Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble Brewing - Dark Arts - Availability

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

subway wrote: »
    Had a couple of pints of this in o Neills last night.
    They seem to be selling a nitrogenated version and doing it in a multi part pour. I don't know enough about beer systems to know if this is something they are doing wrong or if it's just a variation?

Either way, it tasted odd so I wouldn't be ordering there again.

Funny Ive experienced this being served almost flat and with quite alot of carbonation on different occasions. Maybe Trouble offer the publican an option on how they think it will sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think the multi pour is a result of having the gas settings wrong for whatever reason. It's the one thing that happens quite a lot with craft beers. From bar to bar, the way it's served can be quite variable.
    But I suppose that's what happens when you don't have the same money pit available to the likes of Diageo who can send a team of service people around at the drop of a hat to make sure the system is set up correctly to ensure that the customer always gets that "perfect pint"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I know what you mean, but this was definitely a nitro beer, try it if you get a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Funnyfakename

From my experience it's at the publican's discretion how the beer is served, especially with stouts and the two part pour. Try emailing the lads at Trouble to let them know if your beer isn't right, I'd say they'd appreciate the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Anywhere I've seen this of late it's been over-carbonated (at the brewery). Publicans are pouring it in several goes as it's proving unwieldy, and a lot of it is going down the drain. It's not nitrogenated and it should not have a head of more than a few mm.

As an aside, that "n part pour" is marketing bollox invented by Guinness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

It can be a bit temperamental but if it's pouring a bit flat I put on a creamer, if it's high I take off the creamer and that works for me, very little waste and great taste either way, just different mouthfeel. Wasn't mad on it through nitro so switched it to lager gas and it's flying.

The gas doesn't change much. More to do with the creamer I'd say (the nozzle on the end of the tap)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Glasgow Megasnake

For those in Dublin this is on tap at The Black Sheep on Capel St., sister pub of Against the Grain I believe, fast becoming my go-to place on a Friday. All the usual suspects from Galway Bay etc. too. Lovely.

Advertisement