Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Ireland be divided between East and West??

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Snakeblood wrote: »
    It does. Shall I take my tea on the verandah, or in the observatory?

Well if you have both then it doesn't matter if it rains or not;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Tipp Man wrote: »
    Well if you have both then it doesn't matter if it rains or not;)

It's more the chill breeze, friend. I can't take it with my city ways. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anything thats gets better roads through roscommon, its hell to drive through. nothing but solid white lines and corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭greenpilot

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Weird but "The Pale" still exists, doesn't it?

:cool:

Actually, it does, it is a man made mound stretching all the way from Dublin and ends at Clongowes, Clane. There are parts of it still visible, so yes, it did, and in parts, does exsist. This is where the phrase "beyond the Pale comes from" It was used to keep us boggers out of Dublin

Anyway, the benefits of living in the Country far far outweigh living in a City, and the Dublin based lobby groups and media sometimes completely forget that there is another 3 million or so people living in the land of ours.

• Advertisement

The countrys nice for a day or two but I couldn't live there permanently,there's nothing to feckin do besides sit in a field or in a pub or talk about feckin GAA,no decent public transport and no internet besides those unreliable,expensive 3g mobile phone dongle things.

Peace and quite, beautiful scenery, every day, safe communities, safe to raise children, educational for kids, and it seems adults, loads of Internet options...I myself am with Westnet (no you would not have heard of it), Friendly people, Takes 20 minutes to travel 20 miles to work as opposed to 2.5 hours to travel 20 minutes to work, better quality of life, better social scene, great things to do at the Weekends, epic winter storms!!, oh, and by the way, most of us have been paying for our water for years, so it beggars belief why the Dubs are bitching that they might have to pay for their water supply....grow a pair!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Downlinz

The media is the problem in this country, I don't have a particular problem with Newstalk being dublin-centric given that was their original base and they aren't a state owned company. Similarly the Examiner is Cork based even though its distributed nationally. Its fine.

RTE is the problem here as the state owned national broadcaster, they should not be biased or catering for any one crowd but appear to overwhelmingly do so.

Advertisement