Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Tesco stillorgan yesterday had two pink technika 4gb mp3 players. They had the old green packaging, checked the price 55cent each, I bought the two.

They must have been recently put on the shelf as they weren't there last week.

Did they only have the 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Did they only have the 2?

Yes, only the two i bought

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Spotted three Nintendo DS Lites (Pink) in Clarehall Tesco for €50 each ..

They were in a display cabinet near the Tesco Mobile section along with a load of IPod Nano's (7th Gen) reduced down to €99 (from €169)

41pijwYZU7L.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

RayCon wrote: »

They were in a display cabinet near the Tesco Mobile section along with a load of IPod Nano's (7th Gen) reduced down to €99 (from €169)

41pijwYZU7L.jpg

They're completely outdated at this stage. It might seem like a bargain but considering every game coming out now is for the 3DS (which will also play your standard DS games), any game you can play on it will be at least a couple of years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

RayCon wrote: »

41pijwYZU7L.jpg

How likely do you think it would be getting the Nintendo at the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

They're completely outdated at this stage. It might seem like a bargain but considering every game coming out now is for the 3DS (which will also play your standard DS games), any game you can play on it will be at least a couple of years old.

While true, you aren't going to get a 3ds for anywhere near €50. I dont think its a mega mega bargain but it would definitely keep a kid entertained

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

While true, you aren't going to get a 3ds for anywhere near €50. I dont think its a mega mega bargain but it would definitely keep a kid entertained

Personally, if I was buying for a kid, I'd keep the money and put it towards a 2DS. We went through about 4 DS consoles in our house from the hinges breaking or wearing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

has anyone seen 50" tv's at sale prices? There are 32 and 40" toshiba's and samsungs at decent prices but the local stores here don't stock bigger TV's anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

the second hand one i bought for €10 on Adverts is keeping my kids quiet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Lots of Christmas things reduced in Castlebar.
    Wrapping paper down to 13 cent as another poster said
    Gift tags between 12 and 19cent
    Large set of baubles (3pks left of black and gold) for 28cent
    Packets of christmas cards down to 14cent
    (Cancer society ones scanning at €2)

The best bargain I got was santa coir mats - was €14 - down to 70cent - about 5 left this eve.

Thanks to the poster who posted about the Xmas bargains!! .... Oh and they were all priced higher on the shelves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

ablelocks wrote: »
    has anyone seen 50" tv's at sale prices? There are 32 and 40" toshiba's and samsungs at decent prices but the local stores here don't stock bigger TV's anymore.

Naas had a couple of 48" Toshibas a couple of days ago for about €450/€480

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Seve OB wrote:
    the second hand one i bought for €10 on Adverts is keeping my kids quiet 

50 quid would get you a second hand DS and a few games on adverts probably

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

wilser wrote: »
    Naas had a couple of 48" Toshibas a couple of days ago for about €450/€480

Argos have 50" TVs for around the same price. None of these TVs would be anything amazing but for that price one couldn't really complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

sweetie wrote: »
    50 quid would get you a second hand DS and a few games on adverts probably

Not sure what you mean.... 50 quid? Like I already said, I got one on adverts for€10 which came with 2 games. Got another one camera version for 30 which came with case and 6 or 7 games

All got on adverts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Only wrote: »
    L
    Large set of baubles (3pks left of black and gold) for 28cent

saw these in my local too.
    is it wrong that when I spotted them this is the first thing I thought of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHuebHTD-lY

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭projektzwoo

Windows 8 Pro 47.99 at Tesco Douglas Cork. When you enter the tesco there are kinda bergain buskets just before the stairs (movies, clothes etc inside). Was 10+ of them yesterday there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Windows 8 Pro 47.99 at Tesco Douglas Cork. When you enter the tesco there are kinda bergain buskets just before the stairs (movies, clothes etc inside). Was 10+ of them yesterday there.

If you have windows 7 hold out for the free upgrade to windows 10 instead of buying this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

In tesco douglas today upstairs they have a display of pens/and refill pads/notebooks,

i bought BIC blue pens 10pk marked €2 scanned €1.50,

Bic highlighters yellow/green/pink 3pk, marked €2 scanned €0.14.

as far as i saw (but double check) everything marked at €3 on a yellow label was scanning at 2.25. (one of the BIC three way colour pens, (either bic or crayola i cannot remember) colouring pencils/markers...etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Don't know if this has been posted yet but Tesco Tullow has two big baskets of clearance items just inside the door; Sennheiser earphones originally €21.99, reduced sticker states €11.00, but scanned at €7.50. Sennheiser headphones, reduced from €28 to €17 on the sticker but scanned at €12.50. Smart Blu-Ray players for €50 odd, single bed linen sets and gum shields and radios, not sure how much they were but everything we checked was scanning at less than the yellow sticker said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Ballybrack- nexus 7 16gb €89.07, haven't opened it yet so don't know if its 2012 or 2013 , good price either model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

damian139 wrote: »
    Ballybrack- nexus 7 16gb €89.07, haven't opened it yet so don't know if its 2012 or 2013 , good price either model
    Let us know -if it's 2013, it would be an amazing price. A lot of the available 2012 models are refurbished ones, would be interesting if it was new.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

For those of you with smallies this was €8.62 in Tesco Celbridge tonight. Got one for my niece :)

http://www.tesco.com/direct/doc-mcstuffins-move-n-groove-scooter/775-1403.prd

KOR101 wrote: »
    Let us know -if it's 2013, it would be an amazing price. A lot of the available 2012 models are refurbished ones, would be interesting if it was new.

Going by the serial number I'd suspect its 2012. There was no suggestion instore that it was a refurb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Going by the serial number I'd suspect its 2012. There was no suggestion instore that it was a refurb
    Do you know the RAM. If it's 2GB it's the 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Sennheiser Cx 160 snug fit ear buds.

price tag is 29.99.

Scanning at 11.25.

Tesco Extra Naas.

KOR101 wrote: »
    Do you know the RAM. If it's 2GB it's the 2013.

Definitely 2012- front facing camera only.

Prestone 4L screen wash reduced from €9 to €5 and scanning at €3.75

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Philips electric razor reduced to half price from €140. Got one in Nenagh today. Not in any barging bins but on shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Black box 2012, blue box 2013 for Nexus 7.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Definitely 2012- front facing camera only.

Decent price nonetheless if brand new.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement