Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I tried every pack of supreme batteries in the shop today and they all scanned at 16.99 so either some stores have fixed it or there are packs with a dif barcode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I tried every pack of supreme batteries in the shop today and they all scanned at 16.99 so either some stores have fixed it or there are packs with a dif barcode
    They have to have 4X on them otherwise they will scan at full price. Like the packs below
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThTLpfxvW2XDWXQMjUh7639jelpxd1a17x9EJfABNutx-nggSUNA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Saw this in Tesco finglas After Eight 300g €1.72
    the 200g or so tesco own brand works out more expensive.
    Dont know if its in more stores but try check it out in your nearby stores.

oh the expiry date is bb end of 12/12

imag0195tdl6u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

After Eights are that price in Nutgrove too but all gone. Got the last litre of Captain Morgan for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

lindtee wrote: »
    Trekked out to Tesco early this morning to try and get one of the OWL monitors that have been mentioned but was out of luck in both Tesco and Mahon:( However me being me I was unable to leave without buying something.
    Magicbox Atom Pink Dab/Fm radio for €11 in Douglas. About 2 left on the shelves. Currently £35 on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magicbox-Atom-Digital-DAB-Radio/dp/B005VPYQ5Y/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1335702597&sr=1-1-spell
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnGAhKGTJJxA6CR1hef-6WIU7Jf-kIGF_O_XzfEqJlNxRnTrFvFg
    I don't know if its the weather or what but it does not seem to be working. I have 2 other dab radios and they work fine...will try again when the scary wind dies down and report back!

Got ecotek "standyby saver" 6 way adapter for €5.50. Reviews not great for it though:( Lots of these in both Mahon and Douglas. Currently £10.99 on Amazon (from 3rd party) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ecotek-Standby-Saver-6-Way-Socket/dp/B001CL1K32/ref=sr_1_3?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1335702725&sr=1-3
    ssrtsir_3.jpg

A Russell Hobbs Steam Station for €39.99. They only had the display one left so I got that one. £24.99 in Tesco in the UK I discovered after coming home so a bit of a jump in price there:mad: Also reviews only so-so. Will be testing it out later:( Currently £52.50 on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002GHBXAG/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_d0_g79_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0FZGH293479QT31YGYYC&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128473&pf_rd_i=468294
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQX1zumx3hWHD0JiJ1LhU8DckzoOBPrpn1tCZafMcRiyDrWwGZIeg

And in Tesco in Mahon I got 2 packets of the 4X AA duracell batteries for €3.50 each. There were about 3 packets left. more expensive than before but still a bargain.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThTLpfxvW2XDWXQMjUh7639jelpxd1a17x9EJfABNutx-nggSUNA

Just to let you know you can get a pack of 12 of these batteries in Penny's for 4 euro:D

• Advertisement

pejay wrote: »
    Just to let you know you can get a pack of 12 of these batteries in Penny's for 4 euro:D
    12 pack of rechargeables?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

lol i shop at Superquinn :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭barbs84

bagels wrote: »
    I can never find bargains, like those mentioned here, in Tesco Oranmore.
    Has anybody had any luck there?

never find any bargains there or in the galway tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

daytob wrote: »
    12 pack of rechargeables?

oo i sorry i dint read the rechargable bit

although i still think 4 euro is good for normal duracell is it not.

My kids go through a lot of batteries with the games consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

lindtee wrote: »
    They have to have 4X on them otherwise they will scan at full price. Like the packs below
    The 4X ones have been cut price since way back, though they did go from 1.50 to 3.50 about Xmas, problem is finding any.
    I see some 3x or 5x gone up to over 20, crazy price.

• Advertisement

Forgot to say Tescos have the Innocent Juice bottles for half price at €1.39, these are the 900ml bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

daytob wrote: »
    Forgot to say Tescos have the Innocent Juice bottles for half price at €1.39, these are the 900ml bottles

Can you freeze those? Or does that defeat the purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

barbs84 wrote: »
    never find any bargains there or in the galway tesco

I've found a bargain in the Galway store a couple of times but never, ever anything in Oranmore.

I dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

Can I freeze your smoothies?

Our smoothies are made of nothing but whole crushed fruit and pure juices, so it's completely safe to freeze them. However, we don't really recommend it because they taste much better fresh. To be more specific, bananas don't freeze well; when they defrost they go brown and a bit slimy. Check out this picture of a fresh banana and one that's defrosted. We know which we would rather drink.

If you do decide to freeze one of our smoothies, please make sure you defrost it in the fridge so it stays chilled at all times and note that this might take as long as 3 days. You should also drink it on the day of defrosting.
    http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/us/contact-us/faqs#faq-content

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

Milka 100g bars seems to be the cream ones only are 32cents just a normal white sel on the shelf so not sure how long it will be at this price for?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCxmcAU-acRvVcstCyH1DJ1u3wjmOrT790_n2M-fKOZPPvWLLH

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

brian_t wrote: »

Whoa! WORD OF WARNING!

Didn't the OP ask about juices? Without going into the science too much the viscosity of juice does not lend itself well to freezing. It will expand and likely break through the plastic container, leaving a lovely mess in your freezer and some wasted product........

The previously posted advice was for smoothies, not juices!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Star Wars Rapid Attack vehicles & figure for €3.25 in Tesco Arklow on rh side near the tv's.(Some other toys reduced in that section also). Only a few left as I got 4 of them for the little fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

I have made some tastey ice pops with this juice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Juices freeze well, but remember to empty the bottle a bit to let the liquid expand. This is true of all bottles you put in the freezer, BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 37 trelemenele

Tesco Clearwater, Technika Signature laptop bag. Was 54 euro, now 13.74.
    Bought one today, very good price for a decent laptop bag. Can't get any better for that price.

I like the sound of tasty ice pops

Oh no.... Diet has been destroyed! 400g cadbury fruit n nut 2.26 and 400g cadbury dairy milk 2.41. I just had to buy both.
    Tesco Extra Naas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Lots of bulbs in the clearance section of tesco roscommon. Halogen candle and small bayonet and a few gu10s and mr16.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Innocent juice was back to 2 for 4 euro today.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Chocolate Philadelphia €2.05 each or 2 for €2. In Roselawn but assume nationwide

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

swampy353 wrote: »
    Chocolate Philadelphia €2.05 each or 2 for €2. In Roselawn but assume nationwide

Yep, saw that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

got a thorntons easter egg in tullamore today,300g egg and choccies reduced to 2 euro, near the 1kg bunnys. didnt last thou, its a long drive back to dublin with all that chocolate beside you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

10 x 440ml (box) cans of Stella Arttois 4% beer for €7.50,also the 12 x 500ml packs of Tuborg are back to €10 .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement