Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor humiliates 'simple' people.

Options
  • 29-09-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

I try to avoid this show as much as possible, but since the other half watches it, sometimes I catch a bit of it.
    It was on last week and there was someone trying to sing, but anyone could see they weren't the full shilling. Still though, the producers think it would be great entertainment to give this person about 5/6 minutes of air time. The whole audience of morons, (in their collective ignorance) laugh, point and boo this unfortunate person.

If this show is looking for 'talent', then why do the worst singers get so much air time?

As far as I can see, there are some people with genuine mental problems paraded on stage for mockery. The audience grunt, point and laugh, while the smug 'judges' wait to top it off with a blunt statement about how bad they are.
    I'm nt just saying this because I despise Louis and Simon. They are total cnuts.

It's just that I've never noticed anyone else who hates the show mention this aspect, except one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

It's just that I've never noticed anyone else who hates the show mention this aspect, except one.
    What? It's been argued countless times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I blame the friends or family members who let them do it knowing it'll destroy them but are too afraid to look like the bad guy.

Although in some cases singing on front of a packed concert hall is their dream, regardless if they're good or not they want to do that. And fair play to those people imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

It can also makes them rich and famous and which is their ultimate goal, win win situation if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

billybudd wrote: »
    It can also makes them rich and famous and which is their ultimate goal, win win situation if you ask me.
    I think you'll find that the people making the money are very rarely the ones up on stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

This song is for my third cousin who I met once twelve years ago and I nothing about him except but he is in hospital.
    I'm so sad over it, this song is from the heart and especially for you Johno

Is it a singing contest or whoever has the saddest sob story wins?

Even if they win I'd be sure the contract is structured that the producers and managers get most of the money ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

Look I'm no fan of Xfactor, but quit your moaning. If you dont like it, get rid of the woman and then you wont have to watch it. Or get in the shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Look I'm no fan of Xfactor, but quit your moaning. If you dont like it, get rid of the woman and then you wont have to watch it. Or get in the shed.

People shouldn't have opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

There was that Irish rocker type guy who came on the Late Late Show a few weeks ago (he sang Starman I think), and told his sob story.

I felt a bit sorry for him, he obviously doesn't have the look and isn't "marketable" according to Cowell and his cronies. But then I thought, hang on....he put himself in the position to be embarrassed, he brought it on himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

To be honest- anyone who goes on that show is mentally retarded / deluded / gullible and idiotic.

People queueing up to be expolited and cast aside-

And that goes for the viewers too- shallow bints the lot of em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Thai has been argued countless times. Look how much media coverage that woman who was on two weeks ago (who clearly was a few cans short of a sixpack and then some)..papers full of it, and the viewership probably shot up.

People are 'vetted' by two panels before they get through to the 'stage' bit..so they've been told they've a chance by that alone.

I don't blame family and friends as such; I blame parents when it comes to the young teens who cant sing/look like a popstar.

I work in Essex, where peoples base line frame of reference is that Xfactor is the NORM, along with manis, pedis, hair extensions, fake tan and modelling is normal for children. I used to blame parents directly, but even they are exposed to this norm. It's a scary vicious circle.

/RANT over...I'm always ranting about it but that in itself is a vicious circle..i'm talking about Xfactor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, didn't see it.

BTW, for anyone who hates this show, there's a clip of one of their judges getting served.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdtzFhsv6OU

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Thai has been argued countless times. Look how much media coverage that woman who was on two weeks ago (who clearly was a few cans short of a sixpack and then some)..papers full of it, and the viewership probably shot up.

People are 'vetted' by two panels before they get through to the 'stage' bit..so they've been told they've a chance by that alone.

I don't blame family and friends as such; I blame parents when it comes to the young teens who cant sing/look like a popstar.

I work in Essex, where peoples base line frame of reference is that Xfactor is the NORM, along with manis, pedis, hair extensions, fake tan and modelling is normal for children. I used to blame parents directly, but even they are exposed to this norm. It's a scary vicious circle.

/RANT over...I'm always ranting about it but that in itself is a vicious circle..i'm talking about Xfactor :)

Sounds like someone needs a vajazzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, didn't see it.

