Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I have decided to go on a treasure hunt, planning to drop into at least 3 stores in next 3 hours :o:)

I will have a 'Boards Bargain Alerts' placard with me. If you do spot me, stop me for a word of encouragement :p :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Any bargains still in Mahon Point? Tv's or saorview boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just back from Tesco Clearwater in Finglas. Was on the lookout for a wifi printer with Airprint for under 50 quid, no joy. Also there was none of the 35 euro Toshiba soundbars mentioned in Mahon Point store. They didnt have any bargains down there that I saw, bit of a wasted trip really...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

If I ring up a store asking about particular items and the amount of stock they have will they tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

I have been trying to get through to Clarehall store in Dublin, but nobody answers....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Another poster commented during the week that the store wouldn't give any info over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

No more Toshiba soundbars at Mahon point but did manage to get the display model of this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orbitsound-OST9B-T9-Soundbar-Black/dp/B008RXXLGM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top for €40 (thanks to a very helpful member of staff who told me about it when I asked about the Toshiba). It gets fantastic reviews so I hope it's in good nick when I set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

There's a 32inch Sony bravia 3d on display in naas. I don't know if they'll sell it but I got the same model in maynooth for €135. €150 with a 10% discount.

32ex723.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Damn you all, just back myself from tesco Mahon point. Went down to look for a sound bar to go with the tv and 3d blu ray player we got previously, none of which we needed btw:mad: As I was looking a guy came out carrying a large box, I nabbed him to do a price check on the Roth sound bar (€50 reduced from €179) he offered me the box. Goodmans home cinema system (17.50) feckity feck I took it also got an 8g micro sd card €10. Not sure if we need both the sound bar and cinema system if my hubby decides against the soundbar, first reply can have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Saw someone walk out of Douglas with a 32 inch Toshiba for 150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

Hi Now online, i'll take the Roth soundbar if you don't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

naas and kildare dont have anything!

Asked about the PS3 in Naas to the lady behind the counter and she was hesitating to scan it for me saying someone was just in a few mins ago asking the same thing, anyway long story short it was full price. The 2TB Buffalo drives were full price too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

I'd be interested if bikerboy changes his mind. Seems like a good price for a sound bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

ando wrote: »
    naas and kildare dont have anything!

Asked about the PS3 in Naas to the lady behind the counter and she was hesitating to scan it for me saying someone was just in a few mins ago asking the same thing, anyway long story short it was full price. The 2TB Buffalo drives were full price too
    Same story in Portlaoise. They now have the bargain baskets but it's mostly absolute tat and damaged goods. Only printer cartridges they have are for models nobody uses.

Yours if he doesn't want it I'll get back to you

Barr wrote: »
    I'd be interested if bikerboy changes his mind. Seems like a good price for a sound bar.

Second dibs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Just got the last ps3 in Mahon point for €80,

my aunt went to Wilton - No stock,

we were in Douglas earlier and they only had an xbox 360 for €299.95, no arcade version no ps3's

just said i would post if it helps anyone, so you don't go on a wild goose chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭uli84

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just back from Tesco Clearwater in Finglas. Was on the lookout for a wifi printer with Airprint for under 50 quid, no joy. Also there was none of the 35 euro Toshiba soundbars mentioned in Mahon Point store. They didnt have any bargains down there that I saw, bit of a wasted trip really...

Been there too and have to say left very disappointed that shop of this size does not have any decent bargains, not even stupid batteries or chargers heh. Overall seems best bargains are in Cork stores :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

3ds games for 5 euro. Street Fighter 4, professor layton , Nintendogs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ShaneU wrote: »
    3ds games for 5 euro. Street Fighter 4, professor layton , Nintendogs.

Where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

now online wrote: »
    Damn you all, just back myself from tesco Mahon point. Went down to look for a sound bar to go with the tv and 3d blu ray player we got previously, none of which we needed btw:mad: As I was looking a guy came out carrying a large box, I nabbed him to do a price check on the Roth sound bar (€50 reduced from €179) he offered me the box. Goodmans home cinema system (17.50) feckity feck I took it also got an 8g micro sd card €10. Not sure if we need both the sound bar and cinema system if my hubby decides against the soundbar, first reply can have it.

id like to give this a new home, if its going...

best regards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Artane but they're the same price everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

2 more ps3s with little big planet 80Gb gone out in bettystown if your quick, just as you walk in the door , €100

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Tesco ballybeg xbox games 5 Euro. Disneyland, pes 11, James bond all 5 Euro.
    Waterford

now online wrote: »
    Yours if he doesn't want it I'll get back to you

Sorry, he's keeping it. Boths tvs now have sweet sound:D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Beadyeye

No Epson printers at all in Tallaght, brought all the blu ray players with smart features to checkout as the self scanner was turned off :-|
    However all 3 scanned at full price. Does anyone know where any of these €20 printers are? Please! Tried 3 stores and none....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Should anyone be in or near the Nenagh tesco there is one 80gb ps3 with little big planet on the shelf just inside the door marked at €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

I got 2 of the 19" toshiba tv in Galway the other evening for €75 each.

But then I found the toshiba 22" (€100) and 32" (€150) in Claremorris .... also the BT 710 double phone set for €10

If anyone here wants the 19" tvs, am happy to pass them on or will be returning them to tesco store on monday... have receipts too for 1 year warranty.

I work city centre, for easy collection, if anyone here interested:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Just got the last ps3 in Mahon point for €80,

my aunt went to Wilton - No stock,

we were in Douglas earlier and they only had an xbox 360 for €299.95, no arcade version no ps3's

just said i would post if it helps anyone, so you don't go on a wild goose chase.
    projectgtr wrote: »
    2 more ps3s with little big planet 80Gb gone out in bettystown if your quick, just as you walk in the door , €100

just to add we did not check for these ^^ we just checked for the 12gb ps3 in the above stores but i know people in Cork looking for them if anyone knows one in Cork with stock please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Just in Clonmel, just in case!

No cheap TV's left or much else that I could see but Kiplings Mince Pies shelf ticket €0.69, but scanned at €1.24, so got them free yum yum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement