Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chael Sonnen **Thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Chael will definitely be next for Hendo. Hendo fights in mid-Nov at 205. if he's to take a fight at 185 it'll take him that much extra time to drop the weight. if Silva gets fit in time, it'll be Chael. it's a massive fight in ever sense of the word. Imagine they held it in Brazil?

Even if all the stars align and it's a straight decision between putting hendo or Chael in there, they'd be out of their minds to not give Chael the next shot.

ehh?? You mean Silva?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

scudzilla wrote: »
    ehh?? You mean Silva?

Crap, yeah tht's what I meant. My bad!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Don't expect Chael to take this quietly, expect some more Sonnen Gold in the next day or so

First the guy gets in trouble for fraud, then he tests positive for steroids, and now he wants to kick in someone’s door and slap their wife in the ass? This guy should be in jail; he shouldn’t be fighting. Chael is not the person that’s going to determine when [Silva] is going to take the fight. When he’s going to take this fight is when his shoulder is completely healed up, and he’s ready to start his training camp for the fight. It’s not because Chael says he wants to fight in February. Who is Chael to determine that? Chael needs to take a number and wait his turn. He got his opportunity, and he tapped. It’s not the first time he’s tapped, and I guarantee you it won’t be the last. Would it be a big fight? It would be a huge fight, but right now, it’s not so much who he’s going to fight and when. It’s making sure Anderson gets back to 100 percent before he gets in there.”

The above quote comes way of an interview with Anderson Silva’s manager, Ed Soares that was recently conducted by mmajunkie.com.

With Chael’s most recent dig to Anderson Silva in front of a sold out arena and live television audience, the Brazilian champions manager expresses their dislike for the proposed challenger and unwillingness to abide to his terms just on the notion that he offered them.

With Dan Henderson lurking around the corner and also lobbying for a rematch with Anderson Silva, and the bargaining chips falling in the hands of the Brazilians management team, could Chael Sonnen have talked himself out of a signed contract?

The UFC can make any match they want, they can make the calls, set the date and venue and print the contracts up for the fighters to sign, but ultimately Anderson Silva is the one who has to execute the bout agreement and make the fight official. Would the ultimate stab at Chael Sonnen be to delay his title aspirations in favor for another fight?

Link : http://bjpenn.com/news/2011/10/10/anderson-silva%E2%80%99s-camp-responds-to-chael-sonnen-challenge-6055.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bjpenndotcom+%28BJPENN.COM+NEWS+BLOGS%29&utm_content=FaceBook

I saw that up on mmajunkie and the first thing I thought was that that's a pretty stupid thing for a manager to say, it just sounds like they're trying to duck him. Now I'm not saying that they actually are, but you can bet Chael will.

I saw that up on mmajunkie and the first thing I thought was that that's a pretty stupid thing for a manager to say, it just sounds like they're trying to duck him. Now I'm not saying that they actually are, but you can bet Chael will.

That's Ed Soares for ya :rolleyes:

That's Ed Soares for ya :rolleyes:

What is with this guy? Why is it that he always feels the need to speak for his fighters? It's like he hangs out with all these killers, he's not one of them, but wishes he was!

He should stick to being in ring interpreter and leave the silly speeches to Steven Seagal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

oXIag.jpg

I think that the run up to the Stann fight proved what a 'genius' Sonnen really is, he kept his mouth shut as didn't wanna upset the nation by slagging an 'All American Hero'.

Goes to prove that he can shut up when required

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

I heard today that bisping reckons he deserves a shot at silva before sonnenn, the man is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I heard today that bisping reckons he deserves a shot at silva before sonnenn, the man is mental.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74913269&postcount=157

Ah Christ, just a matter of time before Chael breaks his silence, what with Bisping having a pop and now this....

“The man holds a PhD in idiocy. Pardon me but I have to express myself this way. PhD in idiocy. Not the regular kind, one with a degree in stupidity. Ahh… Let him say whatever he wants. In the end this is a democracy. Anyone can say what they want. I am only sorry that he is missing 30 pounds because I would beat his ass so bad, he would multiply 3 times. In anger I would be him up so bad that I would split him apart. I would clone him in three specimens… I’m hoping one day that I might see him summering in Croatia so I can iron his ass. So that steam will shoot out of his pompous ass. That’s what he needs to know.” - Mirko CroCop

LET THE MADNESS BEGIN :D:D

• Advertisement

I mean, I kinda believed him at first when he was saying "What's his name? I know his face but not his name" as if he mightn't have cared.

But after him going on about him for 4 solid minutes, it's quite obvious Chael has really gotten to him! He goes on and on and knows what he's said about who.

Mirko would smash him in a Kick-Boxing match. Other than that I couldn't see past Chael taking him down and giving Cro Cop a spanking!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,078 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think that the run up to the Stann fight proved what a 'genius' Sonnen really is, he kept his mouth shut as didn't wanna upset the nation by slagging an 'All American Hero'.

Goes to prove that he can shut up when required
    He acted completely as expected and his promoted the fight without insults.
    He's a very smart guy, and quickly becoming a fan favourite.

Mellor wrote: »
    He acted completely as expected and his promoted the fight without insults.
    He's a very smart guy, and quickly becoming a fan favourite.

He knows exactly what he's doing. Fighting is his bread and butter. Notice that he's always talking sh*t about more than one fighter at any given time. This is because he knows that either way there'll be guys wanting to fight him. And as long as he runs his mouth there will be interest in him.

I really like him now. Didn't like him on the way into the Silva fight but he's so entertaining and a lot of it is just talk! At the end of the day he's making cash monry!

And i'm sure Dana White, Lorenzo, Joe silva etc all know he is playign the game. But they don't care. THe guys talking ****e back are doing exactly what he wants.

Is Chael on Twitter, I don't have twitter, but I'd consider gettign his updates. Say they are gold.

Mellor wrote: »
    And i'm sure Dana White, Lorenzo, Joe silva etc all know he is playign the game. But they don't care. THe guys talking ****e back are doing exactly what he wants.

Is Chael on Twitter, I don't have twitter, but I'd consider gettign his updates. Say they are gold.

Yeah he is, he doesn't update very often but when he does they're complete gold!
    Sonnen on Twitter

@bigfootsilva, I want to tell you a joke so funny it will make your head grow. It goes like this..Oh wait, I see you have already heard it.
    http://twitter.com/#!/sonnench

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

That Silva response was after Chael tweeted that he was going to a training seminar and Bigfoot asked if they would be teaching him triangle defence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Another on Twitter..
    Anderson, you've got 24 hours to accept my offer. I suggest you take it, my next one won't be quite so nice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Has anyone seen Scaregilly lately? He's missing his moment of triumph

Ed Soares: "Anderson has about 4 fights left"

If so, it should really be
    Chael
    Hendo
    GSP
    Jones

Prob the 4 hardest of his career too. If he fancies a 5th fight, give him Bisping/Miller between Hendo and GSP. Shoudl be get that far, won't be easy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,505 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Chael Sonnen with Jim Rome again

Sonnen - "Me fighting the air would be more interesting than watching Silva fight GSP"
    Rome "Why?"
    Sonnen - "Cuz i'm wildly popular"

haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

He'd be much more suited to the WWE id say judgin by the way hes been carryin on lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

I will never respect a fighter that uses PEDs to gain an advantage over a fight.

People seem to be forgetting that Silva had fairly damaged his ribs prior to the fight as well as Sonnen using PEDs.

If a 2nd fight were to happen, I think Silva would finish it a lot quicker than last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

i think its unfair to say he was using PEDS, when he was being treated by his doctor for low testosterone levels. Although Silva did look badly injured and will be a lot better in a rematch, saying that i still think sonnen can take him. The only person who could take silva is a very strong wrestler or maybe belfort

I will never respect a fighter that uses PEDs to gain an advantage over a fight.

People seem to be forgetting that Silva had fairly damaged his ribs prior to the fight as well as Sonnen using PEDs.

If a 2nd fight were to happen, I think Silva would finish it a lot quicker than last time.
    He used drugs for a medical condition.
    Are they still PEDs if he has a reason for them? ie low test levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Bogus.

He was trying to take advantage of a loophole to use testosterone replacement therapy to gain an advantage. Men with genuine hormonal deficiencies are in >40, obese, have fertility and erectile problems.

Professional athletes with that much muscle and strength are not running low on natural testosterone. Does he have a lower natural serum test level than jon jones? Yeah probably. Is he deserving of a med cert? Probably not and he's got a pal with a MD writing him scripts.

Bogus.

He was trying to take advantage of a loophole to use testosterone replacement therapy to gain an advantage. Men with genuine hormonal deficiencies are in >40, obese, have fertility and erectile problems.

Professional athletes with that much muscle and strength are not running low on natural testosterone. Does he have a lower natural serum test level than jon jones? Yeah probably. Is he deserving of a med cert? Probably not and he's got a pal with a MD writing him scripts.
    I get that, maybe he shouldn't be taking it, morally or otherwise. But the sport allows peopel in hsi range to take it. He just didn't get clearance, which is why he came out of it looking less bad than somebody taking lots of HGH or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

its pretty epic when a guy talks so much **** that he gets a title shot, then to go on and put on that kind of performance against andy is unreal. i dont agree with some of his decisions (testosterone, wwe style banter etc) but one thing nobody can deny is that chael sonnen is a beast..

id give him a better shot against jon jones than many a 205lber.. (not saying he'd beat him, just that he'd give him a better fight)

by the by, i had a chance to meet chael just before the title fight and i was shocked how nice and normal he was.. he likes to let everyone believe he's a bit mental but in reality, like a lot of entertainers the dissapointing reality is that he's actually just a normal dude:D (at least outside the octagon!)

Chael officially confirmed as Silva's next opponent for the MW title

Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Chael officially confirmed as Silva's next opponent for the MW title

Source

Can't wait, pity about silvas injury though, won't be until at least April next year before he can fight.

• Advertisement

Let the madness begin :D:D

Advertisement