Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Well you were right about the cheap crackers - all gone in Castlebar - only €14.50 luxury ones on the top shelves

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

zerks wrote: »
    Flat screen tv mount 43" - 63" in Tesco Wexford for €13.50,was €55.

For anyone with small lads,they have a JCB sit on & push tractor for €17.50

Seen a few of the small 10-23 tilt and swivel mounts in Monagahan
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/technika-lcd-8i-small-flat-screen-bracket-tilt-swing-for-10-to-23-screen-tvs-monitors/204-4284.prd:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

Medium Halloween make up set reduced from 5 to 1.24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

mell61 wrote: »
    Found in Drogheda Extra:
    Tesco small Tilt and Swing TV Bracket, type I, marked at €9.50 - according to the sticker it had been €49.99
    Type B = €6
    There was one other from memory it was a J = €13.

Picked up 3 of the J type Medium tilt and swivel) at Wilton Cork for €13 each. While this says they are for 24 - 32 inch TVs, there are mounting holes that fit smaller TVs such as my LIDL 21".

They also had type E for €9 - these are tilt only, for smaller (22" or less) TVs.

Thanks OP - was looking for a bargain in these.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Tesco have a number of different multi buy offers on some frozen foods.
    These include "3 for 2" AND "2 FOR 1"

This evening I picked up 2 x Goodfellas Cibatta Rustica Pizzas (410g) that were priced at €1.99 each and these were included in the "2 for 1" offer. These work out at less than €1 each. This was in Athlone.

Online these are priced at €3.99 each.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

loopymum wrote: »
    Medium Halloween make up set reduced from 5 to 1.24

where did you see these?
    zerks wrote: »
    For anyone with small lads,they have a JCB sit on & push tractor for €17.50

I have a little fella, he'll love this, anyone see them anywhere else? I dont want to go to wexford, of any in/near dublin Id take a spin, anyone?
    What has penis size got to do with this?:rolleyes:

I'll get me coat.

oi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

cerastes wrote: »
    where did you see these?

I have a little fella, he'll love this, anyone see them anywhere else? I dont want to go to wexford, of any in/near dublin Id take a spin, anyone?

oi :)
    Saw them in Tesco Clarehall yesterday. I wasn't in the toy section but they had some up beside customer service desk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Any bargain docking stations in Tesco, preferably with a clock ? Please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Lots of Hello Kitty items priced very cheaply in Tesco Douglas. Moneybox with a lock at €1.05, keyring at 88c, boxed mug and coaster set for €1.75, cushion for €1.75. Would make nice stocking fillers for a little girl. They're upstairs in an aisle of candles near the clothing checkouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

There were Beats by Dre in ear headphones in Tesco Maynooth for 35/6 euro down from 130 something. None left I just saw the price tag and thought it might be worth letting people know to look elsewhere if they're on any present lists for crimbo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Just seen medium Cadbury selection boxes for €1.85. Max 10 per customer. In Tesco Drogheda but I'm sure it is in all stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

shuffles88 wrote: »
    There were Beats by Dre in ear headphones in Tesco Maynooth for 35/6 euro down from 130 something. None left I just saw the price tag and thought it might be worth letting people know to look elsewhere if they're on any present lists for crimbo.

Did it say solo beats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

cena wrote: »
    Did it say solo beats

There must be loads of electrical stuff been reduced. I heard a rumor yesterday someone bought two reduced to clear TV's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

got a large 46 inch adjustable tilt tv bracket for 13 euro 50 cents in tesco clearwater today it was reduced from 50 euro .

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

There must be loads of electrical stuff been reduced. I heard a rumor
    yesterday someone bought two reduced to clear TV's

Anyone confirm this?
    Need a new TV for a bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Anyone confirm this?
    Need a new TV for a bedroom.

Nothing in edenderry

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

cena wrote: »
    Did it say solo beats

I don't have a clue, sorry. I only caught a glance at the price tag walking past

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

3 for 2 on all health and beauty products

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LingLingLove

Anyone seen mummy clips reduced to clear?? Just seen there £1 on hukd

ShaneU wrote: »

As ShaneU said. Just don't get caught out, it's 3 for 2 with the cheapest one free. So if you pick up 3 bottles of shampoo at 5 euro each and have your toothpaste in there you'll get the toothpaste free and be paying for 3 bottles of shampoo. My advise would be; do your normal shop then go back and do your 3 for 2 shopping in a separate transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

ShaneU wrote: »

Some of these items would be part of the normal Half Prices offers that Tesco constantly change.

