Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Sorry slimming world ppl I accidently posted in this thread instead of the WW thread. I've been following both but posted in this one by mistake.

I've been really interested in the SW plan it seems to really promote healthy eating and some of you are getting some brilliant results! Well done. All us weightloss ppl have to stick together ;) apologies again for posting in the wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭polly27

hi all was up a pound last week , was not disapointed as i had been out 2 nights but did lots of walking so thats how it was only a pound up, still have 4 and a half lost in 3 weeks, with the bank holiday weekend im worried that it will thow me off again but going to be good and walk everyday would love to get my half stone next week so heres hoping, nothing will stop me this year, even when i hit a road block, keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cupcake123

Im new and just found this page .....just popped into say hi .....I joined SW on the 31jan and am down 1 stone 3lbs with a weigh in tomorro ...I think its the best plan ive been on in a long time ...Love it ...and i knew afer the first night that this was for me .....Ive lots to lose and know that this is the year im gonna do it with the help of Slimming World .....:)Look forward to following everyones progress:)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hannah2011

Hey cupcake - that's fab!! I just joined last week so I'm waiting with baited breath for my first weigh in! I made a whole 'free' dinner today from the slimming world website. The chicken and mustard with sweet potato was lovely but the dessert - the chocolate mousse was fairly rank and just basically tasted like a put of philadelphia!! happy with the dinner though, would defo make it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I weighed myself on saturday morning and was up a pound. I was out on the Monday night but apart from that I was good. I changed weighing scales so not sure if that would have effected it as I found my old weighing scales hard to read.

Am dreading this weekend's weigh in after the bank holiday but you never know!

Made the chicken kiev's the other night, they were gorgeous! Am trying the chicken tikka tonight.

• Advertisement

Hannah2011 wrote: »

Anyone know where I can buy Quark? Couldn't see it in Dunnes today.

I was able to get the Quark in Dunnes, it was beside the cream.

Lost 6lbs this week only 5 to go and ill have 2 stone off in no time .....so happy ....:)Dont like that quark at all ....Mullerlights are a godsend ....i usually have the works for brekkie 4 times a week as i dont get hungry as quick and generally have a lighter lunch than b4 and then i have a lovely dinner ...i use my syns wisely ,mainly to make nice sauces for my dinners ,As long as i enjoy the meals im making i can see myself going all the way this time...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Hi everyone,

I started last week! Weighed in early this week and I'm 3.5 pounds down even after a heavy alcohol (and thus syn) filled long weekend! Absolutely delighted, it's only my first week! Cooked a lot of food Monday to keep me going for the week and am snacking on fruit. I'm loving the whole experience and don't really crave anything at the moment! Hopefully it'll stay going!

hi all didnt go this week, feeling crap and fed up had a heavy weeekend and feel like a big lump . i really need some inspirtation having a really bad week mentally food wise since yesterday is fine , thanks everyone and well done on all of your great results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

polly27 wrote: »
    hi all didnt go this week, feeling crap and fed up had a heavy weeekend and feel like a big lump . i really need some inspirtation having a really bad week mentally food wise since yesterday is fine , thanks everyone and well done on all of your great results :)

My advice ...and I think that I am going to have to take it this week too is you should really go for your weigh in! Cos then you will see you are not alone in having a bad week (I know that I did and would be happy if I stay the same). But You should put it all behind you and start afresh! Try and remember how you felt each time you were told that you were down...go for it again! It will be worth it!

• Advertisement

thanks robo i know your right , i just had a really off week but have een really good all week and going to get my half stone next week, i will never miss a weigh in no matter what lesson learned always face the scales even if i have a bad week, hope your weigh in went well

thanks robo i know your right , i just had a really off week but have een really good all week and going to get my half stone next week, i will never miss a weigh in no matter what lesson learned always face the scales even if i have a bad week, hope your weigh in went well

Cheers Polly - yeh it is tough at times but we can't beat ourselves up when we have a bad day or week. Just gotta think of the way we wanna feel when we lose the weight.

