Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

jay0109 wrote: »
    Was in Tesco Rathfarnham earlier and no DVD's at the sale prices mentioned on these pages. typical
    In my experience, there is no consistency of pricing between tesco branches, whether on sale or not. Pricing may be linked to what the market will bear in individual areas. Tesco Galway tends to be cheaper than tesco Claremorris.

Aldi's prices are consistent throughout the RoI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

denis160 wrote: »
    Where about in the store ? Can never find anything reduced when I'm in it. Were they marked down or did you check price at scanner?

The toys were all in the baskets as you walk in, the ones with the grow your own pizza boxes for 2.50 and one direction calendars for 7.49!, by that freezer and the paper stand. All marked down with the rectangular barcoded labels showing previous price. There are a load of strange shaped light bulbs left and various printer ink cartridges. The hdmi thing was at end of aisle opposite the kids book section. There was 2 there this morning. It had a round 1 euro sticker on it, covering a hand written previously 23.99 sticker. Certainly not much else in there, think Carlow is generally crap compared to what other branches seem to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Jay, just wondering if you scanned them? Don't take the price displayed on the shelf as the price! Staff are either too busy, forgetful, lazy or maybe even haven't been told what the prices are supposed to be and to change the stickers. No harm in checking!

Nah, too many to start scanning on the off chance some might be for €1.
    Perhaps the much bigger Tesco in Dundrum has some

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

jay0109 wrote: »
    Nah, too many to start scanning on the off chance some might be for €1.
    Perhaps the much bigger Tesco in Dundrum has some

Tesco Dundrum is SHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOYYYYYTE. There's nothing there, save yourself a trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tesco Dundrum is SHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOYYYYYTE. There's nothing there, save yourself a trip!

+1
    Very poor selection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

rathfarnham and Nutgrove are worse. rarely has any bargains and things on sale elsewhere usually show full price there. 50c DVDs in dundrum were €5 in Nutgrove.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 noodles55

Was in kinnegad this evening and got toaster kettle and iron all around the 9 or 10 euro mark. They were all the breville brand. They also had the lego star wars dvd for 25 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Picked up a TP 200 Powerline adapter in Tesco in the Cresent Limerick for 15 euro. Saw a manager with a toshiba 32" flatscreen for 45 euro, Which amazingly was brought out from the warehouse just as he was passing.. Chap at the checkout said they had no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

Nenagh had nothing but old Nokia chargers and ink cartridges today. Two cameras left at €60.

Picked up a TP 200 Powerline adapter in Tesco in the Cresent Limerick for 15 euro. Saw a manager with a toshiba 32" flatscreen for 45 euro, Which amazingly was brought out from the warehouse just as he was passing.. Chap at the checkout said they had no more.

Just a coincidence……….:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Lol.

Preparing for Tesco Staff member to attack me now and say they're "entitled" to it!:D

• Advertisement

If anyone is looking for any of the stickers required to complete the form, I have over 100 of them that I won't be using after the monthly/big shop today.

PM me if you want them.

To clarify, I didn't spend a grand or anything like it but the lady at the till was dishing them out like confetti. She asked me was I collecting them and I replied that I wasn't but she still insisted on giving me more than 100!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Don't forget the staff discount :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭tall chapy

Tesco Tallaght had a few bins/baskets a the front.

25c Bluetooth headset (in your ear type)
    75c Police greatest hits CD
    25c USB Hub
    25c HDMI cable
    25c box home cutter set
    25c 8gb SD card
    25c 1gb creative Zen MP player

Had keyboards, monitor cables, USB cables and loads of crap....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

These baskets of crap are getting a bit much. There are one or two good things but you have to sort through loads of stuff first. Was in Midleton yesterday and they had 3 baskets of crap, did manage to get some a4 photo paper for 25c and some shaver adapter plugs for 15c but the few other bits I picked up were pure ****e (bouncy balls, pot pouri and other such stuff). Didn't manage to get any good bargains in Tesco since christmas besides the printer:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Three of these in Naas just now if anyone still wants a blu ray player. Forget the bargain baskets tho. COD3 @ 26.99€!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

lindtee wrote: »
    These baskets of crap are getting a bit much. There are one or two good things but you have to sort through loads of stuff first. Was in Midleton yesterday and they had 3 baskets of crap, did manage to get some a4 photo paper for 25c and some shaver adapter plugs for 15c but the few other bits I picked up were pure ****e (bouncy balls, pot pouri and other such stuff). Didn't manage to get any good bargains in Tesco since christmas besides the printer:(

The bouncy balls @ 10c are from the exercise aisle- and retail at nearly a fiver a pop. I got a half dozen of them for my munchkins- I can honestly say they have never had so much fun in all their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭uli84

Anything worth going in Clearwater at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

****ing nothing tullow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

uli84 wrote: »
    Anything worth going in Clearwater at this stage?
    probably not.
    there is one pes 2011 or maybe its fifa either way there is a sticker on it for 15, but the price scanner near the upc stand is working. that might be a euro.
    they were cleared of the kodak discs * only 2 packs by me earlier, and i didnt see any usb flash drives. didnt see any other games or anything else really i was looking for. nor did i see the breville toaster either.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

Bout a half doz of the breville kettles in Mahon point. Round €9.60 a pop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

A few kettles and irons left in nenagh in seasonal aisle

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Clare Hall had the following yesterday

1 x starfox for 3DS - €5
    10+ wreck it ralph on blu ray - €5
    1 x GoT season 2 on blu ray - €5........but box had some sticky stuff on it, could probably be wiped off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

bkrangle wrote: »
    1 x GoT season 2 on blu ray - €5........but box had some sticky stuff on it, could probably be wiped off

Sounds second hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Sounds second hand...

I'd guess someone working there spilt something on it.........was inside a plastic case but box damaged underneath that........would be very bad practice if it was full price

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Clearwater loads and loads of.......**ap today.
    Even the price scanner isn't working near the customer service desk.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Picked up an extra pair of halo toys for a euro each. A gears of war mini figure for 50c, pair of soft angry birds Star wars heads for 50c each. Coonagh again. No sign of any bargain videos.

bkrangle wrote: »
    Clare Hall had the following yesterday

1 x starfox for 3DS - €5
    10+ wreck it ralph on blu ray - €5

That's a flipping great price for GOT though, regardless of condition of the box (assuming the BR discs are fine of course).

Last time I looked it was £30+ sterling on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Can anyone tell me if they have anything in Mitchelstown store as I'd save a 30 min each way trip if there was nothing on offer.looking for cheap blu ray discs or dvds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

psychozeb wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if they have anything in Mitchelstown store as I'd save a 30 min each way trip if there was nothing on offer.looking for cheap blu ray discs or dvds.

went there this morning, they don't have much left at all, there is no price scanner either so we couldn't check the prices of somethings though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Didn't see any iPods In Wexford today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement