Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

"Dulux Perfect Cover" paint roller and tray (fancy roller with a cleaning squeegee on it) €3.75 in Tesco Maynooth, two or three left on Saturday. Same one is €12:50 in B &Q

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭bren2001

DavyC2 wrote: »
    "Dulux Perfect Cover" paint roller and tray (fancy roller with a cleaning squeegee on it) €3.75 in Tesco Maynooth, two or three left on Saturday. Same one is €12:50 in B &Q

That is their normal price. Tesco Clarehall usually only stock 6 at a time. I think they are brilliant for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

bren2001 wrote: »
    That is their normal price. Tesco Clarehall usually only stock 6 at a time. I think they are brilliant for the price.

Thought that when I saw the the white label, didn't use it yet but looks like great value, I was delighted with myself when I saw the squeegee cleaning thing and the little notch for holding the roller in place and then I slapped myself for getting excited about a paint roller.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

jOc3Cm7.jpg?1HVLp7AV.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

For anyone that has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7", there are original Samsung covers in Tesco Arklow for 2.24.
    Colours available red,blue and white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭deadybai

Seen Call of Duty Ghosts (PS3 and Xbox 360) for 10e in Tesco Lisduggan.

Also seen a label for Battlefield 4 and Far Cry Expedition for 10e but unfortunately the game wasn't to be found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Vtech toot toot animal and drivers €3.75 each in tesco! They are €8.99 each in Smyths and other toy shops. My little ones love them! Picked up a couple more tonight as thought €3.75 was great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭mac1961

The new tesco shopping app has a barcode scanner on it, which could be handy if you shop in a tesco store thats doesn't have a scanner.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

mac1961 wrote: »
    The new tesco shopping app has a barcode scanner on it, which could be handy if you shop in a tesco store thats doesn't have a scanner.

Whats the name of the App- I'm looking at the Playstore- I can't figure which one it is. Thanks!

Edit- got it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

mac1961 wrote: »
    Got excited - see it here http://www.tesco.ie/apps/ Android and iPhone versions, but no Windows app (bah!)

Have you used the scanner in store to check prices?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Whats the name of the App- I'm looking at the Playstore- I can't figure which one it is. Thanks!

Edit- got it. Thanks.

Link please? :)

Edit: link above

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

leck wrote: »
    Got excited - see it here http://www.tesco.ie/apps/ Android and iPhone versions, but no Windows app (bah!)

Have you used the scanner in store to check prices?

I've just ran around the kitchen here- scanned a few jars of coffee, a bag of sugar, milk, a pack of cookies and a tube of smarties. Its fast, very responsive, and piggybacks on your phone's focus correction to scan the barcodes rapidly and accurately. Even shaking the phone- I still got consistent reads. Mental note to self- 100grm Kenco Colombian has gone back up to 6.57- take it off my shopping list for tomorrow.........

There is a barcode scan icon at the top right hand corner on the App screen- which launches it immediately- and once it scans the barcode it retrieves a description photo and price from the main Tesco website and brings these back to you.

The whole idea is that you'd use it to shop online from home- i.e. you'd wander around the kitchen/bathroom- scanning the barcodes on whatever you're running short of- and order directly from the App.

If you want to do this- don't. It crashes before you can check out. Seems to be buggy on both Android and iOS- lots of complaints in the comments about it. The barcode scanner itself is really good though.

Would be handy if you are shopping in Dunnes/SuperValu and want to see if tesco are cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Would be handy if you are shopping in Dunnes/SuperValu and want to see if tesco are cheaper.

Reviews of the latest update are anything but good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I've just ran around the kitchen here- scanned a few jars of coffee, a bag of sugar, milk, a pack of cookies and a tube of smarties. Its fast, very responsive, and piggybacks on your phone's focus correction to scan the barcodes rapidly and accurately. Even shaking the phone- I still got consistent reads. Mental note to self- 100grm Kenco Colombian has gone back up to 6.57- take it off my shopping list for tomorrow.........

There is a barcode scan icon at the top right hand corner on the App screen- which launches it immediately- and once it scans the barcode it retrieves a description photo and price from the main Tesco website and brings these back to you.

The whole idea is that you'd use it to shop online from home- i.e. you'd wander around the kitchen/bathroom- scanning the barcodes on whatever you're running short of- and order directly from the App.

If you want to do this- don't. It crashes before you can check out. Seems to be buggy on both Android and iOS- lots of complaints in the comments about it. The barcode scanner itself is really good though.

Could still be very handy for making shopping lists throughout the week. When you notice you're getting low on something, just scan it and it's added to your list for the shopping at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

Quazzie wrote: »
    Could still be very handy for making shopping lists throughout the week. When you notice you're getting low on something, just scan it and it's added to your list for the shopping at the weekend.

totally way off topic,
    talking of lists,
    if you have a smartphone
    use the wunderlist app
    its especially good if you want to share lists with two or more people.

android app https://goo.gl/kP146I

itunes https://goo.gl/ohCIur

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

12 posts left, lets see some bargains. 3 select 3 packs of cadburys bars for €3, double decker was my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

th283 wrote: »
    10 piece car bulb replacement set (7 bulbs, 3 fuses) €1.12 in tesco Tralee. Also loads of Goodall and tesco own brand herbs and spices half price or less

Picked couple of them at the weekend, great spare kit for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Maybe that Tesco app thing deserves its own thread?

We're near the 10k post limit, only took 3 and a half years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'm gonna miss this thread.

Plenty of proper bargains back in the day (1c bluray player anyone?). Don't think we'll see it's like again.

Goodbye dear friend.

There will be part 2 y know !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Found the bargain of the week - this Magicbox Prism DAB Radio. This was in Mayo. I think the radio was originally 39.99, was on clearance for a long time at 9.74 but they still had original tags up on the shelf. Yesterday saw it was still there. Used price checker and came up at 19c, so headed straight to self-checkout.

It's a DAB radio, which doesn't work in the west, but 19c is fine for FM only.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

vicwatson wrote: »
    There will be part 2 y know !

It'll never be as good as pt 1, sadly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Soarer wrote: »
    I'm gonna miss this thread.

Plenty of proper bargains back in the day (1c bluray player anyone?). Don't think we'll see it's like again.

Goodbye dear friend.

my first 10k thread :)

can't believe it's been 3&1/2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Thanks everyone for all the bargains. I got some good ones. But nothing like a dab radio for 19c.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Did I win?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Too slow buddy!! Go me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement