Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mudxfxa

ecomac wrote: »
    To the moderators. Initially merging all Tescos bargains in one thread was a good idea, but as we all know now, Tesco is watching this thread closely. This means, that if someone would post here a good bargain (or even worst - a missprice), Tesco would pick it up immediately and the deal will be over. So my proposition is - close this thread and post all new Tesco bargains in separate threads as it was before. This will not make their job impossible, but at least a bit harder. It's just a proposition. What do you think?

good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

I think a merged thread is better. You can subscribe to it and then know about any bargains without having to trawl through numerous other threads. I think it works fine as it is. If Tesco are watching boards they will still know if a missprice occurs as they only need to use the search facility to see what threads have been started about Tesco so having a single thread for each and every bargain won't make any difference other than to make it more awkward for boards members to know what bargains are on offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Och, you did not have to spell that out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

I think it was better having seperate threads as well. I'm only interested in the wine deals, the 25% off for 6 bottles.

It's a pain having to go through all the posts each day & easy to miss what you are looking for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

To the moderators. Initially merging all Tescos bargains in one thread was a good idea, but as we all know now, Tesco is watching this thread closely. This means, that if someone would post here a good bargain (or even worst - a missprice), Tesco would pick it up immediately and the deal will be over. So my proposition is - close this thread and post all new Tesco bargains in separate threads as it was before. This will not make their job impossible, but at least a bit harder. It's just a proposition. What do you think?

tescos new way of greeting their customers at the door ?

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    For anyone looking for tv wall mounts & find Tesco is out of stock,I spotted tilt ones for tv's from 22" to 42" in Euro General for €15.

nice find , is that all euro generals or just a specific one then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 08072011

CH3OH wrote: »
    Some of these items would be part of the normal Half Prices offers that Tesco constantly change.

Instead of a customer buying one tube of toothpaste at half price, Tesco will now get you to buy 3 tubes and give you a third off!
    More money in the till

At times, their concern for the customer amazes me!

Completely agree, no real offers on coffee really, instead they have 3 for 2 on it, and tesco frozen salmon was €6.99 half price, it is now €12.99 buy one get one free arggghhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Missprices are one thing, but surely bargains in general are not mistakes and Tesco are happy to publicise them, just because the price looks good to us, doesn't mean they're not making a profit in some way. Most likely it's the poor supplier who is taking the hit, but....

Anyway, my preference is to keep it this way.

prince charles rekons that big chain supermarkets are taking complete and utter advantage of farmers . thats whe he said today on his 65th birthday .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Crazy Eye wrote: »
    prince charles rekons that big chain supermarkets are taking complete and utter advantage of farmers . thats whe he said today on his 65th birthday .

Wow, imagine what he'll say on his 66th ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can I remind posters of the title of this thread. Off-topic chat ruins the thread for people who follow it get the bargains.....

Not sure they are interested in what prince Charles has to say, even if they are its not the place for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

There were lots of reduced TV brackets in a variety of sizes in Athlone last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Crazy Eye wrote: »
    nice find , is that all euro generals or just a specific one then ?

Spotted in Wexford but I reckon they're nationwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I propose a Tesco sub forum !

msg11 wrote: »
    I propose a Tesco sub forum !
    They are not worthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Keep one thread

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Keep one thread- but make it invitation only? Keep Tesco and their representatives, the hell out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Keep one thread- but make it invitation only? Keep Tesco and their representatives, the hell out of it.

And how do you prove you're not an employee?
    People need to calm down. Things are fine as they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Jimdagym wrote: »
    People need to calm down
    People need to start posting Bargains and take this conversation elsewhere!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

msg11 wrote: »
    As ShaneU said. Just don't get caught out, it's 3 for 2 with the cheapest one free. So if you pick up 3 bottles of shampoo at 5 euro each and have your toothpaste in there you'll get the toothpaste free and be paying for 3 bottles of shampoo. My advise would be; do your normal shop then go back and do your 3 for 2 shopping in a separate transaction.

I bought 3x3 items this morning and said it to the check-out person that I didn't want to get all the cheapest one for free. I had left all the items to the end of the trolley. She scanned the first 3, totalled the receipt, scanned the next 3, totalled, then scanned the last 3, and each time she totalled it allowed the deduction. I don't know if this was necessary but it did work.

May be helpful if someone is buying a load of stuff on debit card and doesn't want to be racking up the bank charges ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

What ? I work for Tesco and post bargains up here FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ffs, this thread has been going since 2011, there's no need to change anything about it except stay on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I was in Tesco today to pick up a refill for 3volution. The refills are usually €6.89 but saw that there was an offer on cotton fresh ones for €4.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) cotton fresh ones were out of stock.

There were others, saw a new one called 'bright new morning'. The fragrance looked nice, checked the price on the till and it scanned only for €1.72. Happy days, picked up three of them and now enjoying the new fragrance at home with a beer :D

3JhPvmj.jpg

BxCH8IH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

3 For 2 on all Health & Beauty products in Tesco.

I witness that the monolith chain has festooned its web presence with garish celebratory indications of the pending mid-winter spend spend festival
    HEb2kDyl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Hi,
    Searching for good deals on French wine and came across this nice Bordeaux for only 2euro.
    Who said Tesco did not give bargains.
    Pajoe

snubbleste wrote: »
    I witness that the monolith chain has festooned its web presence with garish celebratory indications of the pending mid-winter spend spend festival
    HEb2kDyl.jpg

could be worse , oh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone see what this weeks Crazy Prices are?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭crayon80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Lot of those Xmas "offers" are cheaper elsewhere like Dunnes or Superquinn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement