Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Good shout, I won't doubt you again.

Still very surprised though!

That's OK, it was a shock when he first told me, but sure....I guess he knew better then I. I'll leave you guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Ha some twat on mygnrforum is bitching because I dared to voice my opinion about this gig.

I'd watch a pay-per-view of pissed off fans vs MCD/Axl though haha

RonMexico wrote: »
    I'd watch a pay-per-view of pissed off fans vs MCD/Axl though haha

Maybe he'll make a guest appearance at the Royal Rumble this weekend. Stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Maybe he'll make a guest appearance at the Royal Rumble this weekend. Stranger things have happened.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaawd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Ha some twat on mygnrforum is bitching because I dared to voice my opinion about this gig.

LOL, ironic. I had a similar experience on a website called boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No it's you seeming to believe that you have the right to tell people what gigs they should go to. I get it you weren't happy with the gig in Dublin last year, and it was a bit of a **** up and yes axl shouldn't have been late but he didnt deserve to be bottled by drunk **** either. I went last time and I'm considering going again.

I think this thread needs a poll??

Atari Jaguar anyone??

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No it's you seeming to believe that you have the right to tell people what gigs they should go to. I get it you weren't happy with the gig in Dublin last year, and it was a bit of a **** up and yes axl shouldn't have been late but he didnt deserve to be bottled by drunk **** either. I went last time and I'm considering going again.

Lol I said boycott the gig. I didn't say you can't go because I won't allow you.

But if you want to make a fool out of yourself then be my guest and throw away your money.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Took the words right out of my mouth. Spot on. My previous post was in reference to a post I made after the last O2 gig (just to clarify). In many drunken words said that anyone who doesn't know that Axl has shown up late for the majority of the gigs he has played over the last 20 years has been living on the moon, and throwing bottles at the band (or any band for that matter) is not on.
    According to a mate, there were all kinds of anti-gnr replies, but I never bothered going back into that thread, I just stick to GNR forums for GNR discussion (for the most part...).

• Advertisement

I think this thread needs a poll??

Atari Jaguar anyone??

No, but I think another GNR thread wouldnt go amiss. Like they did in the LOST forum. Let the haters express their views in their own thread, and keep another thread for those who want to discuss the band without distractions from the opposing side.....

RVD420 wrote: »
    No, but I think another GNR thread wouldnt go amiss. Like they did in the LOST forum. Let the haters express their views in their own thread, and keep another thread for those who want to discuss the band without distractions from the opposing side.....

But isn't that what a discussion is all about? The positive and negative side of things???

It just happens that both Axl Rose and MCD bring out the negative side of people. You may not like it, but hey, that's(Chinese)democracy.

see what I did there!!?? :D

Lol the brainwashed GNR fanboys always try to censor the critics.

LOL Haters gonna hate. Here, have a dreaded :rolleyes: for good measure. The way this thread is heading is the exact reason why there should be 2 GNR threads imo.

LOL Haters gonna hate. Here, have a dreaded :rolleyes: for good measure. The way this thread is heading is the exact reason why there should be 2 GNR threads imo.

Or it could be turned into a megathread??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Bring it on.:):):)

Or it could be turned into a megathread??

Good point. Metallica have one, surely GNR warrant similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I dont think i will be going tbh although severely tempted. I shant be treated the way i was at the last gig again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Axl Rose & Controversy will not be getting my money twice.

wasn't at the last one :D so I'm going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

In fairness Guns ant Guns unless Slash is part of it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Only going because I tend to sleep concerts out. arriving bleary eyed for the encore or not at all

he better be on 'late' else I want my money back, what's the bets I'll still out-late the prick

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I just heard the ad for the O2 gig on the radio and almost spat my tea out.

Can't believe he has the nerve to come back this year. What annoys me even more is the fact that people are seriously going to go to this?

I guess Axl is right, he can do anything he wants and get away with it.

Might tag along myself with my ticket from last year. As far as I'm concerned, he still owes me a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'd love to see Guns play, but only with the original members. I've seen Slash & Duff play & they are both great performers. But GnR wasn't about knocking out songs, they were a place in time and were more about the energy they emitted. To me, the most important member of the band was Izzy Stadlin - he was able to take all the cool bits the others produced and put them together into really coherent songs...

Good point. Metallica have one, surely GNR warrant similar?

I was being sarcastic

Be interesting to see how much rehearsal they do in Ireland prior to playing here? Anyone else see that article on Saturday?

The new band are worth a....actually, I give it up, nobody listens to me...:rolleyes:

I look forward to seeing GNR. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

I wont be attending as I dont listen to Guns N Roses. Had Appetite when it first came out, then Lies ... lost both over the years and never replaced them - dont seem to have missed them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but Axl is returning on May 17. Same venue too. Amazed that he would do that after last piece of malarky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I genuinely hope nobody turns up but the sad truth is it'll probably be a sellout.

There is already two huge threads on this OP. On in this section (scroll down) and the other in the gigs&events section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I wasn't bothered about going to the last one and I'm even less bothered about going to this one. Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive Guns N' Roses fan but I'm not a fan of overpriced Irish gigs and I'm not a fan of Axl + 4.

Advertisement