Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying traits of radio presenters.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why would you aim to be annoying on the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

NIMAN wrote: »
    Why would you aim to be annoying on the radio?

Ask Howard Stern.

I love coming here to this radio part of boards.ie, makes me glad I now live 12,500 miles away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

BrianJD wrote: »
    Aaaahh aaaaah aaahh Moncrief Aaaaah

aaaah ehhhh not chew badge aaaah aaaah ehhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Marc Coleman on Newstalk with his dreadfully off putting throat noises every couple of minutes. Not a good sound to come across on the radio. His show is actually good, but he shouldn't be on the radio for that reason alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

"This country is a complete and utter kip. I personally despise it, I despise the people running it and most of all the gob****e populace that elected them. ... ...that's according to a report released today by..."

An all-too-common tendency of newsreaders and current affairs presenters to start a piece in the guise of an inflammatory editorial, only to hang the opinion on someone else following a pregnant pause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Not a presenter as such but Newstalk sport reporter Cian Murtagh has an annoying habit of elongating the syllables in his first name while signing off on his bulletins.

'For Newstalk sport I'm CIAAAAAAAAN MURTAGH!'

Tony Fenton.

I listen to him most days I can, and generally enjoy his choice of music.

I know many people can't stand his style. It is cheesy but I can put up with that.

However, one thing I noticed a while back and I now find it grating, is how often he repeats things.

Anyone who listens to him, listen out for it. He might say that John driving his van from Dublin to Cork has asked for a song. But he will tell us that John is driving from Dublin to Cork 3 or 4 times before he moves on to something else.

Please Tony, cut it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cassElliot

ray d'arcy and his compulsion to talk about sex.
    shut up you creep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not a presenter as such but Newstalk sport reporter Cian Murtagh has an annoying habit of elongating the syllables in his first name while signing off on his bulletins.

Today FMs Michael Michael McMuuuuuuuuuullannnnn can best him any day!

Derek Mooney. "fantastic". And his obsession with Jedward, Eurovision, Mayerdy Button and Tits. And his sidekick Brek, she is unbearable."Byyyeeeeeee"

• Advertisement

Michael McMullan's pronounciation of Newcastle United

"Nu Cassel United".

AAAAHHHHHHhhhhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

This. It took me months to figure out his name was Cian, sounds like Keelan or Kee N Murtagh or something the way he says it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Up until now, I actually thought his name was Cillian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Can't believe how lightly Tom Dunne is getting it her, the man finds himself hilarious, he is his no.1 fan, get fcuked dunne, I don't care about ur T.K. lemonade or whatever rose tinted memories you had fom the 80's ffs. I grew up in the 80's on a council estate and while I turned out ok I would hate to put my kids through my upbringing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

NIMAN wrote: »
    Michael McMullan's pronounciation of Newcastle United

"Nu Cassel United".

AAAAHHHHHHhhhhh!!

Er... what? Do you pronounce the T then?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭blowtorch

Greenman wrote: »
    Whats this "Thank you indeed" it classic RTE 1 :mad:

Or as she used to say at the beginning of the Marion Finuchane show' Well, hello out there!' In other words, you little band of beggars!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭blowtorch

Does this count....... The female Traffic news presenters in their D4 accents, where a Roundabout becomes a Rindabout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Their annoying habbit of laughing at everything when they clearly dont find it funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

I'm sure this has been mentioned on here,but this really pisses me off,cutting songs off before they finish cause you've got to go to the news/ad break/run out of time.

This is not brain surgery,if a song is say 3mins 28secs,then make sure you have 3mins 28 secs,OR DON'T PLAY THE F*CKING SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Dempsey,I'm looking at you..............:mad:

That giggling tit (Patrick) who does the TV on the Last Word, he's not even gay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 yungb

tony fenton playin the same songs every single day. so predictable...

Hector - "Naaavan, gingar hayar, hosse racin lads, da craic, Rahoo Rahoo Rahoo". Gobshìt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Matt Cooper = too close to the microphone, making it sound like its half way down his throat. Same for Marian Finucane, where every gulp and swallow is exaggerated. Then there is the 'laughing at anything' phenomenon, the best exponent being Mr Tom Dunne who would probably laugh if you told him that your gran had some incurable illness! Then there is that old chestnut that still irritates me, and that is the incessant use of the term "In Studio" which now pervades every corner of Irish broadcasting (apart from Matt Cooper's show) strangely enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

MJ23 wrote: »
    Hector - "Naaavan, gingar hayar, hosse racin lads, da craic, Rahoo Rahoo Rahoo". Gobshìt

Haha, priceless!!!

Also, Ian Dempsey's most annoying trait...being Ian Dempsey.
    That man would flog any product if it got him more air time to blather on.
    And jesus, his laugh....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

GastroBoy wrote: »
    Haha, priceless!!!

Also, Ian Dempsey's most annoying trait...being Ian Dempsey.
    That man would flog any product if it got him more air time to blather on.
    And jesus, his laugh....:mad:

Dont forget "singing" over the end of songs.......or putting up with that twat Paul Collins........good old P.C.......annoying **** more like it who hasnt a clue between a rugby ball and tennis racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Surely having to listen to Paul Collins every morning earns Dempsey a little leeway?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

I cringe every time I hear Paul Collins put on his over the top English accent when he talks about soccer. On a national station it's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Bard wrote: »
    Er... what? Do you pronounce the T then?

Most folks this side of the Atlantic pronounce it Nyucassel, he says Noocassel. A bit of an Americanism is all.
    mike65 wrote: »
    That giggling tit (Patrick) who does the TV on the Last Word, he's not even gay.

+1
    He annoys the shoite (as Moy-kel from the sports news presumably would say) out of me. He always seems to be on the verge of breaking his ar5e laughing, even if the subject matter is serious.

On the plus side, I haven't heard Tara "and eh and eh" Brady in a long time, so you win some, you lose some.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Rick o sheas voice just irritates me,it's like a whisper monotone drone.

• Advertisement

"down the country" - any number of presenters sat on their arses in Dublin.

Advertisement