Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Hi all,
    Got the last duvet in Naas, it was well hidden :D its not beside the electrical stuff - thats where the other ones were.

The last few times in Naas the customer service rep just puts through the pyrex as normal and never gives me the discount, and last night - it must have been a bad day for her - every second item was overcharged - she put in green ppeppers for yellow which were half the price etc etc etc - so i had to sit nd make sense of the receipt adn went to customer service - where they did all the refunds and handed me back my cash - I looked at and said - thats not double the difference :eek: :D so she told me - oh no we just have to rescan the stuff and give you what you were overcharged - - so - I pointed out that behind her there was a double the difference statement - they have seriously gone downhill since they opened - and every trip i get overcharged now.

Got loads of dentastix for 1.49 with the PB voucher, as they were on special offer - they were even cheaper than the tesco ones, at least teh dogs will have clean teeth for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    - - so - I pointed out that behind her there was a double the difference statement -
    did she agree to give you the double the difference after you pointed that out to her?

she huffed a bit but kind of pretended it was new and she did not realise it before, so I just took my money,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Flower Bulbs in a box with 7 euro red sticker on it reduced to 20 cents. Product reduced to clear so I'd say it's nationwide (not manually reduced with yellow sticker on its barcode)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

198321 wrote: »
    Flower Bulbs in a box with 7 euro red sticker on it reduced to 20 cents. Product reduced to clear so I'd say it's nationwide (not manually reduced with yellow sticker on its barcode)
    everywhere are selling flower bulbs cheap because it's too late to plant daffodils and crocus they probably wont flower this year but maybe next year they will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

4 cans of pedigree 440ml 4.5% for €1.99 in tesco :eek:

First time drinking it. Its nice and smooth but the head might be hurtin in the morning.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRenj8m6rZDPskqdh5EHDiT3o8Wcdnqfr_4OUVb0YS4EY9v4xii
    what store? couldn't find any in Naas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Got mine in Tesco Rush

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

casio4 wrote: »
    everywhere are selling flower bulbs cheap because it's too late to plant daffodils and crocus they probably wont flower this year but maybe next year they will

Eh theres many types and varieties of bulbs that can be planted right now.

You look and feel for any mushy bulbs and any rotten bulbs,or signs of mold/fungus on any of the bulbs....You do that where ever you buy bulbs from..be it Tesco or the most lavish garden centre in the country.

If you dont feel or see any..then you should be fine.

All bulbs that I have ever bought and planted have poped up out of the ground and given lovely flowers in the garden.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

crayon80 wrote: »
    Free wifi in Tesco :D
    The network shows up as "Tesco Wifi." You need to register your clubcard number to connect to it but if you've no club card you can get an hour free as a guest.
    I hope it isnt off topic, it was news to me anyhoo... handy to browse this thread as you shop :pac:
    Does this work well, is it fast? How do you register your clubcard? Does this mean in future every time I go past Tesco, my device will connect and Tesco will know I was around but did not shop? There is so much we don't know about the clubcard scheme *tin foil hat donned*

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

snubbleste wrote: »
    Does this work well, is it fast? How do you register your clubcard? Does this mean in future every time I go past Tesco, my device will connect and Tesco will know I was around but did not shop? There is so much we don't know about the clubcard scheme *tin foil hat donned*

yep, it might register that snubbleste spent 5 minutes in the bog-roll aisle but did not buy any .....

make sure & turn gps off !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Tesco seem to have adopted a policy that products have to be on offer to sell.

Proven here, when item are marked realy cheaply but dont have a yellow SEL, they are still for sale, take 1c off the item and put the price on a yellow SEL and the shelf is bare!

Anyway, Duplo Read and play :

http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Duplo-Busy-Farm-6759-!125199-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=f28b8acf-f259-4873-aadd-5f67e3850ce6

Believe it or not these packs are €13 before reduction, €8.70 now in Tesco. There's about 12 pieces of Duplo and a little story book.

I got a present on one and my kids love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

A lot of decent kids clothes half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've had to delete a load of off-topic chit-chat that stemmed from chicken fillets... quick tip - if your post starts with "Not a bargain as such, but thought I'd post on thread and get opinions.", then why are you posting it here?

Infractions for off-topic chat from now on.. am sick of having to a clean-out of this thread every few weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Basq wrote: »
    I've had to delete a load of off-topic chit-chat that stemmed from chicken fillets... quick tip - if your post starts with "Not a bargain as such, but thought I'd post on thread and get opinions.", then why are you posting it here?

