Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

Danniboo wrote: »
    Anyone know what I could do with some quark, fromage frais, quorn mince, herbs and some veggies for dinner?

maybe you could make a chilli with the quorn mince and veggies, then have quark instead of sour cream?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

Use a tin of tomatoes if you have them, cook it all off and take off the heat add 2/3 tablespoons of quark and you will get a creamy sauce, actually lovely!!
    emma_mc123 wrote: »
    maybe you could make a chilli with the quorn mince and veggies, then have quark instead of sour cream?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Rejoined online on wednesday after almost a year away from dieting (I was pregnant and definitely eating for two).
    I weigh the most I ever have now so looking forward to getting stuck in. Iv also roped my other half in for moral support!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mharper

Anyone have any inspiration I'm really struggling at the minute :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Re recipes? Baked potatoes I find are great when stuck for lunch or dinners fill with toppings like baked beans, chopped onions peppers mushrooms, coleslaw, laughing cow low low or philly light
    Try and do bit of body magic just a 20 minute walk or some zumba which I love
    Eat lots of filling foods like eggs, chicken chickpeas lentils and stews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Mharper wrote: »
    Anyone have any inspiration I'm really struggling at the minute :(

In what way are you struggling hon?

Merkin wrote: »
    In what way are you struggling hon?

I joined slimming world in November and I am down 21lb which I'm delighted with however the last week I just can't stop eating crap! I am never full no matter what I eat :( I make the lasagna, spaghetti bolognese, stew, stir fry all what I am supposed to be making but nothing seems to be filling me at all plus I'm eating loads of fruit!

some days I've been tempted to try it but can't do it to myself lol...fair play!

I always put a yogurt through the porridge it's really tasty

Mharper wrote: »
    I joined slimming world in November and I am down 21lb which I'm delighted with however the last week I just can't stop eating crap! I am never full no matter what I eat :( I make the lasagna, spaghetti bolognese, stew, stir fry all what I am supposed to be making but nothing seems to be filling me at all plus I'm eating loads of fruit!

Well done on your 1.5stone loss, that is amazing, you must be really pleased.

Are you drinking enough water? People often mistake thirst for hunger so check your liquid levels just to make sure you're hydrated enough.

You shouldn't really be hungry on SW as there is such an array of filling food available to us so are you sure you're actually eating enough?

Also, if you're hungry and you're reaching for crap then that is simply going to mess with your sugar levels and make you crave even more.

Do you like soup? I make a really tasty veg soup and it's great to have on the go as a filler.

Another thing, if you do feel you are really craving sugar why not make one of the SW desserts made with Splenda to satisfy the cravings? I have a lovely recipe for a squidgy chocolate cake which I can PM you if you like, only 3.5Syns for a big slice! :D

Are you drinking enough water? People often mistake thirst for hunger so check your liquid levels just to make sure you're hydrated enough.

You shouldn't really be hungry on SW as there is such an array of filling food available to us so are you sure you're actually eating enough?

Also, if you're hungry and you're reaching for crap then that is simply going to mess with your sugar levels and make you crave even more.

Do you like soup? I make a really tasty veg soup and it's great to have on the go as a filler.

Another thing, if you do feel you are really craving sugar why not make one of the SW desserts made with Splenda to satisfy the cravings? I have a lovely recipe for a squidgy chocolate cake which I can PM you if you like, only 3.5Syns for a big slice! :D

I'll try drink more i never thought of that! Could you dm me the recipe for the cake and for your veg soup please it would be much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Just getting away from the subject a bit I have been eating healthier on SW started eating more fruit, veg, red meat, eggs, beans etc. so all good? unfortunately feeling more gassy too :o website say to alliviate that you should avoid the foods that cause it all well and good but most of these are what I eat for Slimming World and I like them now I have started. Anyone have this problem and if so how did you sort it out. Natural supplements, tablets to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If you are eating alot of fruit,5 pieces or more say and fruit with a meal this is quite likely to cause gas.
    Try having the fruit as a standalone snack and 3 pieces a day,i had the same problem with excess fruit and doing this helped me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

gillian mckeith used to always say fruit breaks down quicker than regular food...so it stays in your gut and rots...giving you gas lol. so never eat it after a meal.

I thought I came up with a great recipe. I made a chicken pie yesterday..with mash potato on the top and using quark to make a creamy sauce. the bad news is the quark completely dried up in the oven lol....the good news is...before I put it I the oven I made a delicious creamy sauce! finally a use for quark! lol

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I had a wedding on friday and a party last night. I didn't make one good choice, but I'm not too bothered. I'm back on track today, made my soup and am making dinner now. I know I'm going to be up this week, but I'm prepared for that because I had a crackin weekend and it was my second blowout (apart from christmas) since I joined last september so I'm happy out! hope everyone enjoyed their weekend... and I hope we all enjoy the week ahead.... Even if we can't ignore tuesday :D

miss choc wrote: »
    Just getting away from the subject a bit I have been eating healthier on SW started eating more fruit, veg, red meat, eggs, beans etc. so all good? unfortunately feeling more gassy too :o website say to alliviate that you should avoid the foods that cause it all well and good but most of these are what I eat for Slimming World and I like them now I have started. Anyone have this problem and if so how did you sort it out. Natural supplements, tablets to take?

I agree, cut down on your fruit intake. I was eating wayyyy too much fruit at the start and should have come with a government health warning :eek:

Also peppermint tea is good for the tummy so you should have a cup or two of that and it will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Does anybody know the syn value of Danone Vitalinea 0% yoghurt or is it free - I was trying to check on line but can't for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

deelite wrote: »
    Does anybody know the syn value of Danone Vitalinea 0% yoghurt or is it free - I was trying to check on line but can't for some reason
    if its fruit I always syn it...only thing I don't syn are the mullers that are free on the website.

I base it as all fruit 0% yoghurts which I think are 1 syn

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Hey would you mind sending me on those recipes too please?? cake sounds delish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Can you put it up here might be handiest as I'd love recipe for cake too.

Having fun throwing out clothes that are too big. Wish I had more money to replace them all.

After my disaster last week of unfairly putting on a half pound I have being keeping a food diary and will hand it into leader on Tuesday. Have only ate 15 syns one day the rest of time it is around 10. Hopefully I lose this week as I will be really upset if I don't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hey guys,

Weigh in tonight, hoping for my half stone award but not too sure now :( Was really good up until Saturday evening food out, wine, beer, dessert the lot. Then more drinks and eating out for the match yesterday.

• Advertisement

Next time, youput the quark in the oven mix an egg with it first and then use it, kinda helps it
    gillian mckeith used to always say fruit breaks down quicker than regular food...so it stays in your gut and rots...giving you gas lol. so never eat it after a meal.

I thought I came up with a great recipe. I made a chicken pie yesterday..with mash potato on the top and using quark to make a creamy sauce. the bad news is the quark completely dried up in the oven lol....the good news is...before I put it I the oven I made a delicious creamy sauce! finally a use for quark! lol

I was exactly the same, 5/7 is still good :) chin up you could be suprised, i hope i am. Fingers crossed.

QUOTE=Danniboo;83156880]Hey guys,

Weigh in tonight, hoping for my half stone award but not too sure now :( Was really good up until Saturday evening food out, wine, beer, dessert the lot. Then more drinks and eating out for the match yesterday.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭chelbi

Hi all does anyone know the SYN value of a packet of Tayto crisps. I am no longer a member so can not look up the value on the online syn calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I'm coming to join your thread :)
    Started slimming world last week, finding it good. Easy to keep full etc. Spent my evening yest making big pots of dinners for the freezer, curry and bolognese. I find if I am organised it works :)

Weigh in on Wednesday so fingers crosSed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭dahat

15st 8lb,2lb down this week,pretty pleased and rate of loss has steadied which i am happy with...

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Haven't posted in awhile but i thought I'd write on here to motivate myself and get back to my sw train of thought. Had a DISASTEROUS weekend and day today. I wouldn't even tell you all what i ate cause it was embarrassing. Last week was my sw anniversary id lost 8.5lbs. Since that weigh in I've done nothing but eat rubbish. Treating myself with crap food to congratulate myself on the loss. Does anyone else do this? Need a proper kick up the arse! Dreading tomorrows weigh in!

20 calories is 1 syn

chelbi wrote: »
    Hi all does anyone know the SYN value of a packet of Tayto crisps. I am no longer a member so can not look up the value on the online syn calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Anybody know what sausage's are low in syn's or syn free.I tried slender choice & did'nt like them a bit chewy I thought.I bought hodgin's gluten free over the weekend.According to the syn calculator their 3 syn's each :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Anybody know what sausage's are low in syn's or syn free.I tried slender choice & did'nt like them a bit chewy I thought.I bought hodgin's gluten free over the weekend.According to the syn calculator their 3 syn's each :eek:
    Mallons have new low fat sausages out, syn free.

• Advertisement

Hodgins have a low fat one. It's very similar looking to gluten free pack but it is white packet. I made mistake 2 weeks ago nearly died as had ate 3, the low fat are free and delicious. Had them tonight with sweet potatoe chips

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement