Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendables 2 *spoilers from post 263*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

As well as that, he recently campaigned for creationism to be taught in schools in the states. Crazy, overrated, pussy-ass, bible-basher.

Hang on there, he wiped out a whole vietnamese concentration camp and saved the american POW's (missing in action)

Saved America from total Annihilation (Invasion U.S.A) and also took out kill bill in lone wolf mcquade...

A bit of respect please...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

sham69 wrote: »
    Hang on there, he wiped out a whole vietnamese concentration camp and saved the american POW's (missing in action)

Saved America from total Annihilation (Invasion U.S.A) and also took out kill bill in lone wolf mcquade...

A bit of respect please...:D

Yeah, he's hardcore.

emvideo-youtube-1pnFg0Sp2Xw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Yeah, he's hardcore.

emvideo-youtube-1pnFg0Sp2Xw.jpg

He is 72 in fairness, would probably still kick you a** though....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

I'm pretty sure the Expendables 2 will be the greatest thing ever to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭splashthecash

sham69 wrote: »
    He is 72 in fairness, would probably still kick you a** though....:D

Chuck Norris is 72!!!!!??

Holy ****-balls

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Chuck Norris could kick my ass half-way to Mars, but he'd still be a z-list actor who's only in this movie due to his career becoming an ironic internet meme / joke. In fact 5 euro says the Expendables 2 will have no trouble cheekily nodding in that direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

pixelburp wrote: »
    Chuck Norris could kick my ass half-way to Mars, but he'd still be a z-list actor who's only in this movie due to his career becoming an ironic internet meme / joke. In fact 5 euro says the Expendables 2 will have no trouble cheekily nodding in that direction.

People don't seem to get that anymore... It's upsetting...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

As well as that, he recently campaigned for creationism to be taught in schools in the states. Crazy, overrated, pussy-ass, bible-basher.

It seems he also has it in for the gays....
    http://www.wnd.com/2008/03/59697/

I really wish people would remember that those jokes about him were intentionally ironic because of how lame he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

It seems he also has it in for the gays....
    http://www.wnd.com/2008/03/59697/

I really wish people would remember that those jokes about him were intentionally ironic because of how lame he is.

Most people do know, surely? Never knew he was such a loon though.

CL7 wrote: »
    Most people do though, surely? Never knew he was such a loon though.

Never really liked him, I don't think he took off outside of the states.
    I always saw him as a bit of a Steven Seagal....a total joke but who could still kick your head in.
    +1 on the looney ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

His movies are awful and are only mildly fun to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I honestly would have been happier if they told him to sling it, after the PG13 fiasco

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

So first all the violence and sweating was cut out to accommodate Norris, and now, it's back?

This test screening audience lark is a load of bollocks.
    Apparently Se7en was test screened and the audience hated the ending, but Fichner used it regardless.

The ending to Se7en was changed because of negative test screening. Fincher wanted to it to end with a cut to black, but he was forced to tack on the epilogue with Morgan Freeman voice-over instead. On the commentary him, Pitt and Freeman all talk about how much they hate it.

Anyway, I don't buy for a second that they shot this with anything but PG-13 in mind. They are obviously just going to CGI in extra blood and loop in a few f-bombs to make it R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

CGI blood makes baby Jesus cry

The ending to Se7en was changed because of negative test screening. Fincher wanted to it to end with a cut to black, but he was forced to tack on the epilogue with Morgan Freeman voice-over instead. On the commentary him, Pitt and Freeman all talk about how much they hate it.
    Yes, but that was just a compromise, the studio, producers and test screen audience hated the head in a box ending and only because Fincher and Pitt fought for it, it would have been changed.

Have to admit, I quite liked the epilogue.

Also, I like CGI blood. We all know that what we are watching isn't real and if it allows films to keep their violence and gore, then it's a compromise I'll accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

CGI blood is awful and most times it looks like it never reacts properly to it surroundings, instead looking like a quick spray from a can of lynx.

Squibs give it that extra meaty punch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm only hearing now that Stallone's son Sage was found dead last Friday, shocking stuff. Apparent accidental overdose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Movie posters don't get much better than this.

559234_485190698160601_1577859106_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

That has to be the best movie poster ever, roll on 17th of August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I remember hearing that the narrated ending was because of the studio or some other trouble. Glad to read it's true. It would have been a great ending. Keeps with the tone of the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Less than two weeks now, getting excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,874 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Duggy747 wrote: »
    His movies are awful and are only mildly fun to watch.

Dodgeball is great :p

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

Why do they have Steven Seagal on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

Why do they have Steven Seagal on it?

Thaa Dahh!
    Banderas is there as well!
    Very unprofessional from the so-called top entertainment site in Ireland.

KenSwee wrote: »
    Thaa Dahh!

The person beside Seagal to the right looks a little like The Rock as well.

Kurt Russell is also there, pretty sure he isn't in the film though I know Stallone wanted him.

Kurt Russell is also there, pretty sure he isn't in the film though I know Stallone wanted him.

The one to the right of Terry Crews looks suspiciously like The Viper from Hardy Bucks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

KenSwee wrote: »
    Thaa Dahh!

Wait a minute, are we annoyed because entertainment.ie made up a poster including actors that aren't in the movie? Or are we annoyed because they ARE in the movie and entertainment.ie spoiled the cameos for us?

If it's the former, then meh, don't really care.

If it's the latter, I'd prefer you hadn't posted it.

Advertisement