Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bond 23 - "Skyfall" *spoilers from post 595*

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Sivousplait

BostonB wrote: »
    Its an ok movie but it hasn't got style. There no real iconic scenes or lines in it. I want bond to be exotic locations and sets, and there weren't any tbh. The storyline had loads of unexplained gaps in it. I think they can do better.

I would find myself disagreeing. There were a lot of iconic moments in my opinion, certainly the appearance of the aston martin was hair-raising, coupled with the opening bike chase which was spectactular. I don't know if the fact I saw it twice would make me remember iconic lines (and make me biased) but I found myself satisfied with being able to quote lines because they were also memorable. "Agent...." "Provocateur..." Brilliant! that whole scene was very well done...you can tell Bond was on edge, tired of it all but realises KILLING IS HIS LIFE AND PROFESSION....feeling like a pawn in the system of OHMSS - reminded that he is a subject of her Majesty's government and jumping through hoops with the examinations, scrutiny and undermining from the upper echelons of the organisation.

If you are talking about his survival from dropping almost 50 feet after being shot (almost certainly in real life one would drown too) but I think there has to be poetic licence. It is Bond after all, he should have died long ago but like the song goes "how'd you learn to do the things you do....baby, you're the best!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Sivousplait

BostonB wrote: »
    I think there's a difference in being in an exotic location, its simply background, and using it as a plot device.

I think a lot of cities have underground trains, and they appear in every other movie. Did we really see that much of London in the movie?

does it not indicate that the film did have style by not having what you see as exotic locations like in the past? Don't think you see the irony of your comments. I know what you are looking for with exotic locations...(Macau was exotic by the way) but it was gritty in its portrayal of london, turkey (the colour is always rather dark in each of those scenes) etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

does it not indicate that the film did have style by not having what you see as exotic locations like in the past? Don't think you see the irony of your comments. I know what you are looking for with exotic locations...(Macau was exotic by the way) but it was gritty in its portrayal of london, turkey (the colour is always rather dark in each of those scenes) etc..

You've just described using a location as a backdrop. Not as a plot device. Doesn't matter. you don't agree. no problem.

I would find myself disagreeing. There were a lot of iconic moments in my opinion, certainly the appearance of the aston martin was hair-raising, coupled with the opening bike chase which was spectactular. I don't know if the fact I saw it twice would make me remember iconic lines ....

The bike scene was classic bond. I liked all that. I didn't think that level was maintained through the rest of the movie. Like you say maybe I should watch it again.

I was expecting one of the gas cylinders to launched from the Aston to take out the chopper.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Why didn't Albert Finney turn off the lamp after exiting the tunnel.
    He knew where he was going like the back of his hand.

Besides that everything was grand, well except the sexytime with the sex trafficked woman :rolleyes:

Advertisement