Infractions for off-topic chat from now on.. am sick of having to a clean-out of this thread every few weeks!

If this post is aimed at me, (I assume it is) the 'chicken filett' heads up was to make readers aware of potentially misleading 'bargains' by Tesco.

Putting half price stickers on items (which clearly aren't half price), luring folk into the false sense of security that they're receiving bargains is important. Is it not?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

SamHall wrote: »
    If this post is aimed at me, (I assume it is) the 'chicken filett' heads up was to make readers aware of potentially misleading 'bargains' by Tesco.

Putting half price stickers on items (which clearly aren't half price), luring folk into the false sense of security that they're receiving bargains is important. Is it not?

If you have a problem with a mods decision, can you PM them and ask rather than continuing to take the thread off topic.

deelite wrote: »
    A lot of decent kids clothes half price.

Good bit of women's knit wear going on sale at half price in the morning,

but LOADS of mens boxers going half price Friday, also all mens thermal underwear half price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Tesco Celbridge clearing all of the below for €1 per 500ml bottle :

60170011_H.jpg?identifier=447938c634f27c1dc1ecfaab9a779b5b

Copperhead Beer
    copperhead4_thumb.jpg

Belfast Black :
    order_belfast_black1_thumb.jpg

From Tuesday till Saturday next week, a good few health and beauty items will be 75% off, mostly deodorants and nappies. Know more Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Walker's Extra Crunchy crisps range now €1.50 each.
    12-pack of Coke/Coke Zero/Diet Coke now €5.
    Colgate Sensitive toothpaste now €1.72.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Heineken and coors back to €24 a tray in Naas. Jackpot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heineken and coors back to €24 a tray in Naas. Jackpot
    Yep, in Sligo store too.

They had loads of the Harvest Pale yesterday in Sligo.. but went back in today and they were cleared out. Ah well!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

fussyonion wrote: »
    Walker's Extra Crunchy crisps range now €1.50 each.
    12-pack of Coke/Coke Zero/Diet Coke now €5.
    Colgate Sensitive toothpaste now €1.72.

No 12 packs of coke left in Maynooth (shelves are bare). They do however have 4 * 500ml bottles for 3 Euro.
    Walkers extra crunchy crisps not reduced, priced and scanning at 2.75

Aussie hair products- 2 for 9 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Drogheda (West St) has lots of bottled beers and ciders for 1e.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭CH3OH

A few offers that can be combined with coupons available on the Coupon forum
    or from Pigsback.com
    It makes most of these very cheap

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Various Danone Greek yoghurts are €1.69 for 2. On Special at the moment 2 packs for €2
    Coupon available for 50 cents off ends up 4 for €1

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Currently reduced to €2.49
    Coupon available for €2 off Makes a pack of 6 49 cents!

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Currently reduced to €1.49
    Coupon available for €1 off (Pigsback) Makes a pack of 6 49 cents

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Lots of Low Low products are on offer for 2 for €4

just an example: Low Low Grated Red Cheddar 200G
    Currently €3.29 2 for €4
    Coupon available for 50 cents off (Pigsback) ends up 2 packs for €3

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    On offer for €1 (eight different varieties)
    Coupon available for 50 cents off (Pigsback) 50 cent a pack

Every little helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

smccarrick wrote: »
    No 12 packs of coke left in Maynooth (shelves are bare). They do however have 4 * 500ml bottles for 3 Euro.

Sorry, should have said these offers were in Tesco Nutgrove.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

RayCon wrote: »
    Tesco Celbridge clearing all of the below for €1 per 500ml bottle :

Belfast Black :
    order_belfast_black1_thumb.jpg

Tesco Douglas had the above and guvenor (sp?) ale for €1 in the beer fridge.
    The ale is quite nice, not so fond of the stout...

great bargains - thanks - got lots of thermal socks yesterday in Clearwater - went in for the half price Kenco Millicano refill packs - they are no where to be got - has anyone seen them - they only have the decaf

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Mens suit jackets €11 in Castlebar.
    Thy have new suits in that look exactly the same - jackets are €35, not sure how much the trousers were tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    From Tuesday till Saturday next week, a good few health and beauty items will be 75% off, mostly deodorants and nappies. Know more Tuesday.

Any update on this one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

smccarrick wrote: »

Walkers extra crunchy crisps (6 pack) are €1.24 in Nutgrove

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement