Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Lumen wrote: »
    Is this an austerity drive in Castle Monti?

Bosch FTW!

I want wi-fi appliances but the OH thinks i am being ridiculous! (I think she is right tbh)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Bosch FTW!

Smug!

smug-smeg-fridge.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Does anyone have Hotpoint appliances? Are they any good? They have great energy ratings at good prices.

I dealt with the hotpoint guys as part of my work they seem to think alot of their stuff from what i saw

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Does anyone have Hotpoint appliances? Are they any good? They have great energy ratings at good prices.

I have a Hotpoint frost free freezer for the past few years and its still frost free and it still freezes! However if you are looking at appliances with lots of moving parts like washing machines and tumble dryers, then like Lumen I would normally prefer ze Germans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

They have great energy ratings at good prices.

Harvey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

My mother has a Zanussi washing machine going strong since 1984. The only thing that ever went wrong with it was a door jam in 1985.

We have a Zanussi washing machine and Zanussi tumble dryer. Only 3 years old but they haven't let us down yet.

I wouldn't be a big fan of Hotpoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

In a moment of crazy richesse I bought a Miele dishwasher some years ago; the saleswoman who sold it to me said sulkily that she'd love the model I was buying, but her Miele still hadn't broken down after 25 years, so she didn't feel justified in replacing it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Does anyone know how I get to the cycling forum?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Just take the bicycle lane, it goes straight over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Sports or recreational? Completely different.

• Advertisement

I have Hotpoint fridge and freezers and I swear by them. And occasionally at them.

Seriously though, they're fine.

First you must answer me these riddles three...

What is your name?

Dónal wrote: »
    First you must answer me these riddles three...

What is your name?

I think he's one of the Cavan H'vocs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Hotpoint, SMEG etc - they're all made using Chinese components!

Our dishwasher broke a couple of years ago and when they guy arrived to fix it he said it couldn't be fixed (not at reasonable price) and advised us to get a new one. I asked him which one would he recommend and he waffled on through the different brands so I just asked him what he had in his house - the answer surprised me - Beko!!

So that's what we went with!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Sweet jebus I am wrecked.
    I'm doing an all-nighter to try and get my PhD thesis handed in before 5pm (Friday).

I've a long way to go and a short while to get there! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

I'm just going to say it.
    I have man-flu.
    Wow, just saying it out loud makes it all seem so very very real.
    It's quite a severe strain but I'm hopeful it's not life threatening.
    I've told my family and they're being as brave and supportive as they can be.
    I can tell they're upset though by the way they look at each other shaking their heads in disbelief and throwing their eyes skywards as if to say "why him, why our dad?"
    I reckon I'll be off the bike for a few days but I'm determined to conquer this cruel and merciless disease that targets young fit men in their prime.
    I will of course face this great challenge with quiet dignity and post regular half-hourly updates of my progress on this forum.
    Thank you.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

furiousox wrote: »

All man-flu is life-threatening. Make a will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

All man-flu is life-threatening. Make a will.

where there's a will, there's a relative.

I'm just going to say it.
    I have man-flu.
    Wow, just saying it out loud makes it all seem so very very real.
    I've told my family and they're being as brave and supportive as they can be.
    I can tell they're upset though by the way they look at each other shaking their heads in disbelief and throwing their eyes skywards as if to say "why him, why our dad?"
    I reckon I'll be off the bike for a few days but I'm determined to conquer this cruel and merciless disease that targets young fit men in their prime.
    I will of course face this great challenge with quiet dignity and post regular half-hourly updates of my progress on this forum.
    Thank you.

Surely if you had *proper* man-flu you would not have the energy to type this message - or did you dictate it over several hours by hoarsely mumbling into the ear of one of the family members holding vigil by your bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Studies have shown that vigorous exercising of the thumbs and fingers through use of a Playstation controller increases man-flu recovery rates by 50%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

seamus wrote: »
    through use of a Playstation controller

Glad you included that

seamus wrote: »
    Studies have shown that vigorous exercising of the thumbs and fingers through use of a Playstation controller increases man-flu recovery rates by 50%.

I've also found that chronic exposure to jaffa cakes, tea and box sets can alleviate some of the worst symptoms and take the edge off the pain.

My preferred prescription is Band of Brothers, The Wire, The West Wing or Homeland - take one of these at least 6 times a day from a reclined position on the sofa.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

I may have caught the Ryder Cup induced Man Flu, whereby all leisure activities are able to continue but anything that can remotely be construed as work will knock me down in a heap. Still 'tis the burden we must bear.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

A very serious illness indeed, the truth is out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

targets young fit men in their prime.
    So how did you get it then!:p

Just make sure you have your full health for the L'Enfer du North County 100 in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I have found what exaserbates symptoms is being around people, (family, work colleagues) and phone calls. These tend to effect normal use of voice.

On the plus side Murder She Wrote seems to alleviate symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

bcmf wrote: »
    Just make sure you have your full health for the L'Enfer du North County 100 in a few weeks.

Specially imported by BCMF for the event:

21_big.jpg

Enjoy :p :eek: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Specially imported by BCMF for the event:

21_big.jpg

Enjoy :p :eek: :pac:
    Thats the smooth section ;)
    you not coming along Doyler?

This discussion has been closed.