Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home heating oil - cheapest in Limerick

Options
  • 22-09-2011 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

hi guys, that time of the year again and with money in short supply, who is the cheapest for home heating oil in Limerick?
    Any ideas when is a good time to buy, are oil prices going up or down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,156 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I rang a few places during the week and the cheapest I got quoted was 83c a litre for kerosene from Naughtons and Bennetts. To be honest if we knewn when oil was to go up or down then we would be making it rick on the stock markets. There is no way of telling but given that the Northern Hemisphere is now entering Winter demand will increase and oil prices tend to driven by supply and demand as well as other factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Interested in this topic as well . I will get on the phone and check with Bennets Oil tomorrow morning , that was the place that I found cheapest last year . I have been asking the price up there when I was in for petrol during the season that was between Spring and Autumn ( not sure what it's called these days but the term Summer has been deleted from the my Dictionary ) . Normally it would have come down some but not this year , it didn't budge and I see petrol inching up again so it's doubtful that the Oil will get any cheaper .

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

paid 419e for 500ltrs yesterday from pat kiely (84c per ltr)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I just called Naughtons for a quote, its 83, but the lady I spoke to there think it nmight come down by 1 cent next Monday so hopefully my oil will last until then and I will call back for a quote next Monday. I looked at my last receipt and the price in Feb of htis year was 67 a litre, so it has gone up a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

shouldnt need it for the rest of the week , high temperatures on way , may be no sun but should be warm....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

on line quote from Corrib oil come in just under 82c/ ltr for 1000 ltrs, would be dearer for smaller quantities

https://www.corriboil.com/modules/CorribOil/OrderingSystem.aspx?TreeID=68

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

sorry for OT but what's the minimum they'll deliver? don't have too much money to spend :(

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    sorry for OT but what's the minimum they'll deliver? don't have too much money to spend :(

€250 is the smallest amount we have bought recently ( as in last February ) , that allowed us to avail of their cheapest price at the time .

snowman707 wrote: »
    on line quote from Corrib oil come in just under 82c/ ltr for 1000 ltrs, would be dearer for smaller quantities

https://www.corriboil.com/modules/CorribOil/OrderingSystem.aspx?TreeID=68

^^ this order form allows for a minimum of 200 litres (works out ~188e)

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    ^^ this order form allows for a minimum of 200 litres (works out ~188e)

yeah ... but watch the price go down as the value goes up .

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    yeah ... but watch the price go down as the value goes up .

you might be a better deal by ringing them

Naughtons Oil are down today to 82c per lire, inc VAT, so I order some oil from them today....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Here are the latest prices for 500L of Kerosene

Emo: €417

Naughtons: €417

Shreelawn: €415

Tara: €417

Bennett: €417

Campus Oil: €420

Shannonside Oil: €417

Suttons: €415

Tedcastle Regional Oil: €415

EDIT: Corrib €413

Anyone know of anywhere cheaper? :(

Also is there any group buying scheme for Limerick?

I signed up with unitedwesave.ie, but the group closed on Sunday and I'm still waiting for them to come up with an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

RonMexico wrote: »
    Here are the latest prices for 500L of Kerosene

Emo: €417

Naughtons: €417

Shreelawn: €415

Tara: €417

Bennett: €417

Campus Oil: €420

Shannonside Oil: €417

Suttons: €415

Tedcastle Regional Oil: €415

EDIT: Corrib €413

Anyone know of anywhere cheaper? :(

Also is there any group buying scheme for Limerick?

Ordered from corrib oil this evening. Say it's going up tomorrow......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

They were talking about home heating oil prices on the Pat Kenny show this morning,

Someone text / rang in to say that they rang a number of suppliers in the Limerick area and the phone was answered by the same person on a number of occasions???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Funny you mention that because the same thing happened to me. Not going to name them here but rang two different companies only for the same person to answer the phone. Maybe they were taken over :confused:

(and no I didn't call Pat Kenny, I've better things to be doing)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Looks like Corrib oil and shannonside oil are now the same people. (Link)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

C and L Oil in Hospital doing oil for .84c per liter incl Vat .... most other place are .86c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

Ordered €600 worth which amounted to 723L of Kerosene from EMO on Wednesday 19th.

price per Litre on the day: 73.12c

Today for the same money from EMO:

Fuel: KERO
    No. Of Litres: 704
    Online Payment Cost
    Cost Per Litre: 75.13 cents
    Cost Per Litre + VAT: 85.27 cents
    Total inc. VAT: €600

19 litres less for the same money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Just did a quick check on the Corrib website (they have an instant quote section), looking for the price of 700 litres of oil.

Price per litre is given as €0.774. Allowing for VAT to be 13.5% then the price for 700 litres should be 700 * 0.774 * 1.135 which is €614.94.

The website quotes €615.30.

Delphi91 wrote: »
    Just did a quick check on the Corrib website (they have an instant quote section), looking for the price of 700 litres of oil.

Price per litre is given as €0.774. Allowing for VAT to be 13.5% then the price for 700 litres should be 700 * 0.774 * 1.135 which is €614.94.

The website quotes €615.30.

they calculate per ltr with vat incl, needless to say it is rounded up

€0.774 + 13.5% = €0.879 * 700 = €615.30

.86 cent per litre for 500lt minimum order seems to be the cheapest atm . thats from Corrib and Naughtons .

.87 cent per litre for 500lt minimum order from Bennets , Tara and Thomond .

.90 cent per litre for 500lt minimum order from East Clare Oil .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,156 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The VAT and carbon tax increase in next week's budget will probably push it towards the €1 a litre mark. :eek:

Time to get off this rock.

just had to order some more home heating oil today and had a bit of a shock, price is now 91c a litre from my usual supplier Naughtons. I checked Corrib online and they are looking for 94c a litre.....crazy prices...

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

I'm looking at prices today for a fill before its starts to cool off, any recommendations? Its looking like €1/litre now in a few places I've checked at 500L purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

I'm looking at prices today for a fill before its starts to cool off, any recommendations? Its looking like €1/litre now in a few places I've checked at 500L purchase.

Presume you've checked www.cheapestoil.ie - then done a bit of 'negotiating'?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

iora_rua wrote: »
    Presume you've checked www.cheapestoil.ie - then done a bit of 'negotiating'?

Yeah, thanks though. The prices aren't always that up to date so I said I'd check here as someone may have already done the research in purchasing over the last week.

Phoned around this morning for 500lt Kerosene

Suttons €455

O'Dwyers €460

Corrib/Tara/Thomond/Bennets/EastClare €465

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Anyone know the lowest minimum delivery and who provides it?
    We have about 100 litres left in the drum and only operate 4 rads when they are on so don't want to buying loads more that wont be used.

For perspective, we bought 500 at end of October so 400 were used in 3 months.

Thanks
    irish

Advertisement