonti wrote: »
    seamus wrote: »
    I would have said that you always wrap "away" from the bike because that's the direction your hands would usually twist on the bars. So, eh, clockwise on the right, counter on the left.

But then I'm really bad at wrapping bar tape. Like, atrocious. Can't get the ends clean at all. So what would I know?

I usually wrap tape from the stem out to the ends. That way I don't have to mess around with a finishing strip. I wrap forwards on the tops and then reverse direction after the brake levers (IIRC) to wrap outwards on the drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

I just found 50 eurons while tidying the bedroom, at first I was happy but then I remembered a time when I found £1,000 in my sock drawer that I had forgotten about and now I'm some what sad, I wish I was still well paid:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

390908_10150415972088744_309351868743_8482348_916481512_n.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Holyboy wrote: »
    I just found 50 eurons while tidying the bedroom, at first I was happy but then I remembered a time when I found £1,000 in my sock drawer that I had forgotten about and now I'm some what sad, I wish I was still well paid:(

You forgot about 1000punt? You sir were too well paid, when your happy about finding anything along the lines of 2euro and upwards, then you will be paid the right amount (based on what my boss says about me been paid fairly :( ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Holyboy wrote: »

Do you work for the Department of Finance?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

Lumen wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO!

b663097dabd22dd6d22a15b27c697792-4eb5b98265844.jpg

Ta da !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

^ handsome chap...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    AAAAAs8tlY8AAAAAACm0Qg.jpg

I love wrapping bar tape. It's a strange pleasure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Haha I wish I did, good salary and a pension! No,ive been a spanner monkey all my adult life apart from the odd little detour and obviously too well paid at one stage but I of course partied it ALL away, ah well easy come easy go. @cramcycle two euro is alot of money to me these days:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement