Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

Sorry guys its on there website here - 500g is 2.09e and 1kg is 2.04e

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?notepad=kerrymaid

And its Kerrymaid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sorry guys its on there website here - 500g is 2.09e and 1kg is 2.04e

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?notepad=kerrymaid

And its Kerrymaid

Dairy spread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭degsie

KerryMAID is not KerryGOLD!

athtrasna wrote: »
    Dairy spread ;)

Its a spread made with buttermilk
    Seems fine to me - I like it and liked its price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

vicwatson wrote: »
    KerryMAID not KerryGOLD
    athtrasna wrote: »
    Except the poster referred to Kerrymaid, which is a spread (fake butter) not Kerrygold (actual butter).
    Ah, my mistake. I saw butter and assumed Kerrygold.

• Advertisement

leck wrote: »
    Ah, my mistake. I saw butter and assumed Kerrygold.

That's just it, you DIDN'T see butter ;)

How can Tesco justify a price of 2.09e for 500g and beside it sell 1kg for 2.04e ?
    Are Irish consumers that foolish , that they would actually buy the smaller tub and pay more money for it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

How can Tesco justify a price of 2.09e for 500g and beside it sell 1kg for 2.04e ?
    Are Irish consumers that foolish , that they would actually buy the smaller tub and pay more money for it ?
    Company promotion on the big one is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

there are people that would only use a small amount of it and families that would use the larger one for someone that uses very little it would make no sense to buy the larger one regardless of the price

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Justification: That's the promotional price, buy it or don't buy it. /end justification

• Advertisement

I can't believe we are discussing butter. Let's stop spreading this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

They must be discontinuing the products although they're still available on the UK website?

Both Mortadello and Porcetta are reduced to 63c per pack (140g):eek:. Dates are until the end of January. They also have Spanish and Italian Antipasto platters reduced to €1! All these will freeze. They're great on pizzas!

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=273636475

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=277686322

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Family version of Trivial Pursuit board game reduced to €8.63 in Tesco Maynooth. Loads of them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

degsie wrote: »
    I can't believe we are discussing butter. Let's stop spreading this out.

Damn, beat me to, I cant believe its not butter

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

I could never understand how someone would spend more money on the smaller item, until I got married. :confused: Now my wife will give out to me if I buy a big clumsy tub of butter, even if it was less than the smaller one! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

There is a basket of electric stuff in Balbriggan. Various types of (wireless I think) computer mouses, Seinnheiser ear phones (in ear), one Fuji camera, one sat nav (Tom Tom I think), Microsoft Office 8.

The top floor to the right of the self service checkouts as you're standing in the shop looking out into the shopping centre iykwim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

SeamusFX wrote: »
    I could never understand how someone would spend more money on the smaller item, until I got married. :confused: Now my wife will give out to me if I buy a big clumsy tub of butter, even if it was less than the smaller one! :eek:

Yes, unless you use the quantity and its cheaper to buy in bulk, but as mentioned recently, sometimes it is cheaper to buy a number of smaller items,I think they like to keep people on their toes and expect most people will assume the bigger item is cheaper per volume or weight and go for it on that basis, buying more and not at a cheaper price.
    Depends on what storage you have too.
    But a large tub of margarine as an example (I only use butter now) could get a bit grubby (toast crumbs and the like) unless it was used quickly.

Having said that, sometimes the smaller item for a bit more is the item, size and quantity people need even if it is a bit more in cost. Probably wouldnt sell them otherwise, ie they know people will buy them, from purchasing information/reward cards or other surveys?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

there are people that would only use a small amount of it and families that would use the larger one for someone that uses very little it would make no sense to buy the larger one regardless of the price

bigger tubs would have nearby useby date simple !!! why is everyone amused if a bigger item is cheaper than smaller one....?? have seen it many times....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

bigger tubs would have nearby useby date simple !!! why is everyone amused if a bigger item is cheaper than smaller one....?? have seen it so many times....

tharmor wrote: »
    bigger tubs would have nearby useby date simple !!! why is everyone amused if a bigger item is cheaper than smaller one....?? have seen it so many times....

Some just don't get out much ;)

• Advertisement

why is everyone amused if a bigger item is cheaper than smaller one..

I really don't give a sh*t. I just keep hoping someone might post a bargain. Ridiculous of me I know. :)

You should say that the other way around :
    Why are some people amused if a smaller item is dearer than bigger item''

It makes little of the thread '' bargain alerts '' to attempt to instill into the brains of us consumers that its simply sometimes better value to pay more for just half of any item.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

I bought a Transformers beach towel for my nephew at 4.30pm today in Tesco Balbriggan for €3.50, there's one left.

Quality wise; It's a very thin towel, the type that people buy on a sun holiday and then leave behind BUT it's a Transformers towel !

http://www.tesco.com/direct/transformers-towel/194-3601.prd

194-3601_PI_TPS2186433?wid=493&ht=538http:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

KerryMaid is 49% fat the rest is mostly water

vegetable oil + buttermilk

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

Was in tesco Douglas this am and scanned the rolson torches which I think were mentioned back a few pages. They were all scanning as priced ie €5 and €10. However, I also scanned a tesco "Cree aluminium torch (2d)" which was priced at €10 odd but scanned at €2.78. Fine bit of kit. Two left this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Vultures today in Clarehall grabbing at everything got Pikmin 1 for Wii for €3 and got Mario Winter Olympics DS for free with it. Pokemon Soul Silver was €5 yesterday buy all snapped up, Gougers beware I'm a comin for ya if you even try to sell it in my line of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

guil wrote: »
    Belkin 2.1 amp home charger down to €1.10 from €18.26
    There's 2 left on Newbridge.
    Found one in Castlebar today for €1.10. Barcode is 722868930588. It was the only one on the shelf next to the Belkin accessories in newer packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

Some reasonable deals on toys in Tesco Stillorgan

Cosy Cafe was 11.24 now 1.99
    Turtles blimp was €34.99 now €11.66
    Cosy Village food bar was €13.59 now €3.37
    Razzle Dazzle light up beauty desk was €24.99 now €4.24
    Minnie Mouse polka dot house was €34.99 now €11.99

A few more bits as well, have pictures but not allowed to post them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Can we please stop talking about butter v margarine (food forum maybe) and big being cheaper than small (rip off Ireland forum maybe)

This is prime Tesco bargain time!

There are Furby booms in Tesco Ballinasloe for about €30 or so, but I think i bought one there this time last year for €13 or something so it might be worth holding out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

leck wrote: »
    Found one in Castlebar today for €1.10. Barcode is 722868930588. It was the only one on the shelf next to the Belkin accessories in newer packaging.

Thanks got one:-) sorry it was to guil;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement