Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble Brewing - Dark Arts - Availability

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

lads, are you all sure this has been released???

Probus Wines had a bit of a meltdown when i told him it was released in bottles last week. it was the first he heard of if.

Sweeneys Winemerchants told it me i was mistaken that it hadnt been released!!!

am currently waiting on Probus to get back to me, they are going to phone Peter in Trouble Brewing to read him the riot act :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

ive a stack of empties here that would agree its been released ;)
    its as good as the draught IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

picked up 6 btls in the wine cellar Maynooth.had 2 of them last night and was impressed.

will be in maynooth again today and going to get more,then over to Dunboyne and stock up on coffee and oatmeal from dungarvan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I bought the last of the coffee and oatmeal from the fridge in Dunboyne. I am sure he has more.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I bought the last of the coffee and oatmeal from the fridge in Dunboyne. I am sure he has more.

you bought my coffee and oatmeal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Are there any stockists of Or or Dark Arts near the brewery in Clane at all? Will be in Naas over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

blueshed wrote: »
    you bought my coffee and oatmeal :D

He did say some mad fella come asked me to order it in so I assume he means you :P

Handy having it so close to where I live. I told him he needs to get another few more in and he seemed open to it but could have just been passing me off as a crazy beer drinker.

RonanC wrote: »
    Are there any stockists of Or or Dark Arts near the brewery in Clane at all? Will be in Naas over Christmas.

its brewed in Allenwood and neither of the 2 off licenses or pub stock it.

a small off license in Maynooth which is 25mins from Naas has both Or and Dark arts a €2.99 a btl.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    He did say some mad fella come asked me to order it in so I assume he means you :P

Handy having it so close to where I live. I told him he needs to get another few more in and he seemed open to it but could have just been passing me off as a crazy beer drinker.

that could be me ok.a few months back i asked him could he get Dungarvan or O Haras and within 2 weeks had all 3 Dungarvan beers.

a few weeks after that he got all the Thwaites and shuttle is my favourite.

i mentioned galway hooker to him and they now stock it.

went in last week and they had the coffee and oatmeal plus 6packs of all 3 beers from 8 degrees.

they also have great advice on wine and put me in the right direction on 5 or 6 different btls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

blueshed wrote: »
    its brewed in Allenwood and neither of the 2 off licenses or pub stock it.

a small off license in Maynooth which is 25mins from Naas has both Or and Dark arts a €2.99 a btl.

Hi blueshed, is that the off-licence at the college end of the town near rebel pizza?Does it have a good selection of Irish beers? Might drop in this evening if there are a few to choose from.

• Advertisement

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Hi blueshed, is that the off-licence at the college end of the town near rebel pizza?Does it have a good selection of Irish beers? Might drop in this evening if there are a few to choose from.

ye thats the one the wine cellar between the garda station and dunnes.

got both trouble brewing-all the o haras at €3.50 a btl-and a few from the north like belfast blonde-headless dog-titanic quater.

also got a little selection of english ales at 4 for a tenner.suffolk strong ale is my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Had a bottle of it earlier and it's beautiful. It's actually nicer than the draught version, less aggressively carbonated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just had a bottle compares favourably too, but not quite as nice as the draught version.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Nothing like mixed reviews eh? ;)

Well at least we're both agreed that it's a great beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Anybody come across this in Cork?

I did have it in the Bierhaus a couple of months ago when they had it on draught and would love to try the bottle version.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Nothing like mixed reviews eh? ;)

Well at least we're both agreed that it's a great beer!

As the man said: "It's all good".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Anyone know if it's available in Galway yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

BeerNut wrote: »
    That's the bottles. Big fan of ordering bottled beer in the pub, are yeh? :P :P :P

The draught range, including guest taps, plus prices, is all on blackboards above the bar. Easily read and always up to date.
    Is there an issue with ordering bottled beer in a pub?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Is there an issue with ordering bottled beer in a pub?
    It's often daftly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

bradleys on north main street have it.

• Advertisement

deRanged wrote: »
    bradleys on north main street have it.

I was in there just a few days before Christmas and there was no sign of it. Must have a better look around when I'm in there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Camilo

Ahoy lads.

anyone know if the bottled version of this is about in galway city yet? i fired off an email to the blokes at the brewery a few weeks ago but ive had no reply yet and cant wait to get this delicious brew agin

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

I did have it in the Bierhaus a couple of months ago when they had it on draught and would love to try the bottle version.

The bottles are in stock in the abbots ale offie and i have it on tap in the bar upstairs if you're still looking for it

Ronan cork wrote: »
    The bottles are in stock in the abbots ale offie and i have it on tap in the bar upstairs if you're still looking for it

I'm well past due a trip into Abbot's so I'll be in at some stage to try it out.

On cask in Against The Grain now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

has anyone used this in a stew yet?

Recommended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Funnyfakename

If you're looking for draught Dark Arts there are taps in the following spots:
    • L. Mulligan Grocer, Stoneybatter.
    • Against the Grain, Wexford Street.
    • The Magpie Inn, Dalkey.
    • The Lucan County Bar, Lucan.
    • Harry's Bar and Restaurant, Donegal.
    • Bull and Castle, Christchurch.

Dark Arts in bottles is available at these Off Licences:
    • McHughs, Malahide Rd and Kilbarrack.
    • Drinkstore, Stoneybatter.
    • Next Door, Sundrive Rd.
    • Sweeneys, Glasnevin.
    • Deveneys, Dundrum.
    • Hollands, Bray.
    • Redmonds, Ranelagh.
    • The Mill Wine Cellar, Maynooth.
    • Bradleys, Cork.
    • Dicey Reilly's, Donegal.

Pubs where it's available in bottles:
    • Bierhaus, Cork.
    • Bierhaus, Galway.
    • Farringtons, Temple Bar.
    • The Salt House, Galway.

Unless of course they've sold out, and if so it's time to remind them to re-order some more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Treadhead wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's available in Galway yet?

In bottles in The Salt House, and Bierhaus.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

If you're looking for draught Dark Arts there are taps in the following spots:
    • L. Mulligan Grocer, Stoneybatter.
    • Against the Grain, Wexford Street.
    • The Magpie Inn, Dalkey.
    • The Lucan County Bar, Lucan.
    • Harry's Bar and Restaurant, Donegal.
    • Bull and Castle, Christchurch.

Dark Arts in bottles is available at these Off Licences:
    • McHughs, Malahide Rd and Kilbarrack.
    • Drinkstore, Stoneybatter.
    • Next Door, Sundrive Rd.
    • Sweeneys, Glasnevin.
    • Deveneys, Dundrum.
    • Hollands, Bray.
    • Redmonds, Ranelagh.
    • The Mill Wine Cellar, Maynooth.
    • Bradleys, Cork.
    • Dicey Reilly's, Donegal.

Pubs where it's available in bottles:
    • Bierhaus, Cork.
    • Bierhaus, Galway.
    • Farringtons, Temple Bar.
    • The Salt House, Galway.

Unless of course they've sold out, and if so it's time to remind them to re-order some more.

It's also on tap in the abbots ale house bar in cork city full time and in stock in the off licence downstairs too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Anyone know if this is still on cask in Against the Grain? Thinking of heading down there tonight and would love to try this.

Advertisement