Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Anyone see any wifi printers reduced in any Tescos ? Need to get one and hoping to pick up a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

deisediva wrote: »
    Anyone see any wifi printers reduced in any Tescos ? Need to get one and hoping to pick up a bargain.
    They seem to have quite a number of different printer models at the moment, so I'm also hoping to see some clearance on them soon. I can't imagine there is a big demand for them.

Glad to see Tesco Claremorris has restored their small clearance section. It was gone for the last couple of months.

Got Botanical Four-Pocket Garden Apron yesterday, reduced from 14 to 3.50, part of Christmas clearance.

Has anyone found any reduced power banks lately? Saw three different models in Castlebar yesterday, but all scanned at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

garbeth wrote: »
    Got one of these irons in Newbridge Kildare. One more left on top shelf of eltricsl goods. None in Naas or Kildare town. It has to be the one with the watch best buy logo on the front. Otherwise it's full price.

Hi anyone see these close to clarehall (none there) and desperate for one but couldnt afford it at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Just to update got a HP 2544 printer wifi in Ardkeen Waterford reduced to €49.00 had a competitor voucher for €10 off a €50 spend so a bar of chocolate with it and printer was then down to €40 . Its a smartphone/tablet print/scan and copy just set it up on the laptop and works fine will do the job.
    Comes with small ink cartridges so priced them and about €16 for the black ink in Tesco imagine I will find cheaper somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

http://www.cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-5349-2418-15-6-celeron-b815-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-4-gb-ram-320-gb-hdd/specs/

Acer aspire 5349
    Ram is 6gb
    HDD 750gb

Its only a celeron though
    But for the price of 209 its a bloody good find
    Spotted in omni
    There was only one left though
    Hope someone gets it and not gone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's a great price, compared to the Dell on offer for a similar price this one has an optical drive and a better processor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

That's a great price, compared to the Dell on offer for a similar price this one has an optical drive and a better processor.

This is a Q1 2012 laptop- versus the Dell is a Q2 2014 laptop.
    The processor is in the Dell is vastly more power efficient than the one in the Acer- but from a performance perspective- they are probably up there similar to one another (the graphics in the Acer may be very slightly better).

Personally I'd go with the Dell- the BIOS in the Acer has an annoying whitelist associated with it (aka- you can't upgrade the wifi card etc- what you see is what you get).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Now in fairness that's just nitpicking. 99% of people who buy a laptop have no interest in upgrading their wifi card, and the Acer is certainly a better processor - it's a 'proper' Sandybridge Celeron, the one in the Dell is an Atom-based Celeron.

For those who keep asking 'can it run x and y', the Acer is a much better buy.

Tesco Finest Porchetta 120g, 62c (was 2.50), exp date mid-Feb. Was with other prepacked sliced meats.

Also:
    Tesco Finest Italian Salami Milano 90g, 1.25 (was 2.50).
    Tesco Finest Italian Pepperoni 120g
    62c
    Tesco Finest Mortadella 140g 62c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭ablelocks

not sure if this is an actual bargain or not, but in crescent sc in limerick there is an Asus Transformer Book at €349 (hand-written sticker, says rrp is €650)

The Hobbit - Desolation of Smaug on blu-ray is marked €22.99 but scanning at €15 (the standard bluray, not the 3d version)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Has anyone any idea *which* the Asus Transformer Book is?
    Aka- which model- specs etc.?
    Looking at generic searches for Transformer Books on Argos/PC World/Saveonlaptops and a few different sites- has thrown up a few different models- with varying price tags between 164 and 950 Euro. Theres even a Core i7 in there!
    This might be a remarkable bargain- or it might be well missable- depending on which one it is...........

• Registered Users Posts: 46 autoboi

Hi folks,

Got a 2200w Steam Iron in Tesco on the Navan road last night - €4.24!
    Its green and white. Had a look on their website but couldn't see the one I bought. (it looks like an iron!)

It was the last one they had in that store though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Might be a bargain for someone who does online shopping. I have 3 codes for €15, €10 and €15 off 3 €60 shops pm me if you want it. Won't be able to respond for a while but up for grabs!
    Codes gone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Golden Island Athlone, pack of 50 XMas decorations.
    €12.50 to €7 to 28c, about a dozen or so left a half hour ago

2m6lvtx.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

RayCon wrote: »
    Amethyst : The Block bluetooth speaker .... reduced to clear @ €20 ... spotted 2 in Tesco Celbridge.

hqdefault.jpg

These are 15 in DID today only :pac:

http://www.did.ie/amethyst-the-block-bluetooth-speaker-in-red-ablum1-r-prd

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Orchid

Christmas crackers down to 69c from 9.75e in Tesco Mahon.

autoboi wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Got a 2200w Steam Iron in Tesco on the Navan road last night - €4.24!
    Its green and white. Had a look on their website but couldn't see the one I bought. (it looks like an iron!)

It was the last one they had in that store though :)
    Is it Tesco-branded? What is the UPC code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

"Notes" A5 project notebook, 125 lined pages with sections, spiral bound, 67cent. killarney but prob everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Laptop in Tesco Dundrum.
    Asus X550, Intel Celeron Processor 1007U, 15.6 LED Display, 6GB, 1TB, Windows 8, Red or White finish for €399.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Christmas wrapping paper gone down to 0.13c in ballincollig, same everywhere I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ky Abu

€10 in Tesco Manor Tralee.
    Just bought 30 mins ago and for size very good sound. Just bought it to boost speaker sound my laptop gives.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭guil

Ky Abu wrote: »
    Just bought 30 mins ago and for size very good sound. Just bought it to boost speaker sound my laptop gives.

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ky Abu

A Veho 360 Portable Speaker.

They were on sale a number of months ago at €10 and reported at €6.20 in September.

This is white version on Amazon: Veho-VSS-007-360BT

I get the impression that Tesco start to pull out lots of old stuff from the back once the major clearance begins, some of it left over from previous attempts to clear it. In Claremorris today, large areas in household were cleared out since yesterday and are now being restocked. I expect to see a lot of the old stuff from those shelves come back in to the clearance area.

Christmas wrapping paper gone down to 0.13c in ballincollig, same everywhere I'd say.
    Also tissue paper at 14c/pack but oddly the Christmas cards that I checked were still full price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Managed to get one of those Bluetooth Block for €15 in DID. Serious bargain. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Has anyone any idea *which* the Asus Transformer Book is?
    Aka- which model- specs etc.?
    Looking at generic searches for Transformer Books on Argos/PC World/Saveonlaptops and a few different sites- has thrown up a few different models- with varying price tags between 164 and 950 Euro. Theres even a Core i7 in there!
    This might be a remarkable bargain- or it might be well missable- depending on which one it is...........

I can check further tomorrow night but I think the only one that ever came in was the T100

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transformer-10-1-inch-Convertible-Processor-Touchscreen/dp/B00G4E60UA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1421713190&sr=1-1&keywords=t100

Low memory, but takes a 32g SD card.

T200 500g is 400 odd in Harvey Norman

Also yellow sticker with handwritten price could be a local mark down, so not the same price everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Angel2013

Tesco Luxury Gingerbread Man Christmas Cards 0.13c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Crazy prices Weds - Sun

Kittensoft 24 roll pack = €8

Cornflakes 750g = €1.99

Surf tropical lily 90 wash washing powder = €15

http://www.tesco.ie/freshvalue/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

Tesco stillorgan yesterday had two pink technika 4gb mp3 players. They had the old green packaging, checked the price 55cent each, I bought the two.

They must have been recently put on the shelf as they weren't there last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement