Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Amelia Jane

holly8 wrote: »
    I got 2 of the 19" toshiba tv in Galway the other evening for €75 each.

But then I found the toshiba 22" (€100) and 32" (€150) in Claremorris .... also the BT 710 double phone set for €10

If anyone here wants the 19" tvs, am happy to pass them on or will be returning them to tesco store on monday... have receipts too for 1 year warranty.

I work city centre, for easy collection, if anyone here interested:)

I'll take one of the TV's off your hands, if that's ok? I can meet you in the city tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

uli84 wrote: »
    Overall seems best bargains are in Cork stores :D

I wish! I've been in Douglas, Mahon and Wilton a good few times over the past week and have found absolutely nada.

I wonder if it's because I'm a blow-in? Maybe they scan you on the way in to make sure that you're pure Cork, like.

*Wanders off to Conspiracy Theories forum...*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

OK returned back from my treasure hunt - 3 stores and 3 hours later with a Philips DAB Radio :P

The stores visited - Rathfarnham, Nutgrove and Tallaght.

Got the Philips DAB Radio AE5010 for €30 in Tallaght. Not really a great bargain, probably saved a tenner from Amazon price. I just wasn't ready to return back empty handed. :D

Here what I saw found:
    Rathfarnham - Only a 320gb portable hard disk Toshiba for €50 down from €69 - not a bargain in IMO

Nutgrove:
    Sony RDP-M15iP - Portable Dock Speaker for iPod/iPhone for €25 each - good bargain
    2 available. They are in last row of the store. I have turned them around for the boardies so that the reduced price is not visible :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-RDPM15IPB-CEK-Portable-Speaker-iPhone/dp/B005QMJIZ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388872324&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+RDP-M15iP

Philips AquaTouch plus shaver AT896 - €60 - 2 available
    As soon as you enter the store they are in the left side on a stand marked bargain or something like that.

Pure One Classic DAB Radio - €50 - 3 available - Same place as above
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-Classic-Series-Portable-Radio/dp/B005OPKB1E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388872619&sr=8-1&keywords=pure+one+classic

Ipod Nano 16gb - €125 - 4 available - Same place as above and probably the same price as Amazon

Philips DS3110 Speaker for iPod/iPhone €20 - 1 available - good bargain
    They are in the back row

Lots of ink cartridges etc

Tallaght:
    Philips DAB radio - The one I got - €30 - 1 more available
    Epson printer - €20 - 1 available
    Pure One Mi - €30 - 1 available

That is all for now. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Beadyeye

coldfire1x wrote: »
    OK returned back from my treasure hunt - 3 stores and 3 hours later with a Philips DAB Radio :P

The stores visited - Rathfarnham, Nutgrove and Tallaght.

Got the Philips DAB Radio AE5010 for €30 in Tallaght. Not really a great bargain, probably saved a tenner from Amazon price. I just wasn't ready to return back empty handed. :D

Here what I saw found:
    Rathfarnham - Only a 320gb portable hard disk Toshiba for €50 down from €69 - not a bargain in IMO

Nutgrove:
    Sony RDP-M15iP - Portable Dock Speaker for iPod/iPhone for €25 each - good bargain
    2 available. They are in last row of the store. I have turned them around for the boardies so that the reduced price is not visible :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-RDPM15IPB-CEK-Portable-Speaker-iPhone/dp/B005QMJIZ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388872324&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+RDP-M15iP

Philips AquaTouch plus shaver AT896 - €60 - 2 available
    As soon as you enter the store they are in the left side on a stand marked bargain or something like that.

Pure One Classic DAB Radio - €50 - 3 available - Same place as above
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-Classic-Series-Portable-Radio/dp/B005OPKB1E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388872619&sr=8-1&keywords=pure+one+classic

Ipod Nano 16gb - €125 - 4 available - Same place as above and probably the same price as Amazon

Philips DS3110 Speaker for iPod/iPhone €20 - 1 available - good bargain
    They are in the back row

Lots of ink cartridges etc

Tallaght:
    Philips DAB radio - The one I got - €30 - 1 more available
    Epson printer - €20 - 1 available
    Pure One Mi - €30 - 1 available

That is all for now. :cool:

I was at the Tallaght tesco hours ago, and no Epson printers were there. Where did you spot it?

Beadyeye wrote: »
    I was at the Tallaght tesco hours ago, and no Epson printers were there. Where did you spot it?

It was just opposite the prescription drugs - the new counter beside the mobile phone store.

• Advertisement

coldfire1x wrote: »
    It was just opposite the prescription drugs - the new counter beside the mobile phone store.

I seen printer's, but no Epson, bottom shelf was stacked full of printer paper, checked behind and all, was sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bucksja

nothing there or in cork at all i'd say only the 19" Toshiba TV's for 75 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Beadyeye wrote: »
    I seen printer's, but no Epson, bottom shelf was stacked full of printer paper, checked behind and all, was sickened.

I posted about the printers in Tallaght last night but saw none there at 6 p.m. today.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

I'll take one of the TV's off your hands, if that's ok? I can meet you in the city tomorrow?

sent u pm

Libera wrote: »
    I posted about the printers in Tallaght last night but saw none there at 6 p.m. today.

I only saw one today. It actually was on the ground not on the shelf itself. Looks like someone picked it and then dumped it back or the staff may be moving it around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I went into Tesco in Swinford in mayo today and got a 32GB Ipod touch for €100 and the previous gen Nano for €20, absolute bargain. only got them because of this thread as they didn't have any Apple stuff on display in the shop at all, I asked a staff member and he bought them in from the warehouse. I would imagine great deals like that would be on display

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

rustynutz wrote: »
    I went into Tesco in Swinford in mayo today and got a 32GB Ipod touch for €100 and the previous gen Nano for €20, absolute bargain. only got them because of this thread as they didn't have any Apple stuff on display in the shop at all, I asked a staff member and he bought them in from the warehouse. I would imagine great deals like that would be on display

Did I see you in Tesco Swinford Today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭emo72

which generation touch was that? surely not 5th?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Did I see you in Tesco Swinford Today?[/QUO
    Brian-you are sounding desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Any deals on tv's there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Makood wrote: »
    Did I see you in Tesco Swinford Today?[/QUO
    Brian-you are sounding desperate!!

7RgCGi.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭mobby

Picked up a Toshiba 19" TV for €75 in Celbridge store this evening still had about 5/6 left. not a bad little TV for the money. model is 19EL833 widescreen, comes with Saorview, sound a bit on the thin side. great price very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Got my samsung bde5500 in Swinford last week for 30 had a good amount of bargains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

mobby wrote: »
    Picked up a Toshiba 19" TV for €75 in Celbridge store this evening still had about 5/6 left. not a bad little TV for the money. model is 19EL833 widescreen, comes with Saorview, sound a bit on the thin side. great price very happy.

Anything else in Celbridge?

mobby wrote: »

Good stuff, one bargain got. Did you see any Epson printers reduced? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anything else in Celbridge?

Sweet damn all. Lots of things scanning at full price. There may be more stuff in the stock room- but they're keeping damn quiet about it, if there is. Lucan is the same.

They have some Oral B Professional 300 toothbrushes @ 37.81 (? don't know what the odd amount is in aid of). Seeing as they're on special on Amazon for less than this- I don't really classify it as an 'offer'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Sweet damn all. Lots of things scanning at full price. There may be more stuff in the stock room- but they're keeping damn quiet about it, if there is. Lucan is the same.

Cork is the same, its a catch 22 as they have all electrical stuff in the stock rooms so as soon as you request something that is on offer its "out of stock" or saying "there is only 1 left"

went to mahon point yesterday (Sunday) only to see the ps3 (empty) box back on the shelf, (saturday my husband was told the one he got was the last one)

so brought it up to Customer care to buy it for my aunt, and a different staff member kindly told us the last one was sold the hour previously, can only assume the staff member on saturday had a reason to keep one ps3 there till sunday.

went to douglas and said we'd ask there again, again staff checks stock, says there is none there, but as soon as he thought we were gone saw him walking noticeably faster to the stock room. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You were hoodwinked.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Cork is the same, its a catch 22 as they have all electrical stuff in the stock rooms so as soon as you request something that is on offer its "out of stock" or saying "there is only 1 left"

went to mahon point yesterday (Sunday) only to see the ps3 (empty) box back on the shelf, (saturday my husband was told the one he got was the last one)

so brought it up to Customer care to buy it for my aunt, and a different staff member kindly told us the last one was sold the hour previously, can only assume the staff member on saturday had a reason to keep one ps3 there till sunday.

went to douglas and said we'd ask there again, again staff checks stock, says there is none there, but as soon as he thought we were gone saw him walking noticeably faster to the stock room. :mad:

I was in Mahon Point at 10.30 yesterday morning and saw a guy heading to the counter with a PS3 box. I was after a soundbar but had no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dublin8681

Clarehall - wired Internet - smart blu ray DVD player - €15

Clarehall - €25 - sony wireless smart blu ray

Clearwater - €6.50 - 3 user Microsoft office

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

dublin8681 wrote: »
    Clearwater - €6.50 - 3 user Microsoft office

Any more left?

Any more left?

Only one I cud see there but never know might have more somewhere else.... It was just in the bargain basket that was near the entrance

• Advertisement

dublin8681 wrote: »
    Only one I cud see there but never know might have more somewhere else.... It was just in the bargain basket that was near the entrance

Thanks for the info, was there many of the wireless Sony BD players left? Also any Epson printers?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement