Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

well done miss choc :) I'm really hoping to get my 1.5 stone next week! :D down 1 lb tonight so I'm happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

Up one, its ok i expected after the weekend, slow cooker on today so back on plan for next week.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Dair, I love that when you know what to do and you go get yourself prepared and have a plan. They are certainly my better weeks and the weeks I enjoy most :)

Can't wait for curry tonight :) yum!

Completely agree, if i get back on track straightaway, all should be ok for next week. cant have perfect weeks all the time :)
    ChewChew wrote: »
    Dair, I love that when you know what to do and you go get yourself prepared and have a plan. They are certainly my better weeks and the weeks I enjoy most :)

Can't wait for curry tonight :) yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

So I have lost six and a half pounds since the beginning of the new year, but I would say a lot of that is because I haven't been able to eat properly for the last week, I had three wisdom teeth removed recently by a surgeon! To be brutally honest I haven't really been sticking to the diet, especially at weekends.

I know that I need to get organised and actually follow this diet plan properly to get the results that I want so I have now done a meal plan for myself and the bf, and did my shopping online to avoid temptation in the supermarket. I have planned tasty meals from the SW magazines for the weekend instead of having takeaway so here's to another fresh start, I am determined to take it one week at a time and finally lose this two stone that has crept up on me!

Like I said before I am doing SW online, can't make it to meeting so the other part of the plan is to use this thread instead :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Welp, figured I'd try posting in here as I'm all set to join up next week, however grudgingly. My mother's currently on a mad quest to loose weight in time for a friend's wedding in August and is currently pestering me to join with her for support. Considering how I've tried dieting with Motivation last year and ended up nearly €800+ out of pocket, I feel I've gained back at least half of the two stone I lost on it due to overindulging at Christmas and I'm a little wary of handing over money to yet another diet club.
    I've tried SW before and the most I ever seem to loose is around 11-12lbs before some big event comes along such as Easter or Christmas and I end up gaining it all back plus more.
    In short, I'm not optimistic but my mother cooked up a lovely batch of the No Calorie Soup last night and after two bowls, I'm full.
    Also, I had a look at the new booklets and it seems much more straightforward than the last time I was on it so I'll reserve judgement for now.
    At the very least, it's a good deal cheaper than the one-on-one high protein-low-carb-no-sugar shpiel I paid for at Motivation so I'll give it a bash for a month and see if it makes any difference.
    According to the BMI calculator on the SW website, I have a BMI of 41 and the competive dieter in me is saying that if I can get it down by 5 points then I'll be a bit happier with my current shape.
    That said, I'm utterly sick of dieting and watching my figure. I know I'll never be a size 10 and I've accepted that fact but to even be able to go into the likes of Penneys or Dunnes and pick a size 18 off the rack and have it fit without straining at the seams- that's all I ask.
    It would certainly make my life easier, especially in the wallet department. Big sizes aren't cheap, y'know!
    Going to have my first meeting sometime next Wesnday so I'll update then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

McChubbin wrote: »
    Welp, figured I'd try posting in here as I'm all set to join up next week, however grudgingly. My mother's currently on a mad quest to loose weight in time for a friend's wedding in August and is currently pestering me to join with her for support. Considering how I've tried dieting with Motivation last year and ended up nearly €800+ out of pocket, I feel I've gained back at least half of the two stone I lost on it due to overindulging at Christmas and I'm a little wary of handing over money to yet another diet club.
    I've tried SW before and the most I ever seem to loose is around 11-12lbs before some big event comes along such as Easter or Christmas and I end up gaining it all back plus more.
    In short, I'm not optimistic but my mother cooked up a lovely batch of the No Calorie Soup last night and after two bowls, I'm full.
    Also, I had a look at the new booklets and it seems much more straightforward than the last time I was on it so I'll reserve judgement for now.
    At the very least, it's a good deal cheaper than the one-on-one high protein-low-carb-no-sugar shpiel I paid for at Motivation so I'll give it a bash for a month and see if it makes any difference.
    According to the BMI calculator on the SW website, I have a BMI of 41 and the competive dieter in me is saying that if I can get it down by 5 points then I'll be a bit happier with my current shape.
    That said, I'm utterly sick of dieting and watching my figure. I know I'll never be a size 10 and I've accepted that fact but to even be able to go into the likes of Penneys or Dunnes and pick a size 18 off the rack and have it fit without straining at the seams- that's all I ask.
    It would certainly make my life easier, especially in the wallet department. Big sizes aren't cheap, y'know!
    Going to have my first meeting sometime next Wesnday so I'll update then.

McChubbin, I'm a long time lurker of H&F forums and in particular these threads.

I'm constantly inspired by people who decide to retake control in their lives and live a healthier one.

I wish you all the very best.

1 tip before I go, though. You absolutely can be that size 10 if thats what you want to be. There is no reason why you can't do so by eating a heathly, balanced, low calorie, moderate carb and low sugar diet combined with regular exercise that gets out of breath and sweaty.

The other major thing to accept is that it probably took you a long time to get to the point where you are now, perhaps all your life. You should therefore accept that it may take a long period of time to get to that size 10. I think if you adjust your mind to that fact, you're much more likely to succeed.

Remember, its a LIFEstyle change. Not a 3, 4, 6 months change....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Ha ha Clicli I was in same boat losing the weight through no fault of my own week before Christmas I lost 5lb in a week due to vomiting bug but to be honest wouldnt wish that on anyone :( was so happy with the loss that day I was driving home for Xmas that day and treated myself to a Praline and cream coffee in Applegreen bold :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

my husband has confiscated my scales...after 3 days of absolute no change I'm starting to worry that my weight loss is going to be a standstill this week. I'm doing everything I did before so not sure what's going on...but anyhow the scales is gone so I can't panic anymore lol

I was so organised, until my shopping arrived and Superquinn were out of stock of some vital ingredients! I am going to have to change my meal plan for the week now, little bit frustrated :mad:

• Advertisement

Fantastic point GavMan, i have been doing SW 6 months now and am 2.5lbs off a 2 stone loss. mMaybe this is slow to some people but i have still enjoyed living my life, i just make really good choices the majority of time. I accept that my loss is slower than some but it is still a loss overall. Nobody can be perfect all the time and the way i see it, if i didnt join i would still have that 2 stone and more(possible alot more looking at my diet and what i thought was need for crisps :) )
    GavMan wrote: »
    McChubbin,
    The other major thing to accept is that it probably took you a long time to get to the point where you are now, perhaps all your life. You should therefore accept that it may take a long period of time to get to that size 10. I think if you adjust your mind to that fact, you're much more likely to succeed.

QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Haven't posted since Wed WI as I was so totally devastated. :( Have been 100% on plan and lost a measly .5lb in two entire weeks. So that's a 3lb loss in three weeks. I do now think it's attributable to being slack on the exercise front though so I've joined the 8-week GOLD Body Magic challenge....here's hoping!

Very proud today, my husband brought me out for a Thai lunch and I had Syn-free vegetable and bean soup. It was really yummy and I managed to avoid the delicious smelling bread that came with it! Going to have a couple of cheeky little voddy and slimlines later! Hope you're all having a good week! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Been so good treating this week like my first. Eatibg between 5-10 syns each day. Cannot wait to see a loss on tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Thought I would say hi, il be joining SW this week. Was doing it last year and had lost a stone and a half before I found out I was pregnant. My little baba is a month old now so time to get back on the wagon cos if I don't do it soon I'm never going to stop eating rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

clicli wrote: »
    I was so organised, until my shopping arrived and Superquinn were out of stock of some vital ingredients! I am going to have to change my meal plan for the week now, little bit frustrated :mad:

Can you not go down your local and pick up the missing bits?

Danniboo wrote: »
    Can you not go down your local and pick up the missing bits?

I had surgery last week, not really up to going shopping which is why I ordered it online, it's ok though, I have rearranged my menu :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

bulmersgal wrote: »
    So made my butternut squash soup but forgot to put in potatoe so it's just a super free soup so that's good.

Then had the mushy pea curry with the baked beans in it. Sounds rotten but for somebody who doesn't like mushy peas or baked beans it was massive. Had the look and taste of proper curry sauce when blend. It's a super free and even better a SUPER SPEED. I had actifry chips n rice, can't wait to eat it again. Loads left over so froze them in individual pots so if I want curry I can just defrost one of them.

The recipe if anybody wants to try it is.
    2 onions
    Clove of garlic
    Tin of mushy peas
    Tin of baked beans
    Tin of tomatoes
    Tin of water
    2 chicken stock cube
    2 dessert spoons of curry powder ( I used mild)

Fry the onions for 2 min, add the curry powder fry another minute. Then add the rest of ingredients bring to boil, cook for few minutes then blend.

I added a bit more curry powder 1/2 spoon as could still taste peas. Also some people like to put it through a sieve after blending

Oh wow!! I made this sauce tonight and it was absolutely gorgeous, if you love chip shop style curry sauce you will love this! I did also add some extra curry sauce as I could taste beans more than anything.
    Thanks for posting this recipe, thats why I love this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Hi guys, ooh lots of new members, great to see!! 17lb down in I suppose 10wks, counting out my little three month break lol. Had good last two wks, shifted 3lb but then had crap day today! Saw few people posting about standstill on scales despite sticking to plan, don't worry, I tend to have a decent loss every second week, it comes off eventually.

Im sure they've been mentioned here but what I find great for lunch in work when it's too cold for salad is the Bachelors Mug Shots, the tomato & herb one is syn free and it's gorgeous, Superquinn were selling them for only 50c today, there's recession busting prices for you!!

Saw another poster mentioning no real change in clothes sizes despite a decent loss well here's your sister!! My loss is def noticeable and my work trousers are much looser but I still can't fit into the next size down, same with jeans, my current pairs are gone loose but I can't get into smaller size, was very frustrated in town today and I came home feeling like I had gotten nowhere. I did buy a top a size smaller alright but I just felt disappointed :-(

Anyway onwards and upwards (well downwards actually!)

Byeeee x

• Registered Users Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Down another 2lbs this week to 15st 10lb,absolutely over the moon tbh,all this loss with no exercise at the minute is just amazing..

This week i am changing my sugar habits and watching my milk intake.Yesterday i got Canderel Stevia sweeteners for my tea in work,i also just had my porridge with water instead of milk,a change in taste but i was using way too much milk all round.

My wife made the Superspeed soup yesterday,really tasty but i love veg type soups anyway.Also this week we dumped Salt and Ketchup from the house,2 huge steps for us...
    For my work lunches and chicken salad mixes i bring i got some Jalapeno relish from Alidi,very very tasty and adds a kick to a boring chicken salad mix...

Hopefully this week brings another 2-3lb loss..........

okish weekend, dinneer out but just 2 drinks 2 days to make it better roll on WI wednesday. Hope everyone had a good weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

Dair wrote: »
    okish weekend, dinneer out but just 2 drinks 2 days to make it better roll on WI wednesday. Hope everyone had a good weekend :)

I'm sure you'll be fine

My weekend wasn't great but much better than my mid week

I've arranged a quick chat with my consultant before group on Tuesday. I feel like I've been doing a lot of emotional type eating, when stressed, bored etc.
    So I really want to talk about that, all my meals tend to be very healthy and on plan, and my exercise is excellent 90% of the time
    It's just this snacking/binging that is really holding me back

Fingers crossed I'll make some movement in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Up 2 lb - my own fault here's to the next weigh in....

Really nervous about my weigh in today. I was really good up until Friday and then was terrible all weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Danniboo wrote: »
    Really nervous about my weigh in today. I was really good up until Friday and then was terrible all weekend :(

Good luck for later Danniboo

I went out for dinner on Friday and allowed myself a night off. The plan was getting to me and if anything I felt I was being WAY too strict. So I went out and had a 2-course Indian meal (with naan bread :o) and limited myself to two vodka & slimlines. The whole meal came to 40 Syns and I enjoyed it all.

Psychologically it was good for me insofar as I was feeling like SW was taking over my life but allowing myself that "blow-out" was good because although I enjoyed it I was anxious to get back on plan the next day. I don't know what impact it will have come WI on Wednesday but I've done three hours of power walking this week and been relatively good so I'm hoping I see a better loss than last week.

Good luck to everyone, hope it goes well this week! xx

Merkin wrote: »
    Good luck for later Danniboo

I went out for dinner on Friday and allowed myself a night off. The plan was getting to me and if anything I felt I was being WAY too strict. So I went out and had a 2-course Indian meal (with naan bread :o) and limited myself to two vodka & slimlines. The whole meal came to 40 Syns and I enjoyed it all.

Psychologically it was good for me insofar as I was feeling like SW was taking over my life but allowing myself that "blow-out" was good because although I enjoyed it I was anxious to get back on plan the next day. I don't know what impact it will have come WI on Wednesday but I've done three hours of power walking this week and been relatively good so I'm hoping I see a better loss than last week.

Good luck to everyone, hope it goes well this week! xx

Thanks a mil, i''ll need it I was up last week hoping it won't be the same this week. Sounds to me like you'll be fine that was quite a controlled break out, fair play, I just didn't eat well Friday night, all Saturday and Sunday. Your right about going mad every now and then, has to be done. That's what I love about SW, it allows you to live and you don't feel too bad if your not good one week.

I blame the weather too, i always crave more when its cold. Today i cant get enough into me, but its ok for a change all free or superfree :)

Emma, go you for taking control, the grazing as i call it is hard to get out of the habit!!!

Dee i was up last week too and same as that entirely my fault, im hoping its gone this week and more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

I had my first weigh in yesterday down 6lbs.That was for 2 weeks,as I can only make class every second week(shift worker).I'm delighted with that result.Slimming world rocks :)

down 3lbs yay! 17.5 in total. I think I'm finally starting to trust the plan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Making Porridge with water reminds me of food ya would get during war times!!
    Had to start using water as i was going way over my milk allowance according to the Mrs.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Making Porridge with water reminds me of food ya would get during war times!!
    Had to start using water as i was going way over my milk allowance according to the Mrs.

some days I've been tempted to try it but can't do it to myself lol...fair play!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement