Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The handy Tools/Gadgets to have in an Apocalypse Thread...

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Sorry if it's not acceptable to bump an old thread, but I thought it was still relevant.

The old link doesn't seem to work, but the bow that long range shooter described actually looks pretty cool. What I like about it is that it's compact and (apparently) hardwearing enough to throw into a rucksack. Perfect for that canoe trip down the Cahulawassee River valley. :pac:

http://www.merlinarchery.co.uk/compact-folding-survival-bow-50.html

survival-bow4.jpg

survival-bow2-1.jpg

This guy does a comparative review here. He is a bit slow to get to the point, so the first five minutes can be skipped, and bits of the rest fast-forwarded. IIRC he says that for the money and considering that it's a folding bow, it's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

I've been toying with the idea of somthing like the Barnett Vortex for a while, not as compact as above but will still fit in a large rucksack with all your gear if you need to keep it covered up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I don't know if something like the Barnett Vortex would be in great shape after being hacked around in my rucksack for a while, so I don't think it's what I'm looking for, but I saw this guy who picked up a 40lb draw solid fibreglass recurve bow for $40 from ebay. He thinks that it's pretty much bulletproof.

I'd like to pick up something like this myself, if I saw it going for reasonable money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Another one I'd thought about was this (price is much better) is this Take Down Bow it will go down surprisingly small and still has a 32lb draw on it.

In a rucksack I'd be carrying it in a flat packed tent or tarpaulin/groundsheet. Instead of rolling the tent or what every you carry for shelter up I'd fold it up so it would go across the rucksack flat against my back and put the take down bow in the tent as I folded it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

a big hammer and then and even bigger hammer for all those little things that dont wanna work just hit it harder thats engineering for ya !

• Advertisement
Advertisement