BTW, for anyone who hates this show, there's a clip of one of their judges getting served.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdtzFhsv6OU

Bunch of tits. They can't sing (or dance). They got told they can't sing.

That judge going on about how women should stick together is also a tit.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I think you'll find that the people making the money are very rarely the ones up on stage.

I said it can make them rich.

Also aot of people do very well after it regardless of the so called pittfalls, there are people who have appeared on it from years ago making very good money from circuit shows...Butlins, crusie ships etc, it gives them a profile they did not have before, i am not a fan of the show indeed i have never even seen it but surely you can see it raises some wannabe stars profiles, you go from sharon from tyrone to sharon from x factor and that marketing can be priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

To be honest- anyone who goes on that show is mentally retarded / deluded / gullible and idiotic.

Lol, I suppose you watch only intellectually and educationally stimulating programming then, yeah?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I agree the parents have to take some blame. It freaks me out when you see these kids go on, and their parents obviously think they are absolutly amazing, but then they can't hit a single note. I get that some parents idolize their kids and think they are great, but there are so many dellusional ones it's unreal :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What are you talking about? there's loads of sane, talented people on X-Factor

Jedward. two lads from lucan, self made millionaires before the age of 20 and during a recession, i am sure they all those things you mentioned :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Programmes like X Factor, Kyle, Springer appeal to the same part of the human psyche as used to be catered for by travelling freak shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

I try to avoid this show as much as possible, but since the other half watches it, sometimes I catch a bit of it.
    It was on last week and there was someone trying to sing, but anyone could see they weren't the full shilling. Still though, the producers think it would be great entertainment to give this person about 5/6 minutes of air time. The whole audience of morons, (in their collective ignorance) laugh, point and boo this unfortunate person.

If this show is looking for 'talent', then why do the worst singers get so much air time?

As far as I can see, there are some people with genuine mental problems paraded on stage for mockery. The audience grunt, point and laugh, while the smug 'judges' wait to top it off with a blunt statement about how bad they are.
    I'm nt just saying this because I despise Louis and Simon. They are total cnuts.

Whatever about how it was originally intended, this show is all about the drama, the gossip and the disasterous auditions.

Wasn't there a news story last week about how in an entire hour long episode there was only about 8 minutes of actual singing as everything seemed focused on the hype and the drama?

Link : http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/news-extra/article/185636/daily-tv-round-upjust-eight-minutes-of-singing-per-x-factor.html

It's not about finding new talent, it's about mocking retards and sh!t singers. And Simon Cowell's smug pretentiousness. The cnut is so far up his own ass he wears his kidneys as earrings.

Jedward. two lads from lucan, self made millionaires before the age of 20 and during a recession, i am sure they all those things you mentioned :rolleyes:

Self made? hardly....

smash wrote: »
    Self made? hardly....

How are they not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I don't think Leona Lewis is any of the things you mention. She is hugely successful, as other finalists/winners have been.

Obviously a show like the X Factor is going to attract people that aren't the full shilling. I know I can't sing and would not dream of putting myself up for the guaranteed ridicule.

Some people are obviously deluded in their talent and unfortunately are going to be ridiculed. No one is making these people try out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

i am sure they all those things you mentioned :rolleyes:

At least two of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

This forum humiliates simple people just as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

meh, jokes on them, anybody who watches xfactor is retarded.

Nothing but glorified karaoke singers being judged by no talent hacks, all winners are forgotten about way before the next "season" of the **** stain of a show begins. Its just sad how many people actually like the show, this reality crap is killing real TV. All the show really does is highlight the collective stupidity of the majority of humans.. sadly..

So the retards on the stage get pointed and laughed at by the audience/tv people and then we laugh at them for being so stupid/retarded. Just glad to be top of that "food chain" ;)

X factor, lowering the standards of humanity.

;)

loobylou wrote: »
    At least two of them anyway.

Which two?

How are they not?
    They went on a talent show, with no talent. Acted like complete morons and got signed by Luis Walsh. They're not self made, x-factor made them. Luis got them their gigs etc. then sold them on to another management agency because he owned the righst to them. And he made more from that sale than they've made. In a few years they'll be nobody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Demonique

Just because they're self made millionaires doesn't mean they have actual talent, they're awful

Advertisement