Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bond 23 - "Skyfall" *spoilers from post 595*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Trailer looks rather promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Paudie223

No, it's not. It was shot on digital. It's being converted to IMAX.

I see...can we expect a good show on IMAX even though its being converted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Unless its shot in IMAX i wouldn't spend the extra for IMAX tickets. It won't look anywhere as good as native IMAX.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Teaser trailer needs more bond music

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

some nice visuals in that trailer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Looks good. I like the shot of javier (well I think it's him) with the fire behind him

• Registered Users Posts: 85,098 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Interesting shot at 0:58: Bond and M (I think) standing, looking out over a valley in what looks like the Highlands of Scotland. I wonder what it means, considering there's an Aston Martin DB5 there too?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

bnt wrote: »
    Interesting shot at 0:58: Bond and M (I think) standing, looking out over a valley in what looks like the Highlands of Scotland. I wonder what it means, considering there's an Aston Martin DB5 there too?

The eponymous Skyfall is
    the name of an MI5 lodge in the Scottish highlands

I find the shot of the union-jack draped coffins intriguing, eight coffins, nine double-O agents, could Bond be the only surviving OO agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Daniel Craig looks fairly rough. Will be interesting to see how this film turns out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I think the scene with the word association fits in with other hypothesis online that Bond will be brainwashed of a sorts. Skyfall being some kind of trigger word.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Visually the film is looking very good. Camera seems very locked down, as is Mendes style. Deakins shooting digital for the first time will be very interesting.

And I just noticed that Stuart Baird is editing. Terrible director, but one of the best action editors in the business. After the disaster that was QoS's editing, his return is very good news indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Boring enough trailer but looks good anyway, just enough to hold the interest really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Trailer looks promising.
    Now it's time to keep the head down and avoid spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Visually the film is looking very good. Camera seems very locked down, as is Mendes style. Deakins shooting digital for the first time will be very interesting.

He already did In Time in digital so he's had a practice run. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this film ends up looking.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,146 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They've only gone and made Q a hipster :pac:

SKYFALL-Q_510.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Oh the humanity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

fluke wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing Spielberg doing one. actually I think Neil Marshall might be the man for the job.

I think Spielberg is fantastic but he would probably send them all up to space chasing the bad alien.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

love the way the Bond theme is worked into that trailer, is David Arnold doing the music again? he's given Bond a great sound since John Barry.

edit: actually he isnt, Thomas Newman is (shoulda guessed from Mendes' involvement) interesting choice given Newman usually does more reserved and emotional pieces instead of action scores. I'd love John Powell to get a crack at a Bond score, the most underrated composer in movies today imo, his How To Train Your Dragon score is a masterpiece.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Hmmmm...I think it was always going to ropey introducing him to the Craig/Bond universe, no matter what approach they used.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mickeroo wrote: »

SKYFALL-Q_510.jpg
    Wow, a Hollywood scientist with a skinny physique & wearing a cardigan and glasses.
    *sigh*
    It's so cliché, it zoomed past irony & came out the other side at some point of meta-cliché.

pixelburp wrote: »
    It's so cliché, it zoomed past irony & came out the other side at some point of meta-cliché.
    What was the alternative though, get an oiled up Tom Hardy or something?

I think they nailed it the first time with a cranky old man.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The alternative was anything, or at least anything that didn't bow to such obvious visual cliché; it's just barely one step above Professor Frink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

He wasn't a cranky old man when they cast him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Is Q even really needed in the "new" bond? I mean he doesnt really use gimmiky gadgets and even if he did it would have been neater to just mention Q but never let you see him.

They took a lot of the camp atmosphere out with the reboot but looking at this guy he seems massively out of place like he belonged in pre reboot bond. Hopefully screen time for him will be minimal.

Hell , even a guest appearance from Parkinson as Q would have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Wait til you see the movie before criticising. Remember the initial reaction to Judy Dench as M?

In this day and age it makes far more sense that someone developing tech gadgets for a double-O agent would be a young-ish tech geek than a crotchety old guy. How many of the design team for the iPhone etc. would be over 40?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Sleepy wrote: »
    Wait til you see the movie before criticising. Remember the initial reaction to Judy Dench as M?

In this day and age it makes far more sense that someone developing tech gadgets for a double-O agent would be a young-ish tech geek than a crotchety old guy. How many of the design team for the iPhone etc. would be over 40?
    That reminds me if Q just markets iPhones to Bond I shall be annoyed. 'James, this is an iPhones 4s and here's an app that I got off the store. At the click of the bottom it will knock your enemies out and it was developed by a child in Colorado....' :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Provided this doesn't mean silly gadgets are making a return, I don't really care about Q being in the film. However, it's obvious that the reason he's back is because of the Roger Moore fans whinging about CS and QoS being too serious and not cheesy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wow, a Hollywood scientist with a skinny physique & wearing a cardigan and glasses.
    *sigh*

You're right, this would have been much better casting (No cardigan)

MM.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

krudler wrote: »
    love the way the Bond theme is worked into that trailer, is David Arnold doing the music again? he's given Bond a great sound since John Barry.

edit: actually he isnt, Thomas Newman is (shoulda guessed from Mendes' involvement) interesting choice given Newman usually does more reserved and emotional pieces instead of action scores. I'd love John Powell to get a crack at a Bond score, the most underrated composer in movies today imo, his How To Train Your Dragon score is a masterpiece.

Think newman will be a good choice; his score for meet joe black was the only thing that mde that film bearable. Big fan of the road to perdition score also.

Advertisement