Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

RonMexico wrote: »

This has been confirmed by Brain as being official. It is a remix that he worked on, apparently he remixed all of Chinese Democracy.

All I have to say is this is absolutely appalling, it sounds like it was put together by a 13 year old fan of Mortal Kombat that just discovered how to use audacity.

There is talk of these tracks being released at some point by GNR, either as a stand alone album or as a re-released expanded Chinese Democracy. If Axl goes ahead with that I'll say he must be on the wrong meds or something.

F**k no. To quote one Mr James Hetfield: "Oh please God, help me"!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

All I have to say is this is absolutely appalling, it sounds like it was put together by a 13 year old fan of Mortal Kombat that just discovered how to use audacity..

You know what, **** ya all, I like it ;)

But of course you wouldn't expect anything less from me :D

That comment made me laugh though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

It's so nice to see Axl touring the US at the moment and it's all going without a problem. I think what people are most afraid of is the concert coming and going without a hitch, gives them nothing to moan about, and right now GNR have been on their best behavior.

If the band did that every night people would respect them a lot more. And while it's nice that they're showing up and putting on a good show for their fans, I, along with thousands of others,wonder how long this is going to last before it descends into chaos again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Axl goes back to Philly, apologises for the no-show a few years ago and then plays a blinder. Maybe he is human after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Just today realised Dublin is the start of the Euro leg. We're usually sandwiched in between England and Scotland or two England dates. Will be nice to get a fully fresh band as they have about six weeks of no dates before hand. Might even get lucky and see a change to the set list or even a new song (not necessarily brand new, but new to live shows) since it's the start of the new leg. There has been a decent amount of talk (nothing official) about a new album so if the tour goes well I reckon we could start hearing news by the end of the year. Don’t think their has been any official word on a follow up album yet.

Right now, I’m just hoping Axl doesn’t hold any ill feelings over the last time and treats it like every other show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'd say Guns will be here early and will play at The O2 the night before to a closed house, a full rehearsal for the tour.

Also didn't i read somewhere that they were going to do a bit of recording while here?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Just today realised Dublin is the start of the Euro leg.
    I heard that they have few Russia gigs before Dublin.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Also didn't i read somewhere that they were going to do a bit of recording while here?

I've been led to believe they're doing a practice the night before, don't think it's the 02 though, believe it's a studio elsewhere....I'm currently begging to attend but nobody is biting....

I know that Axl will fly into Dublin at least three or four days before the gig, from what I'm being told, to make sure he can completely adjust from jet lag too...but plans change on such an infrequent basis with the band that this could be all bull**** by the time we reach that six week break.

Axl goes back to Philly, apologises for the no-show a few years ago and then plays a blinder. Maybe he is human after all.

Where's the apology? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So is the gig still going ahead on may 17th.

Tickets are selling very slowly and on the offical GNR website there is no buy ticket option for the dublin gig which is unusal
    http://gunsnroses.com/events.

Also there is no VIP option for the dublin gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Tickets are selling very slowly and on the offical GNR website there is no buy ticket option for the dublin gig which is unusal
    http://gunsnroses.com/events.

How do you know the tickets are selling slowly? I'm nearly sure MCD/One World wouldn't release those kind of figures...

If you look at the site you linked to, you will discover that only the UK shows have a 'buy' or 'VIP' option... obviously to do with ticketing agreements rather than anything else

Bluefoam wrote: »
    How do you know the tickets are selling slowly? I'm nearly sure MCD/One World wouldn't release those kind of figures...

If you look at the site you linked to, you will discover that only the UK shows have a 'buy' or 'VIP' option... obviously to do with ticketing agreements rather than anything else

Or maybe they've realised that they're not gonna get the numbers for this gig!!?? :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Wonder why that is? ;)

Wonder why that is? ;)

See post #254 - directly above yours. ;)

There's a specific company who've set this up, and they operate in the UK, so there's nobody in Ireland to facilitate this. Plus, paying about £200 to get a tour laminate, a photo (without Axl), early entry to the merchandise stand, a "premium" seat (which I probably couldn't fit in anyway) and a set of plectrums is not my idea of fun

Having said that, the Axl plectrum sells pretty high on EBay, so if you got two of those you could make some of your money back...umm...

Anyone have any idea who support is??? Presumably if it's like last time it could be anyone since GNR will fly the band they want in from anywhere in the world to play the one gig....please just let it be someone tolerable that I can enjoy hearing an extended support set from

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There's a specific company who've set this up, and they operate in the UK, so there's nobody in Ireland to facilitate this. Plus, paying about £200 to get a tour laminate, a photo (without Axl), early entry to the merchandise stand, a "premium" seat (which I probably couldn't fit in anyway) and a set of plectrums is not my idea of fun

Having said that, the Axl plectrum sells pretty high on EBay, so if you got two of those you could make some of your money back...umm...

Anyone have any idea who support is??? Presumably if it's like last time it could be anyone since GNR will fly the band they want in from anywhere in the world to play the one gig....please just let it be someone tolerable that I can enjoy hearing an extended support set from

Danko Jones again lol. I thought Thin Lizzy mite of been in with a shout. Would love to see an 80's type band such as Poision or Quite Riot

I've been led to believe they're doing a practice the night before, don't think it's the 02 though, believe it's a studio elsewhere....I'm currently begging to attend but nobody is biting....

I know that Axl will fly into Dublin at least three or four days before the gig, from what I'm being told, to make sure he can completely adjust from jet lag too...but plans change on such an infrequent basis with the band that this could be all bull**** by the time we reach that six week break.

Nah, if they're gonna do a rehearshal they'll do it at The Point, The crew will have the stage set up the night before to iron out any issues, and will test all the lights and get them set before the tour.

Around 6 years ago i worked at The Point and was working the night Pearl Jam played a full rehearshal set to an empty arena as a full tour rehearshal.

Monday - Pearl Jam crew loaded gear into venue
    Tuesday - PJ played a full set as rehearshal
    Wedneseday - PJ opened the Euro tour in Dublin

That's what i'd lay my money on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Sweet job scudzilla!

Give us some stories from the road, you seem to have been on the road a bit?

go on , go on, go on!

:)

Sweet job scudzilla!

Give us some stories from the road, you seem to have been on the road a bit?

go on , go on, go on!

:)

Sorry to dissappoint but only worked as a roadie for a week to help me mates Breed 77 out.
    From around 98 to 2006 I wrote a weekly Rock column in my local paper so got tickets/passes/interviews for most gigs and festivals.

I've been in and out of the security business for 20yrs so that's how the Pearl Ham thing came about.

Suppose my funniest moment came when I told the singer of SnowPatrol to fcuk off cos he didnt have a pass!! He was actually cool about it too, and they were heaflining

• Advertisement

I dont think Guns would go with someone like Poison (hopefully not, anyway :p ). Personally, I'd love someone like Alice in Chains as an extended set from that calibre of band would be brilliant. Just once it's someone more than ten or so people actually know, it'll be an improvement.

I dont think Guns would go with someone like Poison (hopefully not, anyway :p ). Personally, I'd love someone like Alice in Chains as an extended set from that calibre of band would be brilliant. Just once it's someone more than ten or so people actually know, it'll be an improvement.

Yeh, I'd love to see a band as awesome as Alice in Chains supporting a cover band :rolleyes:

Yeh, I'd love to see a band as awesome as Alice in Chains supporting a cabaret band :rolleyes:

Fixed that for ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,803 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Sebastian Bach maybe the opener?

Sebastian Bach maybe the opener?

Yaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn. That is almost as predictable as Alice In Chains opening for Metallica these days.

Yeh, I'd love to see a band as awesome as Alice in Chains supporting a cover band :rolleyes:

Someone like Alice in Chains ;)

Well known but not super famous. Strong back catalog and still making new music. I'd rather that over someone nobody has ever heard of like Danko Jones, or someone who was famous close to 30 years ago and has done nothing since like Poison.

Someone like Alice in Chains ;)

Well known but not super famous. Strong back catalog and still making new music. I'd rather that over someone nobody has ever heard of like Danko Jones, or someone who was famous close to 30 years ago and has done nothing since like Poison.

Alice in Chains are a great band & I'd love to see them, but they are better than having to stoop so low as to play support for Axl Roses cover band.

BTW, I only discovered today that DJ Ashba is a guitarist and not a DJ. He also doesn't seem to know much about his instruments beyond what stickers he has put on them:

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170680

Alice in Chains are a great band & I'd love to see them, but they are better than having to stoop so low as to play support for Axl Roses cover band.

BTW, I only discovered today that DJ Ashba is a guitarist and not a DJ. He also doesn't seem to know much about his instruments beyond what stickers he has put on them:

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170680

ROFLMAOPMSL

Considering Sebastian was confirmed for Download there's a slight chance but I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Seems like Duff hasn't a clue what's going to happen at the RRHOF show next month!
    Do you hope the band is going to reunite and play?
    I think it would be killer. Do I hope to? That's a tricky question. It would be awesome. You have those day dreams like, "We'll go up and play 'Nightrain' and 'Brownstone' and throw down the microphone and drop off! That'll be killer!' But I doubt that'll happen.

Why?
    There's been no communication about anyone playing. There was probably a day in the mid-1990s where I would have tried to gather the troops, but I'm just not that guy anymore. It's too frustrating to change anyone else…I'm not even sure I'd want to change how anyone else sees a situation. But I'm going.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-bassist-duff-mckagan-on-the-hall-of-fame-ill-be-there-with-bells-on-20120309#ixzz1ofHiSubV

Good little interview with the man too.

Advertisement