Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendables 2 *spoilers from post 263*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

:D That's a cool poster in a real macho way.

Bet there was loads of wraggling between agents about the positioning and size of the heads as well as the egos.

Who's at the back, whos' at the front, who's next to Stallone, his head is bigger than my head, Brillant! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I thought the Expendables movies would be Dolph's way back in to the big time.
    I guess not... :(
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1767319/

Galvasean wrote: »

In the mans own words "It was an experience, it wasn't exactly my taste, but I did it for other reasons. I was getting divorced at the time and I needed some cash quickly to pay for a few things... lawyers."

In the mans own words "It was an experience, it wasn't exactly my taste, but I did it for other reasons. I was getting divorced at the time and I needed some cash quickly to pay for a few things... lawyers."

Harsh. Apparently Sean Bean was in a similar boat not too long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

FlashD wrote: »
    :D That's a cool poster in a real macho way.

Bet there was loads of wraggling between agents about the positioning and size of the heads as well as the egos.

Who's at the back, whos' at the front, who's next to Stallone, his head is bigger than my head, Brillant! :pac:

At this stage, I'd imagine the arguments were more about who gets to be furthest away from Bruce Willis...

• Advertisement

Maybe it's from right to left based on how washed up they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I thought it was like new gang on the left and the old school crowd on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

The new gang are about a head higher than the old gang :pac:

Grab yere walkin sticks there lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

Ohh sweet jeezze, the greatest 80s movie ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Maybe it's from right to left based on how washed up they are?

Don't you DARE bad mouth Bruce Willis like that!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

Harsh. Apparently Sean Bean was in a similar boat not too long ago.

I remember listening to Michael Cane in the actors studio interview and he was asked why he made so many terrible b movies in the 70s and his answer was that he wanted to buy a new house for his mum!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

KenSwee wrote: »
    I remember listening to Michael Cane in the actors studio interview and he was asked why he made so many terrible b movies in the 70s and his answer was that he wanted to buy a new house for his mum!
    Wasn't one of his famous interview quotes something like "I don't remember Jaws 4, but I remember the house in the Bahamas it bought me". George Clooney is the same, saying that he has to make movies that make money in order to finance the films he wants to make.

humanji wrote: »
    Wasn't one of his famous interview quotes something like "I don't remember Jaws 4, but I remember the house in the Bahamas it bought me". George Clooney is the same, saying that he has to make movies that make money in order to finance the films he wants to make.

John Cusack said something similar about doing shit Hollywood movies to allow him to be able to do the indy ones.

John Cusack said something similar about doing shit Hollywood movies to allow him to be able to do the indy ones.

And then you have Brendan Fraser who is the complete opposite, he said that he only makes intelligent, adult dramas inbetween the big budget blockbusters that he likes making.

And then you have Brendan Fraser who is the complete opposite, he said that he only makes intelligent, adult dramas inbetween the big budget blockbusters that he likes making.

When Brendan Fraser makes an intelligent, adult drama, you let me know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,128 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

When Brendan Fraser makes an intelligent, adult drama, you let me know.
    "The Quiet American"

To be fair, most actors operate with that policy: they fund their passion projects with the money they earn from the trashy blockbusters & b-movies. Seems standard fare to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

pixelburp wrote: »
    "The Quiet American"

To be fair, most actors operate with that policy: they fund their passion projects with the money they earn from the trashy blockbusters & b-movies. Seems standard fare to me

Absolutely. Why turn down money?? :confused:

pixelburp wrote: »
    "The Quiet American"

Dammit, I haven't seen it!

Call a spade a spade.

Call a spade a spade.

Spade:

spade-pubshot-med.jpg

• Advertisement

Spade:

spade-pubshot-med.jpg

That's not what I'd call him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Now that's a thrasy action movie poster worthy of the 80's / 90's
    new-comic-con-poster-for-the-expendables-2-107883-01-470-75.jpg

^^^^Awesome.
    The Dark Knight Rises can suck it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

a magnificent cast no matter what way you look at it.
    I really enjoyed the first one, great fun...

Chuck Norris is in it, what more could anybody ask for..
    Love the poster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Great looking poster. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

sham69 wrote: »
    a magnificent cast no matter what way you look at it.
    I really enjoyed the first one, great fun...

Chuck Norris is in it, what more could anybody ask for..
    Love the poster :D

Aul Chucky boy nearly derailed it with this PG 13 crap.

Also he got his arse soundly beaten by Bruce Lee.
    Invincible? I think not.
    Expendable? Very much so (to the cast list anyway)

Aul Chucky boy nearly derailed it with this PG 13 crap.

Also he got his arse soundly beaten by Bruce Lee.
    Invincible? I think not.
    Expendable? Very much so (to the cast list anyway)

As well as that, he recently campaigned for creationism to be taught in schools in the states. Crazy, overrated, pussy-ass, bible-basher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

As well as that, he recently campaigned for creationism to be taught in schools in the states. Crazy, overrated, pussy-ass, bible-basher.

He is only famous today because of those jokes. His super crazy christian gig is the cherry on top of his irrelevance

He is only famous today because of those jokes. His super crazy christian gig is the cherry on top of his irrelevance

Agreed. And the only reason the jokes about him being awesome were ever funny was because everyone used to know how completely lame he is (see: Walker, Texas Ranger).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Dolph Lundgren had turned down Uwe Boll's offer once, before he eventually agreed on the advice of associate producer 'Bob van Ronkel' who had introduced them during a festival in Kazakhstan. Lundgren said in an interview to Empire magazine: "It was an experience, it wasn't exactly my taste, but I did it for other reasons. I was getting divorced at the time and I needed some cash quickly to pay for a few things... lawyers."

Just saw the next response, oh well, hopefully this will be shown at movie fest :D

Advertisement