Instead of a customer buying one tube of toothpaste at half price, Tesco will now get you to buy 3 tubes and give you a third off!
    More money in the till

At times, their concern for the customer amazes me!

CH3OH wrote: »
    Some of these items would be part of the normal Half Prices offers that Tesco constantly change.

Instead of a customer buying one tube of toothpaste at half price, Tesco will now get you to buy 3 tubes and give you a third off!
    More money in the till

In fairness, it's not a bad offer if you consider some of the products included in it may not be on offer at all. Usually the cycle is Shampoo, Shower Gels and Mens etc.. Everything is on offer. It is to compete with the likes of Boots and Superdrug. I got 3 Alberto Balsam Hair Gel tubes 2 euro each this product is never on offer (as far as I can recall) so I bought 3 and got one free so 3 for 4 euro is not bad at all. Considering the best deal is usually the chemist doing Wella 2 for 5 euro at 200ml a tube.

got a 22 inch tv swing tilt and swivel wall bracket for 13 euro 50 cents today , it was reduced from 45 euro . same tv bracket is 24 euro in aldi stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

msg11 wrote: »
    As ShaneU said. Just don't get caught out, it's 3 for 2 with the cheapest one free..

As you rightly pointed out, because you could have a lot of items that are in the 3 for 2, the online store seems to just discount the lowest price.

Haven't tried instore but the online price guide shows the following:
    This might be an extreme example, but hopefully will show the problem and how this might not be the deal it claims to be.

3 Elnett Hairspray Extra 400Ml @ € 8.49 each total €25.47

3 Tesco Cotton Wool Balls 100'S @ 66 cents each total €1.98

When I put the above into my basket it just knocks off the price of 2 packs of cotton wool balls
    I get:
    Total MultiBuy savings €1.32
    Guide price (6 items) €26.13

I would think that most customers would expect to get 1 hairspray free and 1 cotton wool balls! discount €9.15
    Big difference

In Boots when they do 3 for 2, they tabulate all the prices in descending price order and every third item is free.

(Might just do this later to see how it works)

Edit 20:25
    Went and did a shop in Tesco
    Picke up 3 shampoos and 3 of the cotton wool balls
    It actually did take off the price of 1 shampoo and 1 cotton wool balls

So the online shopping basket is wrong

As you rightly pointed out, because you could have a lot of items that are in the 3 for 2, the online store seems to just discount the lowest price.

Haven't tried instore but the online price guide shows the following:
    This might be an extreme example, but hopefully will show the problem and how this might not be the deal it claims to be.

3 Elnett Hairspray Extra 400Ml @ € 8.49 each total €25.47

3 Tesco Cotton Wool Balls 100'S @ 66 cents each total €1.98

When I put the above into my basket it just knocks off the price of 2 packs of cotton wool balls
    I get:
    Total MultiBuy savings €1.32
    Guide price (6 items) €26.13

I would think that most customers would expect to get 1 hairspray free and 1 cotton wool balls! discount €9.15
    Big difference

In Boots when they do 3 for 2, they tabulate all the prices in descending price order and every third item is free.

(Might just do this later to see how it works)

Your right. But as I said pain in the arse but do seperate transactions for groups of products if your planning a buy 2 get a third free.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

More money in the till

Completely agree, deoderants I used to get were always on special at 2.00 a go so for 3 it was 6 euro, today they are on 3 for 2 at 2.95 per item = 5.90 - pretty much the same ! No deal

so dove for men 250ml reduced from 4 euro to 99 cents a can or loreal men expert 250ml reduced from 4 euro to 1 euro 94 cents a can isnt a deal no ?
    trick is to buy in bulk when they have these deals on the smelly stuff . buy around 20 cans each time theres a deal on .
    same with the colgate plax mouthwash deals 500ml for 1 euro 50 cents . buy a load of them in 1 go .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Little Tikes Police Cruiser for €42, In all stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Crazy Eye wrote: »
    got a 22 inch tv swing tilt and swivel wall bracket for 13 euro 50 cents today , it was reduced from 45 euro . same tv bracket is 24 euro in aldi stores.

For anyone looking for tv wall mounts & find Tesco is out of stock,I spotted tilt ones for tv's from 22" to 42" in Euro General for €15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

To the moderators. Initially merging all Tescos bargains in one thread was a good idea, but as we all know now, Tesco is watching this thread closely. This means, that if someone would post here a good bargain (or even worst - a missprice), Tesco would pick it up immediately and the deal will be over. So my proposition is - close this thread and post all new Tesco bargains in separate threads as it was before. This will not make their job impossible, but at least a bit harder. It's just a proposition. What do you think?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement