Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home heating oil - cheapest in Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

After ringing a few suppliers Shreelawn oil were the cheapest @ €405 for 500 liters.

Most of the others were looking for €415-€420 so give them your business.

I got €410 for 500l from Naughtons. I went with them as they are a local Limerick company and family run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,759 ✭✭✭893bet

Ironically it’s back to the prices on page 1! 7 years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I remember sometime in the last 3 years getting kerosene for 48c, that's been the lowest for a long time. Filled the tank and if I had more space I would have gotten more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Order for delivery on or before Tuesday, it's going up in the budget

• Registered Users Posts: 32 millies23

Shreelawn today 83c/L delivered. Up & up it goes :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

millies23 wrote: »

Seriously, that's scandalous altogether!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

millies23 wrote: »

Oil prices have pulled back over 10% from highs 2 weeks ago though dollar has strengthened giving a net 8% drop in euro terms.

Expect 4-5c drop over next 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I got 500l from Naughtons for €405 yesterday.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

Does anyone know anywhere below €400 for 500 liters at the moment? First time ordering so not sure who is best to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

limktime wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere below €400 for 500 liters at the moment? First time ordering so not sure who is best to use.
    Texoil https://texoil.valero.com/
    quoting €384.76 for 500 litres kerosene online

• Advertisement

limktime wrote: »

Naughtons tend to be competitive on price so they would be worth a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

Naughtons €390 - 500L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

East Clare Oil. €400 for 500l today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭snowcat

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    East Clare Oil. €400 for 500l today

Texoil still at 380. I would expect further falls in the next week with the price of crude dropping.

Texoil 345 today 500 litres kero

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Showing just shy of €350 for me for 500 ltrs. @ 11am with Texoil. Does it fluctuate that much during the day:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

coxy123 wrote: »
    Showing just shy of €350 for me for 500 ltrs. @ 11am with Texoil. Does it fluctuate that much during the day:(

I don't know if it's still the same but I asked a few years ago and was told that price changes are on Monday and Wednesday mornings .

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Just for info; 500 L Kero this morning €360 Naughton's and €375 Tara Oil.

peking97 wrote: »
    Just for info; 500 L Kero this morning €360 Naughton's and €375 Tara Oil.

Should really give Texoil the business as they are the ones leading the price reductions in the cartel. Naughtons and the rest will match but they should be leading not matching

snowcat wrote: »
    Should really give Texoil the business as they are the ones leading the price reductions in the cartel. Naughtons and the rest will match but they should be leading not matching

I think it’s a bit much to expect a small independent local business to consistently compete with one of the largest fuel distribution companies in the world. I’ll ask Naughtons to try and match them but I will continue to try to support a local business.

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »
    I think it’s a bit much to expect a small independent local business to consistently compete with one of the largest fuel distribution companies in the world. I’ll ask Naughtons to try and match them but I will continue to try to support a local business.

Phh..this thread is about the cheapest home heating oil in Limerick. You can rule out Naughtons as they cant compete by your analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

They matched Texoil for me last week. Just have to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mick121

snowcat wrote:
    Phh..this thread is about the cheapest home heating oil in Limerick. You can rule out Naughtons as they cant compete by your analysis.

In fairness to naughtons,I've been using them for years and they will always price match for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9 4 leaf clover

mick121 wrote: »
    In fairness to naughtons,I've been using them for years and they will always price match for me

I agree, dealing with naughtons for years, always find they will try their best to get to me asap and their prices are competitive

I agree, dealing with naughtons for years, always find they will try their best to get to me asap and their prices are competitive

If you ring Naughtons they will be with you the following day at the latest. The delivery driver, Kieren I think is his name, is always polite and a bit of banter.

If you ring Naughtons they will be with you the following day at the latest. The delivery driver, Kieren I think is his name, is always polite and a bit of banter.

Yes but they are not the cheapest. If you want banter your local publican will entertain you as well for less. I see texoil have raised their prices even though the euro has strengthened against the dollar and oil has reduced in price. If you do not buy from the cheapest supplier there is no incentive for the others to reduce their prices. If people price match it just encourages cartels. Buy from the cheapest.

snowcat wrote: »
    Yes but they are not the cheapest. If you want banter your local publican will entertain you as well for less. I see texoil have raised their prices even though the euro has strengthened against the dollar and oil has reduced in price. If you do not buy from the cheapest supplier there is no incentive for the others to reduce their prices. If people price match it just encourages cartels. Buy from the cheapest.

I will buy from a locally owned and run business thanks very much, I'd rather my money goes into the pockets of Naughtons than into texoils and I am happy to pay a little extra in order to support Irish jobs and Irish companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

I will buy from a locally owned and run business thanks very much, I'd rather my money goes into the pockets of Naughtons than into texoils and I am happy to pay a little extra in order to support Irish jobs and Irish companies.

Whats you line ? 3c ? 5c ? 10c ?

When do you forget about local and go cheapest, what this thread is actually about?

oleras wrote: »
    Whats you line ? 3c ? 5c ? 10c ?

When do you forget about local and go cheapest, what this thread is actually about?

Funnily enough on my 1st time having to buy oil I rang all the local suppliers I could think of. TOP, shreelawn, bennnets etc and Naughtons were the cheapest of them all so I've stuck with them since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Villa05

Funnily enough on my 1st time having to buy oil I rang all the local suppliers I could think of. TOP, shreelawn, bennnets etc and Naughtons were the cheapest of them all so I've stuck with them since.

Similar experience also driver is very helpful on trouble shooting issues with the boiler and alert to security issues where there is potential for oil thieves to follow oil delivery vehicles

Also found them cheaper than companies offerring discount codes when ordering online

Advertisement