Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Het-Field wrote: »
    This thread has got me thinking about the possibility of a GNR reunion. Although my conclusion, and the reasons behind my conclusion may be somewhat trite, I think it gives rise to a possibility of a reunion.

First, the current GNR lineup has more than one member of the former incarnation, and that is Dizzy Reed (from the Use Your Illusion era at least). Second, the current incarnation has recieved guest appearences by Izzy Stradlin (2006) and Duff McCagen (2010). Third, another poster has mentioned an amicable meeting between Matt Sorum and Rose. Fourth, Velvet Revolver demonstrates that good blood exists between a number of these individuals and Slash. The only difficulty would appear to be the burnt bridges between Axl and Slash.

What this suggests is that a GNR re-union (in the form of the Use Your Illusion band) is possible, but it would take some reconciliation between two individuals who have been engaged in one of the most notorious rock and roll feuds ever. It will take a lot to achieve, but I dont believe it is out of the question.

I like your optimism, but I seriously doubt it will happen - simply because of all the bad blood between Axl & Slash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I would have thought he'd be disqualified from Jury Service, having had a previous criminal record?

No, not in America, there a perspective juror will have a criminal records check done as a matter of service prior to them beginning. Their convictions do not necessarily relinquish them from service altogether and spent convictions also give them points. Rose probably wouldn't have been allowed at a criminal trial but would have been allowed in some kind of civic dispute in which the prosecution had argued a jury was needed.

Add to that, this is how he dressed to go to the court house

main.jpg

No, not in America, there a perspective juror will have a criminal records check done as a matter of service prior to them beginning. Their convictions do not necessarily relinquish them from service altogether and spent convictions also give them points. Rose probably wouldn't have been allowed at a criminal trial but would have been allowed in some kind of civic dispute in which the prosecution had argued a jury was needed.

Add to that, this is how he dressed to go to the court house

main.jpg

He looks so much like Mickey Rourke it's scary lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The braids are back??? That looks like an old picture from 2006. He is heavier now and his hair isn't braided.

RonMexico wrote: »
    The braids are back??? That looks like an old picture from 2006. He is heavier now and his hair isn't braided.

This is the picture Rolling Stone used with their article on the Jury service so I took it, considering he was also wearing a suit, that this was the relevant picture.

My apologies, this could probably be a more up to date one

Axl-Rose-Jury-Duty.jpg

• Advertisement

Personally I love this movie, if you haven't seen it then please do yourself a favour and get it cheap from Amazon

233342.1020.A.jpg

This is the picture Rolling Stone used with their article on the Jury service so I took it, considering he was also wearing a suit, that this was the relevant picture.

Axl-Rose-Jury-Duty.jpg

the f**king state of him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Axl-Rose-Jury-Duty.jpg

At first glance I thought it was,

542462C7A1024A9A89CBEBBEDE22AD0D-0000336305-0002705815-00342L-E838194D82A940B79170C331F2EF40C7.jpg

rednik wrote: »

Axl-Rose-Jury-Duty.jpg

At first glance I thought it was,

542462C7A1024A9A89CBEBBEDE22AD0D-0000336305-0002705815-00342L-E838194D82A940B79170C331F2EF40C7.jpg

That is an old photo too. I'd post a recent one but only have mobile access at the moment and it is too awkward.

axll.jpg

18642_1193352284905_1561373511_30451321_3872116_n.jpg

15hicut.jpg

rtyu.jpg

Some recent photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

RVD420 wrote: »

Well I certainly hope so, asides from Axl, I'd imagine Tommy is "second in command" and doesn't say things like this lightly, he never has before

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Well I certainly hope so, asides from Axl, I'd imagine Tommy is "second in command" and doesn't say things like this lightly, he never has before

Sure 'Second in command' means loads in that shambles of a band

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

GNR 17th May in the o2 apparently!

Is this to allow Axl to come back and p*** off his Irish "fans" even more!!!!???

AVOID!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

AVOID!!!!!!!

No u :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Scheduled for 17th May ..... gig will actually begin on 18th May :pac:

RayCon wrote: »
    Scheduled for 17th May ..... gig will actually begin on 18th May :pac:

Which year lol

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

I know its horse sh1te. The freek show rolls into town once more.

I won't be going nor would I recommend this gig to ANYONE after the farce last year. Only a pervert could enjoy being treated like cattle at the o2, herded into an arena to endure a prolonged wait for Axl Rose to piss all over you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

same setlist i presume -yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

This is great news :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I've had it on good authority (from a member of the band) that we can expect to see Guns N' Roses in Europe in 2012 - particularly UK and Ireland

Good shout, I won't doubt you again.

Still very surprised though!

Great news, lets hope Axl turns up on time, and a few drunks don't start throwing bottles at the stage....;)

Boycott this gig.

RonMexico wrote: »
    Boycott this gig.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,045 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Danko Jones for Support. ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

As a first in the history of Gigs in this country, people should be asked to pay for their ticket upon leaving the arena after a successful show!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Danko Jones for Support. ???

Or Seb Bach???

• Advertisement

I'll see you boys on May 17th, funny, can't discount what's not dead, eh?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0127/breaking17.html

Advertisement