Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Idiot woman ? Well I doubt it as she's playing with gnr and you aren't and the lads seem to like her in the band, so idiot woman I don't think so.

Seriously stop embarrasing yourself on here with your nonsence.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

All he did was call you out on a post which screamed blatant sexism
    Now get that idiot woman playing the keys off the stage and twill be grand.

I mean, god forbid a female musician dare make a living playing keys and providing backing vocals in a partly reunited Guns N' Roses in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Yeeeehaw!

Goin to see em in Seattle in August!

Can't bleeedin wait!

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Yeeeehaw!

Goin to see em in Seattle in August!

Can't bleeedin wait!

Nice one, pit or seated tickets?

Seated. Don't care, can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

I've just read on Blabbermouth that there's a lack of sales. Might just be one of those things like location which is what they're saying but maybe more promotion would help?I can't see a new tune being released until after this tour. Also I wonder if Duff/Slash will play one of their solo tunes from time to time. I like Tommy Stinson's tune 'Motivation'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

RayK0309 wrote: »
    I've just read on Blabbermouth that there's a lack of sales. Might just be one of those things like location which is what they're saying but maybe more promotion would help?I can't see a new tune being released until after this tour. Also I wonder if Duff/Slash will play one of their solo tunes from time to time. I like Tommy Stinson's tune 'Motivation'.

I read that Blabbermouth article and to honest I don't think it knows what it's trying to say. It says there are poor sales but then says 17 out of the 25 dates are sold out or almost sold out and that the tour will achieve 90% capacity which is pretty good.

OK, the KC gig had a low turnout but the other one they mention (Chicago) was the second night there and was in a f*&king NFL stadium!

Ex-Guns guitarist, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal on Guns N' Roses.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Great for Adler. He needs it more than any of the others.
    Just reading Duff's autobiography now too. Crazy stuff

Duff's book is easily the best.. Also for those who have Snapchat, the band launched their own one recently..

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/746135364062969857

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This makes me smile,robbed from Twitter,taken at soundcheck in Nashville today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

lord lucan wrote: »

I'll never get used to seeing so many seats at a rock gig.

lord lucan wrote: »

Aw, love it. :D

Same 2 songs from Steven, or will it be mixed up I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Great for Adler. He needs it more than any of the others.
    Just reading Duff's autobiography now too. Crazy stuff

What's duff book called? I'd like to read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

fin12 wrote: »
    What's duff book called? I'd like to read that.

It's So Easy (And other lies), great book, we got a signed copy, he did a signing in Easons same day as Loaded played The Academy, packed it was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

scudzilla wrote: »
    It's So Easy (And other lies), great book, we got a signed copy, he did a signing in Easons same day as Loaded played The Academy, packed it was

One of the best rock biographies I've read. It was so depressing when he was talking about his alcohol and drug abuse, the way he described it you could almost feel it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Izzy seems to have been a right dirt bag as a teen. Lucky he was as talented as he is or he would be doing a long stretch in jail at the moment (or dead) .

Has anyone read Duff's other book, How To Be A Man: (and other Illusions)

13631512_10154352015748069_6477247784316489439_n.jpg?oh=32316c1e6521d3345a3a8e8ef8404baa&oe=57EAAE48

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Has anyone read Duff's other book, How To Be A Man: (and other Illusions)

13631512_10154352015748069_6477247784316489439_n.jpg?oh=32316c1e6521d3345a3a8e8ef8404baa&oe=57EAAE48

is Izzy in the photo? the guy next to Stephen.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    is Izzy in the photo? the guy next to Stephen.

No, that's Richard Fortus, he joined in '02..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Apologies if this has already been posted, but there's a great interview from Brain's time in Guns. Around 1 hour 10 in to it.

Got Duffs book today, really looking forward to reading it.

Guns N' Roses fan claims band objected to 'Where's Izzy' sign

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-07-12/guns-n-roses-fan-claims-band-objected-to-where-s-izzy-sign

Tour dates announced for South America in October.
    10/27 – Lima, PE @ Estadio Monumental
    10/29 – Santiago, CL @ Estadio Nacional
    11/04 – Buenos Aires, AR @ River Plate Stadium
    11/08 – Porto Alegre, BR @ Estadio Beira-Rio
    11/11 – Sao Paolo, BR @ Allianz Parque
    11/15 – Curitiba, BR @ Pedreira Paulo Leminski
    11/18 – Rio de Janerio, BR @ Maracana Stadium
    11/20 – Brasilia, BR @ Estadio Nacional
    11/23 – Medellin, CO @ Estadio Atansio Girardot
    11/26 – San Jose, CR @ Estadio Nacional

• Registered Users Posts: 37,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Tour dates announced for South America in October.

Europe late spring/summer 2017 I'm guessing

They will hardly do a Euro tour in December??? I'd accept if an Irish date was included lol

I think there doing Asia/Oceania Jan/Feb 2017

Who knows what happens after the South American gigs, probably go on hiatus til the new year, Slash probably regroups Myles & The Conspirators to do album #3..

They'll probably be in demand for festival season, and Download Festival usually reveal the first headliner in October/November.

Much like previous years with GN'R, it's wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd bet on a summer tour for Europe. Download and Rock Am Ring are both typically in June so I bet they'll be getting nice offers to do both. A quick look on Wikipedia has dozens of rock festivals with a lot of them in June or July all across Europe. Would be pretty dumb of them not to wait until the Summer at this stage.

It's So Easy
    Mr. Brownstone
    Chinese Democracy
    Welcome to the Jungle
    Double Talkin' Jive
    Estranged
    Live and Let Die
    Rocket Queen
    You Could Be Mine
    Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/A New Rose
    This I Love
    Sorry - Played for the first time since I believe 2009, first time with Slash & Duff
    Out Ta Get Me
    Coma
    Godfather Theme
    Sweet Child O' Mine
    Better
    Wish You Were Here/Layla
    November Rain
    Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    Nightrain

Encore
    Don't Cry
    The Seeker
    Paradise City

• Advertisement

Saw them last night in Toronto - I had never seen Axl's guns n roses or Velvet Revolver, never seen any of them live.

My god! It was the most amazing thing I think I have ever seen. Forked out $500 for the pit so was right there at the front. It actually took me about 3 songs before I started to take stuff in, I was just so sort of star struck I guess gawking at them.

Axl's voice was just mind-blowing, band were excellent as I expected and then the pyrotechnics added another layer to it.

Sort of depressed today because any gigs I go to from now on will be compared to this. I didn't even leave to the bar or bathroom once - I just did not want to miss 1 second of the action.

Advertisement