Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

lindtee wrote: »
    Bah. I got a tip off from a nice boardsie that an electrical item had been reduced so I scanned it and indeed it had been reduced.....to 1c! I went to the self scanner probably looking as nervous as hell and scanned it through with another few things.....then the price was noticed and they couldnt sell it :( Ah sure it was worth a shot anyway!

if you would care to pm me ill see if i can get you one as well ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Bah. I got a tip off from a nice boardsie that an electrical item had been reduced so I scanned it and indeed it had been reduced.....to 1c! I went to the self scanner probably looking as nervous as hell and scanned it through with another few things.....then the price was noticed and they couldnt sell it :( Ah sure it was worth a shot anyway!

In the UK they reduced a lot of stuff to 1p so I doubt it was a mistake, they are basically giving the last bits of reduced stuff away...I had this last week when one of my items was €1 a staff member took it upon themselves to go check it out, when they went checking I just picked up another one and went to a different till....what was the item?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

If you could PM me too that would be great. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's a rampant wabbit model number H0t69

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

How come they couldn't sell it? Seems strange that they have the power to override the system price?!:confused:

P.S. It's probably been noticed by staff at this stage and the rest of them are gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's a rampant wabbit model number H0t69

thats the old model. Not a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Soarer wrote: »
    How come they couldn't sell it? Seems strange that they have the power to override the system price?!:confused:

P.S. It's probably been noticed by staff at this stage and the rest of them are gone.

Nothing in the store should be on sale for 1c.

1 cent items are wasted items and should not even be on the shelf. They are usually kept for charity . Or sent back to the distribution centres.

All the 1 cent items are not allowed to be sold . People who did get them on here slipped under the radar I guess. Lucky finds.

The Managers word is final in these matters and can over ride any sales matter. Its not that they want to refuse a sale, but its against their rules .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I got a few cds last night for 1c as per the post on the previous page afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi lindtee, could you possibly pm me the 1c item too?

Ta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

brokenarms wrote: »
    Nothing in the store should be on sale for 1c.

1 cent items are wasted items and should not even be on the shelf. They are usually kept for charity . Or sent back to the distribution centres.

All the 1 cent items are not allowed to be sold . People who did get them on here slipped under the radar I guess. Lucky finds.

The Managers word is final in these matters and can over ride any sales matter. Its not that they want to refuse a sale, but its against their rules .

Just to add. Be careful with these 1c items I have noticed head office tends to put most EPW (Emergency Product Withdrawals) down to 1c so they could also be faulty.

Bargain hunters

Planogram changes next week so prices cut this week on products in;

Mens Toiletries
    Household cleaning products, Dishwashing tablets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

Hi lindtee, could you possibly pm me the 1c item too?

Ta!

Could you PM me item??!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

msg11 wrote: »

Bargain hunters

Planogram changes next week so prices cut this week on products in;

Mens Toiletries
    Household cleaning products, Dishwashing tablets
    Does tesco sell men's edt's as I've never seen them in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭irishproduce

What is this mysterious product for a cent?
    I am going to pop in later and see if there is any mens items reduced too. Will post back

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Id also like to know what the 1c items are ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just buy your 1c stuff through self scan with another item.

Usually 1c stuff is never sold, its return to supplier / write off, but stores seem to be selling them this time. The printer cartridges are mostly 1c now as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If we knew what the 1c item was perhaps we could look for it and scan it through the self service checkout !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

vicwatson wrote: »
    If we knew what the 1c item was perhaps we could look for it and scan it through the self service checkout !!

Can someone just post what the item is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I am going to check another couple of stores for it so am not going to reveal it. It's an alarmed product so unlikely to get through without someone noticing though.

Hey Linda.

I just bought 2 of said 1c items in Mahon Point. Neither the same as yours...didn't have yours in stock. Did two seperate transactions at 2 seperate self serves as the alarms had to be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭hotshots85

Post or PM me what it is!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mudxfxa

could you pm me as well?

hotshots85 wrote: »
    Post or PM me what it is!!!

You'll have to ask nicer than that! ;)

Hey Linda.

I just bought 2 of said 1c items in Mahon Point. Neither the same as yours...didn't have yours in stock. Did two seperate transactions at 2 seperate self serves as the alarms had to be removed.

Did they not question you when they saw the price?! Fairly miffed now. Was going to go to Mahon on the way home earlier but didn't have the time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Could someone PM me what it is? heading to Tesco in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭col007

Would also love a pm please

This isn't the item in question, but if anyone can find a Samsung ue32eh4000 tv, they're scanning at 1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sallybongers

Hey :) could you let me know what the 1c item(s) are? I'll have to brave the rain and wind out in the Wesht :D

Pm me guys and gals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Can I get a PM pretty please too?

Did they not question you when they saw the price?! Fairly miffed now. Was going to go to Mahon on the way home earlier but didn't have the time. :(

Nope.

Picked up an 8 pack of Coke both times, made sure they saw me scanning and paying with seeing the screen, and then asked them to remove the alarm.

• Advertisement

Nope.

Picked up an 8 pack of Coke both times, made sure they saw me scanning and paying with seeing the screen, and then asked them to remove the alarm.

So you got 2 tvs for 2c :eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement