Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'd love to see a Slane performance personally next year

• Registered Users Posts: 37,938 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd love to see a Slane performance personally next year

Stadium gig myself but id put up with slane if i had too

sort out a bus from Waterford to Dublin-Slane ,get up to the gates early enough, go in find a good standing point, take my time getting out, Bus back home :D:D

Id be more nervous about standing in a large crowd (as i go to gigs on my own mostly). With a stadium gig its a lot more safer/accisable for a lone person imo

We will find out before the end of the year hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Not Slane..Please not Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

RayK0309 wrote: »
    Not Slane..Please not Slane.

Croke Park or even better Live at the Marquee haha, can't say Pairc Ui Chaoimh cause it won't be ready in time.

Anywhere other than Slane. Last time I was there myself and 60,000 other people were treated like ****. +20,000 more who were let in for free. And that tool lord ****head walks through at 2 in the day and says everything's fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Nightrain exclusive: Slash backstage in Kansas City 06/29/16

CmibaaqVUAE-uOc.jpg:large

It's So Easy
    Mr. Brownstone
    Chinese Democracy
    Welcome to the Jungle
    Double Talkin' Jive
    Estranged
    Live and Let Die
    Rocket Queen
    You Could Be Mine
    This I Love
    Civil War
    Coma
    Godfather Theme
    Sweet Child O' Mine
    Better
    Out Ta Get Me
    (with Steven Adler)
    My Michelle
    (with Steven Adler)
    Instrumental Jam
    November Rain
    Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    Nightrain
    Patience
    The Seeker
    Paradise City

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

http://loudwire.com/steven-adler-joins-guns-n-roses-onstage-cincinnati/

Ah you'd have to have a heart of stone not to be thrilled for the man. I'd say they had to drag him off the stage! Over to Izzy now...

http://loudwire.com/steven-adler-joins-guns-n-roses-onstage-cincinnati/

Ah you'd have to have a heart of stone not to be thrilled for the man. I'd say they had to drag him off the stage! Over to Izzy now...

Guess you missed the spoiler tags in the setlist post :P, thrilled for him would be an understatement, having waited 26 years just for that very moment.. Now like you said, over to one Mr. Stradlin... It will happen eventually, the Appetite 5 on the same stage...

• Advertisement

13626548_1031095766939452_5764988212958408686_n.jpg?oh=c21ef03c8ba8708d2716a3e9d3087fff&oe=58015AC0

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Guess you missed the spoiler tags in the setlist post :P, thrilled for him would be an understatement, having waited 26 years just for that very moment.. Now like you said, over to one Mr. Stradlin... It will happen eventually, the Appetite 5 on the same stage...

I saw the spoilers alright but just thought it was some kind of joke or something! Sure it's all over the webnet by now! But what a moment for him. And the swing is back! It's a credit to the man that the band actually sounded like they did all those years ago...

I wonder how it all went down. I get the impression that Slash and Duff pushed for it, that Axl was a bit reluctant but then said 'ah what the hell' and just went along with it. It was a fairly understated introduction by Axl, I thought. But who cares, it's just great to see that goofy grin all over Steven's face once more!

I saw the spoilers alright but just thought it was some kind of joke or something! Sure it's all over the webnet by now! But what a moment for him. And the swing is back! It's a credit to the man that the band actually sounded like they did all those years ago...

I wonder how it all went down. I get the impression that Slash and Duff pushed for it, that Axl was a bit reluctant but then said 'ah what the hell' and just went along with it. It was a fairly understated introduction by Axl, I thought. But who cares, it's just great to see that goofy grin all over Steven's face once more!

Now would GN'R do something like that? :pac:, in all seriousness though, the swing/feel in those 2 songs, I hope Frank took notes on how to do it, not that I'm knocking him or anything, always room from improvement..

Well Steven was actually going to be at The Troubadour show, but he suffered a back injury and had to undergo surgery
    https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_steven_adler_rehearsed_with_gnr_for_tour_but_suffered_major_back_injury.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It's some guy I've never met or have known but I'm immensely happy for the guy,to see that big smile behind the kit again is magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

My heart said yes, but my brain said no to this reunion. "Axle can't sing anymore", was but one of the thoughts I'd have. I'd seen vids of Axle "singing" over the years, and tbf, he was diabolical. However, wow, somehow he's got it back! :eek: They sound ****ing amazing there! Chuffed for them all, they made some incredible music in their time, and deserve the lime light once again. Amazing that they've recaptured the appetite era magic, having been estranged for so long...the magic of rock I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Thats the highlight of the tour for me adlers appearence.Good stuff.

Now get that idiot woman playing the keys off the stage and twill be grand.

I wouldn't call it the highlight of the tour, I've a feeling the original 5 will share the stage sooner than later, and that moment, that'll be the tour highlight..

CmwdUQnWEAAou8S.jpg

CmweWfMXgAELlRW.jpg

gnfnr.jpg.43a06f2607b92efe17bb624d2f078e1d.jpg

CmweWfMXgAELlRW.jpg

gnfnr.jpg.43a06f2607b92efe17bb624d2f078e1d.jpg

Ah that last picture is fantastic! I only hope if and when Izzy does show up, with Steven, that they clear Dizzy and yer wan off the stage. What on earth can those two possibly contribute to classic rock songs like Out Ta Get Me and My Michelle??

Come on, Izzy...get the finger out and make this happen!

I agree, when and if Izzy decides to pull the finger out and join them preferably for one or both nights in Los Angeles later next month, run through Appetite For Destruction from start to finish, then they can pad out the rest of the set with whatever they please, covers, jams, deep cuts from both Illusions, and some Chinese Democracy material for good measure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

What on earth can those two possibly contribute to classic rock songs like Out Ta Get Me and My Michelle??

Bongo's and tambourine,the hard edge them songs always missed😉

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Thats the highlight of the tour for me adlers appearence.Good stuff.

Now get that idiot woman playing the keys off the stage and twill be grand.

Idiot woman ? Well I doubt it as she's playing with gnr and you aren't and the lads seem to like her in the band, so idiot woman I don't think so.

That "idiot woman" as you put it, is earning far more just standing about onstage for 2 and a half and a bit hours, playing keys and providing backing vocals, plus like Easy said, the rest of the band must've seen something in her to bring her into the band...

Oh they see something alright. I bet she's playing more then the bongos..

RayK0309 wrote: »
    Oh they see something alright. I bet she's playing more then the bongos..
    Classy. It might be actually that mellisa reese is actually there on merit. ****ing imagine that.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Classy. It might be actually that mellisa reese is actually there on merit. ****ing imagine that.

Especially when Duff is married, Slash already has a woman, Richard is married, same with Frank, and I'd imagine Axl and Dizzy has women in their respective lives..

Plus I think, keyword THINK, Melissa was actually recommended by Bryan "Brain" Mantia..

Especially when Duff is married, Slash already has a woman, Richard is married, same with Frank, and I'd imagine Axl and Dizzy has women in their respective lives..

Plus I think, keyword THINK, Melissa was actually recommended by Bryan "Brain" Mantia..

Dizzy is married as far as I know. Axl I've no idea but I'm sure he wouldn't be left wanting.

Well just looking at her resume she's actually a talented musician in her own right. I just don't get it we have slash, duff, and Axl and for at least one night Steven Adler on the same stage and some fans are still bitching about the keyboard players ? Jesus wept.

There were ****ing keyboards and backing singers during the UYI tour. And GNR fans wonder why other music fans make fun of us and GNR during the lean years. Can we just be happy GNR are on stage ?

Relax lads. I was joking. I don't anything about her. Although, they got rid of that guy Pittman so I don't see the need for her. D Reed has been there for ages but this isn't the E-street band ya know?

Dizzy is married as far as I know. Axl I've no idea but I'm sure he wouldn't be left wanting.

Well just looking at her resume she's actually a talented musician in her own right. I just don't get it we have slash, duff, and Axl and for at least one night Steven Adler on the same stage and some fans are still bitching about the keyboard players ? Jesus wept.

There were ****ing keyboards and backing singers during the UYI tour. And GNR fans wonder why other music fans make fun of us and GNR during the lean years. Can we just be happy GNR are on stage ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to bits to see them back, regardless of who else is on stage with them. It's not like keyboards are a new departure for the band! I shouldn't have referred to Melissa as 'yer wan' and I've absolutely nothing against the girl. I certainly wouldn't call her an idiot or suggest she's there for reasons other than musical talent. She's got an opportunity and best of luck to her.

My point was that for those two songs (and for when Izzy shows up) it would be cool to see the classic line-up as there really is no need for anyone else on stage, I don't think anyone can disagree with that. And I always thought the same about the UYI tour when it turned into a cabaret show.

But that was then, this is now and I'm certainly not 'bitching' about seeing Steven Adler back on stage with the band he loves :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lads, is Steven Adler gonna play many of the gigs?

Still can't believe this.

Advertisement