I am kind of still in shock, after 2 nights out last weekend, I have lost 2 and a half pounds. That is really down to walking home from work everyday (usually a 50 minute walk) and being good with my food and super foods (veg and fruit) on about 4-5 out of 7 days!
    I used to debate in my head each afternoon about walking or getting Luas/bus home and now I don't even second guess, it is automatically walking. So my next new mini goal is to lose 4lbs before Easter (2 weigh ins) to lose my first stone! And the scary part about it is that I think it is doable! Never before did I think that mini goals like this were doable!

Any one got some handy recipes that don't include mince meat, am getting a bit tired of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

didnt go this week either, one of the kids was in hospital and i didnt stick to the plan, not that i was bad, ate feck all, just feel crap, didnt get any exercise in either

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HanoriaC

hi just found this thread and so excited about it all. I was a ww person up til last year. Then began the long haul of fertility treatment and got pregnant and 2 weeks ago had miscarriage. sorry for all the detail. but now i feel its time for a new me to start living again. So i'm going to join slimming world this Tuesday. Excited cos I want to loose 2 stone before I try fertility treatment again. I'll be happy now with 20lbs gone so my count down is on and i'm going to get there. Just so happy that I found this thread and I'm sure i'll be on every week with questions and advice. so please feel free to give comments and help me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Hannah2011 wrote: »

Anyone know where I can buy Quark? Couldn't see it in Dunnes today.

In Tescos it can be found up at the deli counter where the meats and cheeses are. Normally a white kinda tub with some pink.

As for me well my 6 weeks of walking(working to get SW Body Magic awards to help stay motivated) every feicin day was finally starting to pay off weight loss wise and then of course St Paddys happened. :o
    The amount of alcohol and minerals, excessive amounts of milk, crisps+chocolate+ice cream and fast food was insane! :eek:

Physically feel terrible and unfit due to all that crap being in my system after being healthy for soo long. Literally was shattered!

Anyway as alot of SW folks say just draw a line under it all and forget about it. Start over!

So about to cook big batch(so can have some frozen in case I run out of stuff later in week) of my healthy chicken curry and rice. Then gonna do a simple 2 mile walk, freshen up and then do a 3 mile walk visiting some friends!

Plus I've found the best way to get extra fruit into me is to take an apple or a ready peeled orange with me on the walk so I have no other choice but to eat it :D

Back on track \o/ ....even more motivation: I may have a wedding to go to in feicin May :eek:

Hope you all are doing good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

hey just wondering about slimming world, looked on the website but cant find much.could someone please tell me what its like? what ur typical day would be etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HanoriaC

Fungums wrote: »
    hey just wondering about slimming world, looked on the website but cant find much.could someone please tell me what its like? what ur typical day would be etc
    i'm starting on Tuesday so not any help yet but as soon as i find out i'll share info. seems flexible and ya can eat potatoes i think. I love potatoes:)

Fungums wrote: »

If you look back over these pages there are loads of examples of typical days and also explains what is involved with the different plans.

You could pop along to a nearby class to check it out before you sign up. The consultant normally gives you a run through before/after the class to give you an idea of what it's all about. You could fill out your application sheet that day or maybe take it home and have a think about it. Most folks sign up then and there! Keep an eye out in newspapers or magazines SW sometimes has that offer of €9 off registration.

thanks robo. i know its going to be all worth it, feel i could be up this week after my bad week last wk and didnt get weighed and had a bit of a bad weekend, whatever it is i will just take it and start a fresh on tuesday and get my half stone in the next two weeks, that is great that you get a good walk in everyday, i go walking every lunch hour for 15 or 20 mins , i know its not long but i feel 20 mins is better than nothing and then i go walking every evening and started kickboxing 2 weeks ago so im still on track for my goal which is at least 2 stone by the aug bank holiday and 4 stone for xmas , it wont be always easy and we will all hit roadblocks thats life but the main thing is to not give up and im going to go every week even if i have a bad one, thanks for the advice, good luck this week

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

So was only down a little bit today and I worked quite hard at it! Would it have something to do with the fact that its that time of the month? People say that sometimes adds a pound or two?! An I clutching at straws? I'm really disappointed!

• Advertisement

That time of the month or the run up to it or even the week after it can cause an increase due to fluid retention and all that craic. Depends on the woman, everyone is different.

Also if you are starting to get more exercise in for the first 2-3 weeks(again every person different for me it was feicin 4 weeks!) you may have no weight loss or even a slight gain. More fluid retention to do with the muscles. But don't worry it starts to properly fall off then :)

Weighed myself on Saturday and was dreading it due to the long weekend but was down 3.5lbs!! So that is 7.5lbs in 3 weeks!!!

Even though half a stone is gone I still don't feel the benefits, I know it because I have a good bit to lose but would just like to start noticing the results physically.

Am going away in May and my aim is to have another stone gone by then.

well was up half a pound this week , i was relieved in one way as thought it would be more as had a great weekend but thats it now i,m back on track still have four pounds lost in four weeks, im going to a wedding in two weeks so going to have my half stone by then , i know its going to be all worth it so not giving up

Well i stayed the same this week .and i wouldnt mind but i really worked hard ,Putting it down to the lead up to TOTM....hoping it will show on the next weigh in ....5 pound off 2 stone .....Good luck all and think positive and stay motivated ,the weeks dont be long slipping away and before we know it we wil be all slimmer trimmer and fitter ......:D

cupcake123 wrote: »
    Well i stayed the same this week .and i wouldnt mind but i really worked hard ,Putting it down to the lead up to TOTM....hoping it will show on the next weigh in ....5 pound off 2 stone .....Good luck all and think positive and stay motivated ,the weeks dont be long slipping away and before we know it we wil be all slimmer trimmer and fitter ......:D
    I was the same...but I lost 2lbs last week after a weekend of indulging (Paddy's day) so I don't feel too bad. Did loads of walking all week....average an hour of speed walking a day. So I think that is having effect on my body changing with exercise etc. Yeh just gotta stay motivated and keep it up cos it is working. Best of luck everyone

I only lost 1/4 of a pund this week but it's still something. It's TOM so that probably counts too.

I have a question about the recipes on the SW website - the syns at the top to the recipes are they per serving of for the whole recipe?

The week before where I lost nothing has paid off, I lost 3lbs this week & was delighted! Had a bad head cold and was considering not going, so so glad that I did. Now I just have 1lb to get my first stone! I have told everyone NOT to buy me an Easter Egg.

Oh and I finally found some decent low fat salad dressings in Dunnes today, Ceaser Salad & Thousand Island Dressing! Am bloody thrilled with that find, was getting sick of low fat French vinegarette dressing!

Still no budge for me in fact was up a half this week i have stuck with it and am hoping for a shift on the scales 2moro ....please god ....thats great Robo ....and thanks for the tip on the salad dressings ,i was struggling with that myself ...must go stock up with some.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Wow can't believe it people responded to my thread.....
    Thanks everyone I hadnt checked it since I'd posted because no one had replied to me on checking it, but I can't believe the response and all the support everyone's giving eachother on here
    WELL DONE EVERYONE!

Well I'm not doing so good my weightloss is ridiculous following plan 100% even my consulted was baffled I wasn't losing weight, would loose then gain then loose stupid had my head melted had me bursting into tears when stepping off the scales so I've takin a step back and feel ready to start a fresh

So will be checking in here more frequently for support
    Thanks everyone

• Advertisement

hey there Layla dont lose heart ....I didnt budge on scales and had a meltdown last week :confused:but i stuck with it and i think im good for a loss 2moro .:D....Im blaming TOTM....fluid fluctuations ....If you have been good it will catch up and show eventually , i know this as that was me for the past 3 weeks.and its so frustrating..Stick with it girl......the results will follow ....:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement