Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bible, Creationism, and Prophecy (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Bob_Marley wrote:
    on this he's right, you're wrong, and your complete lack of logic is embarrassing.

Bob_Marley wrote:
    on this he's right, you're wrong, and your complete lack of logic is embarrassing.

Good to see you again, Bob.

Just one more thing I'd like to say. I talk a lot about the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of God is within you. It is not up in the sky, or anywhere else. It is not a physical place. The Kingdom of God is in your heart. It is a spiritual place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Safehands

Just one more thing I'd like to say. I talk a lot about the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of God is within you. It is not up in the sky, or anywhere else. It is not a physical place. The Kingdom of God is in your heart. It is a spiritual place.

With the infinitely merciful God. Do you really believe all this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    It would be very altruistic for us all to sacrifice ourselves to hell by not teaching children about JC. They’d all be innocent and all future generations likewise.
    Being so altruistic may even be enough to get us to heaven too!

Any comment oweny?

Good morning, Bogwoppit. I just don't know what exactly you mean. Will you rephrase it please? Sorry about that.

• Advertisement

It's ok now. I understand. Why would you sacrifice yourself to hell for anyone? You would want to be totally crazy. An eternity without God? You would entirely regret it the second you enter hell. Remember hell will last longer than if each grain of sand in the world represented a million years.

Because it’s a completely unselfish and altruistic thing to do if it means, by your logic, that all future generations, for the rest of mankind (or until JC comes back for a visit) would automatically go to the kingdom of heaven.

In fact, not to do so seems to me like the only reason you teach about god m/JC/the Bible is to get into heaven yourself, but by doing so you’re condemning millions of people to hell.

Sacrifice the few to save the many?

But then you have the paradox, such unselfishness and sacrifice for the benefit of others surely means you deserve a place in heaven.

Why, in the name of God, would you sentence yourself to hell?

Also, what if a homosexual has never heard the word of god etc.?

Are they with or without sin?

Bogwoppit wrote:
    Also, what if a homosexual has never heard the word of god etc.?

Bogwoppit wrote:
    Are they with or without sin?

They are without sin.

• Advertisement

Why, in the name of God, would you sentence yourself to hell?

To save billions of others.

Surely a good thing yes?

Bogwoppit wrote:
    Surely a good thing yes?

Bogwoppit wrote:
    To save billions of others.

Would you sacrifice yourself for billions, if you were the one who would not end up with them?

They are without sin.

That’s everything solved so, surely this means the Christian thing to do is to sacrifice ourselves so everyone is saved.

To not do so is incredibly selfish and sinful.

Would you sacrifice yourself for billions, if you were the one who would not end up with them?

In a heartbeat

The Kingdom of God is within you. Just as satan lurks within.

Bogwoppit wrote:
    In a heartbeat

You don't understand what hell is.

The Kingdom of God is within you. Just as satan lurks within.

Yeah, we get that, you’ve said it plenty of times.

Doesn’t really help with my problem though.

Bogwoppit wrote:
    Doesn’t really help with my problem though.

What's your problem?

Bogwoppit wrote:
    Yeah, we get that, you’ve said it plenty of times.

I didn't say the second part before.

You don't understand what hell is.

It doesn’t matter what hell is or isn’t, if there is an opportunity to save billions of people by sacrificing yourself then to not do so is a very un Christian act.

• Advertisement

Hell is a place of eternal punishment. Why would you want to go there, no matter how many people you saved?

Bogwoppit wrote:
    It doesn’t matter what hell is or isn’t, if there is an opportunity to save billions of people by sacrificing yourself then to not do so is a very un Christian act.

Come on, Bogwoppit, start listening to yourself. It doesn't make sense.

You won't go to hell unless you sentence yourself to go there.

Hell is a place of eternal punishment.

I get that, but as I said, it doesn’t matter.

You’re not addressing the actual question I’m posing, by teaching future generations about god/JC we are potentially condemning them to that hell you keep saying is so awful.

If we stop teaching it we are saving every person ever born for the rest of time from sin.

By extension, the only reason we teach these things is to save ourselves, not because it’s right but only so we don’t go to hell ourselves, which makes it selfish and therefore sinful.

Come on, Bogwoppit, start listening to yourself. It doesn't make sense.

Makes perfect sense, you just choose not to consider it.

Bogwoppit wrote:
    If we stop teaching it we are saving every person ever born for the rest of time from sin.

Do you think you can fool God this way? How naive of you.

I said that satan lurks within the human heart. You must locate him, and dispel him. Then you allow God to reign supreme.

Do you think you can fool God this way? How naive of you.

I’m not fooling anybody, it’s perfectly logical based on what you said before, if somebody isn’t taught about god and JC they are without sin.

Bogwoppit wrote:
    I’m not fooling anybody, it’s perfectly logical based on what you said before, if somebody isn’t taught about god and JC they are without sin.

Yes. But in the case you mention, you have deliberately decided not to teach the children about God, in the vain hope that you will get away with it. As I say, God will not be fooled.

• Advertisement

Yes. But in the case you mention, you have deliberately decided not to teach the children about God, in the vain hope that you will get away with it. As I say, God will not be fooled.

I’m not trying to fool him, I’m going to hell yes, I accept that.
    Every future generation will be without sin though.

Advertisement